Who do y'all think are the best Centers & Power Forwards in next year's NBA Draft (2015)

Options
13»

Comments

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wouldn't be surprised if Frankie ends up in Utah.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl Towns - PF/C
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised if Frankie ends up in Utah.

Why would Utah draft Frank? They have a very strong and young front court with Rudy Gobert, Derrick Favors & Gordon Hayward.
  • deemoneythedj
    deemoneythedj Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl Towns - PF/C
    Wanted to go with Okafor, but I'll take Towns. My biggest beef with Okafor is he catches the ball so high, then tries bully ball. If he caught the ball closer to the paint, the game would be much easier. He's not gonna be able to catch the ball damn near at the corner 3 like that in the league
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl Towns - PF/C
    I like Rakeem Christmas too, he got screwed over with all the fuckery going on at Syracuse this season.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 2,089
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Frank Kaminsky
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    charles barkley though lmao i will take your opinion before his -- its so obvious watching him over the years do work for ncaa that he doesnt do his homework for teams/players -- what he says during the tournament is useless more often then not -- his nba analysis is better but even then we all know hes only there for his entertainment value and not his wisdom

the thing about kaminsky other than being white is this -- im looking at it from a different lens than you

the way i see it is it took him several years to get to the level hes at so i dont know how much better he can get and as it stands he will struggle with nba size and speed -- you can overcome one perhaps but both are tough he would have to be lethal from 3 and as we know the nba 3 differs from the college 3 (he a little slow with the release too) and even then its hard to have a place in the league being able to defend no one

i personally think there was some upperclassmen taking advantage of underclassmen thing and will have a similar career that of jon leuer who had a similar career to franks during his time in wisconsin who was also similar in size and skill set
  • Mantequilla
    Mantequilla Members Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Frank Kaminsky
    Best big since Davis, likely better in the pros
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jahlil Okafor - C
    Really doesn't matter who's the best center anymore. PG's, SG's, SF's and PF's don't pass the ball to centers consistently enough for them to do the damage they could do if anyway. Centers drafted to the NBA almost become non-factors b/c the coaches and players won't run plays for them. More than half their points come from tip-ins or as a relief/accident pass from a PG who got trapped. ? me off a little. They took the big man out the game.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man, its' a shame how Cliff Alexander ended up @ Kansas, he was killing Jahlil in high school
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karl Towns - PF/C
    luke1733 wrote: »
    Really doesn't matter who's the best center anymore. PG's, SG's, SF's and PF's don't pass the ball to centers consistently enough for them to do the damage they could do if anyway. Centers drafted to the NBA almost become non-factors b/c the coaches and players won't run plays for them. More than half their points come from tip-ins or as a relief/accident pass from a PG who got trapped. ? me off a little. They took the big man out the game.

Good point, see how they phasing the position out of the ASG.

But I think the position still serves a purpose and you want a good of one as you can get.