Who do y'all think are the best Centers & Power Forwards in next year's NBA Draft (2015)

Options

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jahlil Okafor - C
    S2J wrote: »
    lol @ kaminsky.

Please see the Emeka Okafor (irony) vd Dwight Howard rule.

A kid who is better in college or 'gives him trouble' doesnt make him a better prospect. You're talking about a 19 year old. Kaminsk is nowhere near Okafor as a prospect.

That's not a good comparison man

I did not say it was a comparison. Its a rule. A general rule of thumb. You're comparing a senior to a freshman, a soon to be 22yr old vs a just turned 19 year old. Its spot on and im suprised i had to explain that lol
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,089
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Frank Kaminsky
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • S2J
    Options
    Jahlil Okafor - C
    lol @ kaminsky.

Please see the Emeka Okafor (irony) vd Dwight Howard rule.

A kid who is better in college or 'gives him trouble' doesnt make him a better prospect. You're talking about a 19 year old. Kaminsk is nowhere near Okafor as a prospect.

That's not a good comparison man

I did not say it was a comparison. Its a rule. A general rule of thumb. You're comparing a senior to a freshman, a soon to be 22yr old vs a just turned 19 year old. Its spot on and im suprised i had to explain that lol

Your rule is still wack and a lame cop out. I'm relying on skill set between Jahlil & Frank which is much different then Emeka & Dwight. C'mon son.

He's 3 years older than Okafor...of course his skill set is higher. Also, there's dudes in Dwight's HS class thatt are probably more skilled than him to this day...from Europe. Some things you just cant teach. Okafor is miles ahead of Kaminsky as a prospect.

Chris Webber-Alan Henderson comes to mind.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Frank Kaminsky
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Frank Kaminsky
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jahlil Okafor - C
    This dude loves Frank Kaminsky as a prospect. He'll be a nice rotational big in the league, fam.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Frank Kaminsky
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl Towns - PF/C
    If the Knicks draft Kaminsky high in the draft they deserve to suck for the next 10 years. LOL. Like many have stated the guy is solid but shouldn't be looked at as a franchise type player. At best he will be a solid rotation player and maybe a situational starter.

• #1hiphopjunki3
    Options
    Karl Towns - PF/C
    I like Towns because he already has the size of a Center, can shoot a bit outside of the paint and hits his free throws at a good %, rebounds well, blocks shots well, is young and is a decent athlete for his size.

Of course a lot of whats going to determine how good these guys turn out in the NBA is the situation they end up in and how hard they work
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Frank Kaminsky
  • S2J
    Options
    Jahlil Okafor - C
    nbadraft.net is known for either being very accurate, or at worst over-estimating guys pro potential. They rarely ever UNDER sell someone.

So if even they say this ngga's pro potential is Nenad Kristic.....bruh....
  • S2J
    Options
    Jahlil Okafor - C
    That boy Okafor showed emotion after gettin some buckets, on some 'Yeeea, ngga'

I totally didnt expect him to have 'yeaaa, ngga' in him

That convinced me. He's forreal.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Frank Kaminsky
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Frank Kaminsky
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    other. montrezl harrell
  • S2J
    Options
    Jahlil Okafor - C
    Harrell is LISTED at 6'8. Woulntdnt be suprised if he's actually 6'6 or 6'7. Pass!
  • S2J
    Options
    Jahlil Okafor - C
    daville wrote: »
    Harrell is LISTED at 6'8. Woulntdnt be suprised if he's actually 6'6 or 6'7. Pass!

he plays bigger than his height and he got like a 7'2" wing span

Weaknesses: Still very raw as a basketball player ... Doesn't have much of a post game at all ... Appears somewhat mechanical with the ball in his hands offensively ... Not a great defensive rebounder (2.2 DRPG). Needs to work on his technique instead of relying solely on athleticism ... Has a great wingspan, but is still slightly undersized for a power forward at 6'8 ... Footwork is rough ... Poor free throw shooter (51%) ... Can be overly aggressive at times, particularly on defense ... Really needs to diversify his offensive game beyond around-the-rim plays if he wants to be more than a one-dimensional role player at the next level

NBA Comparison: JJ Hickson/Bo Outlaw

I'll say it again...Pass!
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Frank Kaminsky
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kaminsky = White Andrew Nicholson
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Frank Kaminsky
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Frank Kaminsky
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Frank Kaminsky
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Karl Towns - PF/C
    Frank impressed me in the tournament but he is going to have to get seriously stronger and more accurate with his shot to be a quality starter in the NBA.

NCAA basketball is totally different than the NBA and success or mediocrity in one doesn't always mean it will be the same in the other. Like I stated earlier in this thread he will be a solid NBA player as is, in the right situation but in order for him to be more he still has a bit of work to do with his body and game.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Frank impressed me in the tournament but he is going to have to get seriously stronger and more accurate with his shot to be a quality starter in the NBA.

NCAA basketball is totally different than the NBA and success or mediocrity in one doesn't always mean it will be the same in the other. Like I stated earlier in this thread he will be a solid NBA player as is, in the right situation but in order for him to be more he still has a bit of work to do with his body and game.

i wouldnt draft kaminksy for the simple fact that hes white

every year it seem like theres this white boy killing ? in college only to be drafted and never being heard of again - off the top of my head i dont think there is a white player currently playing in the nba i would want on my team outside of depth (unless hes euro)

if kaminsky turns out to be different its something i would just have to live with but i see him being nothing more than a 8 pts 4 rebs 15 minute rotational guy that jon leuer ?
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    boston gonna send all their picks for the next decade so they can draft kaminsky