Who do y'all think are the best Centers & Power Forwards in next year's NBA Draft (2015)

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 2,089
edited December 2014 in From the Cheap Seats
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Who do y'all think are the best Centers & Power Forwards in next year's NBA Draft (2015) 27 votes

Jahlil Okafor - C
55%
S2Jtoheeb27aneed123thagamet_m_a_c_f_a_n73088StoneColdMikeyBilly_PonchoRiGGAsilverfoxxCashmoneyDuxTHIRDSUPREMEluke1733Ghost3139TRAY804 15 votes
Karl Towns - PF/C
29%
MillzOGbless the childL.O.S.T.JDSTAYWITITA$AP_A$TONdeemoneythedjericb4prez#1hiphopjunki3 8 votes
Willie Cauley-Stein - C
3%
Negro_Caesar 1 vote
Myles Turner
0%
Cliff Alexander
0%
Frank Kaminsky
11%
MantequillaRum Middleton [Deleted User] 3 votes
OTHER
0%

Comments

• t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jahlil Okafor - C
    Kaminsky? Lmao. Anyways it's Jahlil, I like Cauley-Stein though he'll be like a Tyson Chandler in the league
  • Bulletproof Wallets
    Bulletproof Wallets Members Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if dude is a PF or SF but Justin Anderson at UVA reminds me of Mike Beasley in college.
  • [Deleted User]
    Frank Kaminsky
  • [Deleted User]
    Frank Kaminsky
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2014
    Frank Kaminsky
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jahlil Okafor - C
    Okafor and it isn't even close
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Jahlil Okafor - C
    CHICAGO STAND UP
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okafor and it isn't even close

Towns is as good as Okafor. Turner could be better then both a few years from now
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jahlil Okafor - C
    LMAO @ Frank Kaminsky being better than Okafor, if all these dudes enter the Draft Kaminsky looks like the 4th or 5th best big man prospect. Okafor should go 1st in the draft, dude got moves on the block.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2014
    Frank Kaminsky
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Kaminsky is nice but too many in the hype with Okafor come conference tourney and March Madness people will see who has the better all around game.
  • 9TRAY
    Jahlil Okafor - C
    9TRAY_93EB wrote: »
    LMAO @ Frank Kaminsky being better than Okafor, if all these dudes enter the Draft Kaminsky looks like the 4th or 5th best big man prospect. Okafor should go 1st in the draft, dude got moves on the block.

Did you see them play last Wednesday. He had problems with Kaminsky. Duke switched their game up because of him and their guards won that game. I won't doubt that OK4 is better but Kaminsky game is well rounded. He got a handle for a Center and he can beat OK4 off the dribble. His post moves and back to the basket game is overlooked and he can defend just as good. Kaminsky is better around the perimeter and behind the arc which gave OK4 problems trying to defend him and got into foul trouble early. I have no doubt OK4 coming in #1 tho

I've seen Kaminsky play, he's decent. If I were a GM & I was ranking big man draft prospects I'd list them as

1. Okafor
    2. Turner
    3. Towns

4th or 5th could rotate between Kaminsky/Alexander
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2015
    Frank Kaminsky
  • 9TRAY
    edited January 2015
    Jahlil Okafor - C
    9TRAY wrote: »

Did you see them play last Wednesday. He had problems with Kaminsky. Duke switched their game up because of him and their guards won that game. I won't doubt that OK4 is better but Kaminsky game is well rounded. He got a handle for a Center and he can beat OK4 off the dribble. His post moves and back to the basket game is overlooked and he can defend just as good. Kaminsky is better around the perimeter and behind the arc which gave OK4 problems trying to defend him and got into foul trouble early. I have no doubt OK4 coming in #1 tho

I've seen Kaminsky play, he's decent. If I were a GM & I was ranking big man draft prospects I'd list them as

1. Okafor
    2. Turner
    3. Towns

I can understand you having OK4 over Kaminsky but Myles Turner and Karl Towns, nah. They are still tweeners and should stay a season or two more to develop. What aspects of Town's & Turner's game that you think are better than Frank Da Tank?

Turner, Kaminsky, & Towns are all 6'10 - 6'11. They will be PF's in the league, I don't see how their tweeners. Their games in the low post are better than Kaminsky. I don't think Kaminsky is trash, he's just not better than those three players
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2015
    Frank Kaminsky
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Okafor
    2. Turner
    3. Towns

I can understand you having OK4 over Kaminsky but Myles Turner and Karl Towns, nah. They are still tweeners and should stay a season or two more to develop. What aspects of Town's & Turner's game that you think are better than Frank Da Tank?

Turner, Kaminsky, & Towns are all 6'10 - 6'11. They will be PF's in the league, I don't see how their tweeners. Their games in the low post are better than Kaminsky. I don't think Kaminsky is trash, he's just not better than those three players

Turner and Towns are projected 5s not 4s. They can both play some PF but I don't think they are athletic enough to play that position on the NBA for long stretches.
  • 9TRAY
    Jahlil Okafor - C

1. Okafor
    2. Turner
    3. Towns

Towns & Turner are projected to be one and done prospects. We haven't even seen them in tournaments yet. Kaminsky is already battle tested. There are aspects of Towns & Turner game that still needs to develop. Their post and back to the basket aren't better than Frank.

Meaning what? You got it fam, Kaminsky is not good enough to be going back & forth with posts. Kaminsky is decent, it ain't like I said Thomas Hamilton Jr. Is better that Kaminsky

1. Okafor
    2. Turner
    3. Towns

Turner and Towns are projected 5s not 4s. They can both play some PF but I don't think they are athletic enough to play that position on the NBA for long stretches.

waka2.gif
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jahlil Okafor - C
    lol @ kaminsky.

Please see the Emeka Okafor (irony) vd Dwight Howard rule.

A kid who is better in college or 'gives him trouble' doesnt make him a better prospect. You're talking about a 19 year old. Kaminsk is nowhere near Okafor as a prospect.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Jahlil Okafor - C
    I dont see anything at all with Turner. Nothing. Nothing at all with Alexander bc he's undersized. I see potential with Towns. Cauley Stein is Dan Gadzuric light.

I think its essential to remember just bc these guys come in as top prospects from HIGH SCHOOL, doesnt mean we're pidgeon holed to do super projections that they will be good in the NBA.
  • [Deleted User]
    Frank Kaminsky
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of them will be ass, Kobe was right about Euro talent and current level of high schooler(AAU).

NBA talent level is gonna continue to get watered down
  • [Deleted User]
    Frank Kaminsky
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    Kaminsky? Lmao. Anyways it's Jahlil.
    That was a nice win by Duke. Okafor had problems with Kaminsky which I expected. He can't defend outside of the perimeter which Kaminsky took advantage of. His post game is just as good if not better than Okafor's. The only thing Okafor got over Kaminsky is his strength. Okafor muscled his way in and scored the first point. Kaminsky quickly realized and adjusted his defense by staying in front of Okafor denying him the ball. Once Okafor seen that he didn't want the ball and his teammates hesitated passing it to him because he's so use to his opponent being behind him. If i was looking for a more skilled center for the 2015 draft i would pick Kaminsky over Okafor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC7feDM8cIQ
    that was a nice break down video
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karl Towns - PF/C
    I'm biased, but so what.