These Empty Ass Protests Need to Stop

Maximus Rex
Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2014 in The Social Lounge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Doi_U0f8OA

Go to 1:22-2:34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixfwGLxRJU8

Go to 22:09-26:30

? like to clown and marginalize Dr. King's achievements and what he managed to accomplish. Dudes see him as being "? made," because he allowed himself to subjected to the savagery of white America for the greater good. The tactic was quite effective because it lead to the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

As you see from the clips Dr. King was about to shift the focus of the fight. In the first he's specifically talking about holding muthafuckas accountable for the way they treat a muthafucka and if they refused to do so then their would be punitive measures inflicted upon the offending corporation. In the second clip he's talking about coming for what was rightfully ours. Dr. King wasn't playing with these white folks and white America knew it. If there was one black man in America that could get us reparations in addition to having the power and influence organization massive boycotts that would cause economic hardships on major corporations, it would have been Dr. King, which is why the government had him assassinated. Say what you will about Dr. King and his methods, but like Swiftness said in It's the Civil Rights Movement, Who You Riding With? http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/511692/its-the-civil-rights-movement-who-you-riding-with SCLC, (in conjunction with the NAACP were the two organizations that able to enact widespread policy change.

beeheadline.jpg

Though I admit the Panthers sent a very strong message when they ran up into the California statehouse with rifles and ? . Which brings me to these recent protests in regards to non indictments of Darren Wilson and Daniel Pantaleo. These white folks and their quasi Gestapo wing, (and sometime's private citizens (e.g. George Zimmerman,) are running a muck out here and killing us with impunity, however, we're voicing or "outrage," using tactic that's over fifty years old and is more played out than Kwane and those ? poka dots. When the Dominate Society and the police see us these ? protests, they sit back and laugh at us, because they know at the end of the day that we're not serious about maintaining our freedom, ending police corruption and brutality and abjectly refuse (either through complacency or straight up fear that we won't comfort white supremacy. This refusal to confront white supremacy has only embolden white supremacists to systematically abuse, brutalize, and murder us with zero fear of punishment.

People we have reached a point where we have to take drastic measures and these empty ass protests (whether by members of Congress, or people tying up traffic on a Friday night, which only effects people that are going to the club, the movies, or a late dinner isn't going to lead to us as people being taken seriously, let alone black people regaining our respect and forcing changes in municipal, state, or national policy towards us, I purpose is a "new black militancy," which involves economic civil disobedience.

Now you're probably asking yourself what exactly is economic civil disobedience. Economic civil disobedience involves the delaying of the opening of the following of the institutions of commerce and symbols of capitalism.

Quantum-NY.jpg

165 Broadway (home to the largest stock exchange in the U.S., the National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations, commonly known as the NASDAQ)

The-New-York-Stock-Exchange.jpg

The New York Stock Exchange.

aseproject.jpg

The American Stock Exchange.

440px-Federal-reserve-33-liberty.jpg

The Federal Reserve Bank of New York

What I'm talking about is an out-and-out disruption of commerce, or as I'd like to call it economic civil disobedience. We as a people have a reached a crises point in America where local law enforcement agencies across the nation feel as if they can come into our neighborhoods, then verbally abuse us, while subjecting black people to wanton acts of savage violence and !murder. People this needs to stop immediately! Unfortunately using the out-dated method of protesting at night or on the weekend isn't going to drive the point home.

Economic civil disobedience will not immediately get us the attention need to have our voices be heard as it pertains to the out of control police departments that are using brutality and murder as a crime fighting technique, but economic civil disobedience will get us our respect back as a people.

We have to show the Dominate Society that if you continue to treat us as less than human and if you continue to let your quasi Gestapo continue to brutalize and murder us with impunity, then black people in America will impede and disrupt their ability to make money. Just image if you had a large scale protest which involved people blocking the entrance to the Stock Exchange, the NASDAQ, or the Federal Reserve? Companies could possibly lose hundreds of millions of dollars in a course of two hours (due to the police having to come and arrest the people who are blocking the entrance to these buildings.) This would send a message to the powers that be that there are grievances pending as a pertains to black people that need to be addressed and addressed immediately. The mantra needs to be changed from "No Justice, No Peace." to "No Justice, No Money." Until we're willing to engage in this new militancy and implement economic civil disobedience, then we will can only expect the disrespect, abuse, and killing of our people to continue.

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Co-sign, we can and should be doing a lot more to protest what's going on....
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Mister B. wrote: »
    As much as I was glad to be apart of the protest Wednesday, and as happy as I am too see the major cities follow suit, I see the main reason why this hasn't been taken seriousl yet....

