Can Earth survive without religion or belief in ? ?

1234568»

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingSimba wrote: »
    zombie wrote: »
    which law am i talking about???

Matthew 22:36-40
    36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your ? with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Here is a precept for this....
    1 John 5:3-4

3 For this is the love of ? , that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. 4 For whatsoever is born of ? overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

and that's the new testament......

The Lord only really has two commandments
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your ? with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

3 For this is the love of ? , that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. 4 For whatsoever is born of ? overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

I'm not hear to argue with you. I only posted that scripture to back what you originally posted.

The verses from Matthew 22 that you posted seem to say that of you are following the first two commandments correctly, then the others will be followed by default.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jesus admitting the 10 commandments were not grievous and were to be taken seriously.....makes sense considering Jesus never said a bad word about the Old Testament
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014

I'm not hear to argue with you. I only posted that scripture to back what you originally posted.

The verses from Matthew 22 that you posted seem to say that of you are following the first two commandments correctly, then the others will be followed by default.

I was agreeing with you because that is what they say
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was agreeing with you because that is what they say

my bad bruh.