If Jameis Winston Pulls This Off, He Will Be the Greatest College Football Player of All Time

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? ass NCAA selection committee knew this too, that's why they kept dropping FSU in the rankings. They didn't want to give them that 1 spot so they could play in New Orleans where FSU fans would travel and select Ohio State. They've been trying to downplay FSU.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oregon vs FSU is the best possible matchup. Shame it's in the prelim round and not THE championship game
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    So tryna say that Winston would be better than the ? Tebow........HUH??....HUH?? is this what you tryna to say?

Nah ? this disrespect cant be tolerated......Matter of fact pull up ? !
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    G.Avant wrote: »
    So tryna say that Winston would be better than the ? Tebow........HUH??....HUH?? is this what you tryna to say?

Tebow has 1 title as a starter, the other was Leak. Speaking of which
    R.D. wrote: »
    Chris Leak and Tebow> Jameis

You sir are disqualified. Chris Leak UNDERperformed for 3 years and barely beat out a freshman Tebow.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naw cam newton is the goat college football player. ? won a championship with scrubs
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S2J wrote: »

You sir are disqualified. Chris Leak UNDERperformed for 3 years and barely beat out a freshman Tebow.

I dare somebody to co sign this

I dare you

I double dare you

I triple dog dare you

Gon ahead so I can post Chris Leak numbers while he was "underperforming"
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leak aint under perform he was held back by a garbage ass coach. You could tell Leak was that dude even when we were losing to Miss State and having to pull miracle comebacks against UK and ? .
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Peanut_205 wrote: »
    Naw cam newton is the goat college football player. ? won a championship with scrubs
    Newton wasn't even the MVP of the National Title game, Michael Dyer was and he is somehow still playing college football and at his 4th college, can you imagine trying to get this ? 's credits in order for his graduation plan:

Auburn
    Arkansas State
    Arkansas Baptist
    Louisville
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention Jameis plays baseball too.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • S2J
    These nggas so far got Cam Newton and CHRIS LEAK. Yall gotta come better

Chris Leak was the #1 recruit in the country and proceeded to lose about 3,4 games a year. Ngga Chris Leak's a fukin afterthought get out the fan zone

And how tf u even put Leak ahead of Danny Wuerfel as far as UF? Lil nggas, dont know sports before 2000
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you don't wanna go off numbers and you don't want to base it on impact, where's your argument? We only on college QBs right now and you said any sport

Lmaooo stop it slime

? Brady Quinn>Jameis
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I absolutely hate FSU as a Canes and UCF fan, but i hope he pulls it off.

1. It would end that Tim Tebow is goat college player nonsense because he gets credit for Chris Leak's national championship.2. It would ? off white America.

People never want to hear the bold though no matter how true that ? is.

For the record Winston could never be the GOAT because he isn't even the GOAT of FSU QB's that goes to the one and only Charlie Ward!!!!
  • D. Morgan
    Ken Dorsey> Jameis

FSU is a talented as anybody in the country but even I have to admit the ? surrounding Dorsey at Miami was unreal. Damn near anybody could've been successful at QB for those Miami teams.

As a Miami fan you right and Dorsey with his limp noodle candy ass arm he still managed to lose the ? title game against OSU. Yes we were robbed on that late ass pass interference call. If you all can remember that game the Miami wide receivers were wide open the whole ? game and Dorsey lame ass didn't get them the ? ball.
  • D. Morgan

You trippin with the bold. Leak was the goods!
  • S2J
    edited December 2014

That type argument dont work in college. There is no such thing as 'scrubs' in the SEC, and systems have won countless titles at the college level. Nick Marshall was 20 seconds away from doing exactly what Cam did

And b4 you mention it, Aubrun fell the ? of bc Mahlzahn was quitely the maestro of that offense. He left and Gene Chissick was an idiot and got exposed.

Mahlzahn comes back, they IMMEDIATELY contend for a title.
  • S2J
    edited December 2014
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    I absolutely hate FSU as a Canes and UCF fan, but i hope he pulls it off.

1. It would end that Tim Tebow is goat college player nonsense because he gets credit for Chris Leak's national championship.2. It would ? off white America.

People never want to hear the bold though no matter how true that ? is.

For the record Winston could never be the GOAT because he isn't even the GOAT of FSU QB's that goes to the one and only Charlie Ward!!!!

That's a nostalgia vote. I love Chuck as much a the next man...the site of him and Warrick in them Air Veers is what MADE me a FSU fan!

But facts is facts. He's already equaled him w/ the Heisman and NC combo (as a freshman, with better numbers). If he wins another OF COURSE he's the greatest FSU QB.

Ward
    1992- 55.9% , 2,647yds, 22TD, 17int...100car, 504yds, 6td
    1993- 69.5%, 3,032yds, 27TD, 4int...65car, 339yds, 4td

Winston
    2013- 66.9%, 4,057, 40td, 10int
    2014- 65%, 3559yds, 24td, 17int

-64 passing TD to 49td
    -Winston had almost as many passing TDs in 1 year (40), as Ward had in 2 (49)....AS A FRESHMAN!

Even Jamies' sophmore slump year trumps Ward's more pedestrian 1992 stats. Numbers wise, its not a debate. Legacy wise it would not be a debate. Future success in the NFL it probably would not be a debate. The only thing Chuck would have on him is...nostalgia. Which in time would unfortunately vanish w/ newer success. See Aaron Rodgers v Brett Favre.

Next!
  • S2J
    edited December 2014

Aight lets nip this Chris Leak ? in the bud

2003-59% 2324yds, 16td, 11int...8-5
    2004-59%, 3197yds, 29td, 12int...7-5
    2005-63%, 2639yds, 20td, 6int...9-3
    2006-63%, 2942yds, 23td, 13int...13-0

MEH!

Those are Troy Smith-like game manager numbers for a college QB (he did eat his sophmore year but he peaked.) He need to thank ? for Urban Meyer, Harvin, Tebow, and that defense.

Colt Mccoy>>>>> as a 4year starter. So this is the last time we're gonna mention Chris Leak. The ngga is not in the discussion. Was never a Heisman finalist, let alone winner. Stop this.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RD trolling like a muthafucka. Chris leak though?
  • Negro_Caesar
    ? jameis winston took over a team that already had talent. Aurburn wasnt even ranked when that season started. ? said dyer. Let me c that ? stats when newton wasnt the focus of a defense. That ? decent but come on. Newton went from not heard of after gettin kicked out at florida to a championship team with scrubs. A heisman while playing in that hardest conference in football. And the #1 overall pick in the draft
  • D. Morgan

Aight lets nip this Chris Leak ? in the bud

2003-59% 2324yds, 16td, 11int...8-5
    2004-59%, 3197yds, 29td, 12int...7-5
    2005-63%, 2639yds, 20td, 6int...9-3
    2006-63%, 2942yds, 23td, 13int...13-0

MEH!

Those are Troy Smith-like game manager numbers for a college QB (he did eat his sophmore year but he peaked.) He need to thank ? for Urban Meyer, Harvin, Tebow, and that defense.

Colt Mccoy>>>>> as a 4year starter. So this is the last time we're gonna mention Chris Leak. The ngga is not in the discussion. Was never a Heisman finalist, let alone winner. Stop this.

I was just talking ? with the Ward and Leak comments. Even though I do think Leak was a good player and the media does like to give Tebow credit for the National Title that Leak actually lead UF to.

The bold though ? do you know how many great college players are never Heisman finalist? That ? shouldn't really even be brought up cause a lot teams programs spend money to hype players up just to be Heisman canidates. Heisman finalist are only the 3-4 players they invite to the damn ceremony. That leaves out a lot of great players every year.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Cam threw for 30 tds and 7 ints. 66% completion percentage. 1500 ruahing yards. And 20 tds.

Now go say johnny manziel and show me that ? undefeated record. Foh
  • S2J
    edited December 2014
    ? jameis winston took over a team that already had talent. Aurburn wasnt even ranked when that season started. ? said dyer. Let me c that ? stats when newton wasnt the focus of a defense. That ? decent but come on. Newton went from not heard of after gettin kicked out at florida to a championship team with scrubs. A heisman while playing in that hardest conference in football. And the #1 overall pick in the draft

Man i miss them 'talking sports out your ass' commercials LOl Bc of that Ken Dorsey ? now everybody 'had all that talent around them'

Its a major program in a major conference...of course it had talent! Just like...pretty much any QB in a major school has talent.

But it was nowhere near 'The U' '03 talent aka 'put anybody in there they'll win' talent. And seeing Nick Marhsall ? in that same Auburn system destroys your argument anyway

As far as the talent on last year's squad:

1) 11 players were drafted from the previous year and many more graduated. It was a VERY young team
    2) Last year's FSU that team was supposed to be 1, maybe even 2 years away if you follow recruiting and prospects.
    3) Benjamin the only 1st rnd pick from that squad. Joyner went 2nd round, Jernigan 2nd rnd...Davonte Freemna was a 4th round pick...couple late round picks from the defense...Wilder undrafted...Kenny Shaw, undrafted...Christian Green undrafted...

Thats pretty tame for a national champion team.

Their best NFL prospects are/would be juniors THIS year. So he led a team full of freshman and sophmore starters to a title.