Most of regular, small-town (mostly white-bred) America hasn't been shaken up about how serious these protests are yet, simply because it hasn't effect their lives and made them take notice.

What needs to happen is a protest that will make ALL of America have no choice but to stop and deal with this.

People need to protest something BIG and shut that down. I mean really bring it to a stop. Shutting the roads down for a few hours at night is noble, but all it does is cause news stations to say "they're inconviencing all these regular people trying to get home."

Nah, ? that. A man was choked till he died...on camera...and the guy that killed him is only free because he's a cop.

I think a protest of a million people done at THE SUPER BOWL would bring this country to a grinding halt. If it's done right - and I mean a literal Million Person Protest surrounding the entire area 360 degrees from sun up to the next day, thereby canceling the Bowl - that would literally rock the country to its core. It'd be like a ? Atomic Bomb to the country.

Anyone thinks that could be done?

I said this about a week ago.....no answers.
  • Maximus Rex
    As much as I was glad to be apart of the protest Wednesday, and as happy as I am too see the major cities follow suit, I see the main reason why this hasn't been taken seriousl yet....

Most of regular, small-town (mostly white-bred) America hasn't been shaken up about how serious these protests are yet, simply because it hasn't effect their lives and made them take notice.

What needs to happen is a protest that will make ALL of America have no choice but to stop and deal with this.

People need to protest something BIG and shut that down. I mean really bring it to a stop. Shutting the roads down for a few hours at night is noble, but all it does is cause news stations to say "they're inconviencing all these regular people trying to get home."

Nah, ? that. A man was choked till he died...on camera...and the guy that killed him is only free because he's a cop.

I think a protest of a million people done at THE SUPER BOWL would bring this country to a grinding halt. If it's done right - and I mean a literal Million Person Protest surrounding the entire area 360 degrees from sun up to the next day, thereby canceling the Bowl - that would literally rock the country to its core. It'd be like a ? Atomic Bomb to the country.

Lank please. I want to co-sign that and add a comment.
  • Mister B.

Lank please. I want to co-sign that and add a comment.

community.allhiphop.com/discussion/comment/7598800#Comment_7598800
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You put a lot of thought into this I see
  • Mister B.

This ? is getting close to all-out war. And the first rule of war:

Know Thy Enemy.
  • Maximus Rex
    edited December 2014

As much as I want to claim this is an brilliant idea. It isn't, as a matter of fact this strategy is common ? sense. If good ole Rex (who's nothing more the a college graduate with a Bachelor of Science degree in Legal Studies,) can come with an more efficacious means of protesting and drawing attention to an issue that would have this issue of police departments running a muck addressed not now, but RIGHT NOW, while sitting in Ethics class viewing a documentary on wealth disparity at St. John's University. The question has to asked why have Revs. Jackson, Sharpton, or somebody at the NAACP thought of the same thing. Actually, let ya boy ask this question, why haven't they the courage to do it. Personally, I have a really hard time believing that no in Jackson's camp, at the National Action Network, or the NAACP hasn't thought of this idea. Hell, not even the NOI has proposed this and this type of action would be something that would be right up Farrakhan's alley.

Nothing can negate NOI's complicity in the murder of the Honorable Al-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz, however, if Farrakhan would call for protest that would involve the tactic of utilizing economic civil disobedience, then people like me who don't necessarily have the best view of the Nation of Islam, would have to begin to re-evaluate our view the NOI and particularly the Brother Minister because he said out of his own mouth that help fan the flames that lead to Malcolm's murder.

This ? is getting close to all-out war. And the first rule of war:

Know Thy Enemy.

That's why this strategy needs to be implemented and we need to get away from these empty ass protests, (two of which are happening today in D.C. and Washington Square Park in NYC.) If we don't force our elected officials, (everybody down from President Obama to the mayor of your town,) to address and provide viable solutions to ending the brutality and corruption that going on in police and sheriff's departments across America, then it's inevitable that a riot is going to pop off some where in America, and when it does pop off it's going to make the Rodney King and the riots that popped in the 60's look like a 5 year old's birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese.

• kingblaze84
    edited December 2014

I don't think a million man protest can be done at the Super Bowl, as much as Black people and many others are angry at how America no longer has a justice system of any kind. America's police state probably wouldn't allow it. But you never know, we just gotta keep the heat on this issue to make sure people don't forget about it. As long as people don't forget the fuckery that's going on, there's hope. 25 K people showed up in protests in NYC alone, and shutting down highways and roads is a good step as far as economic boycotts, but I agree it's time to ramp it up. We're being too ? soft dealing with these crooked ass cops and politicians. A shame people in Ferguson and even Berkley, California are going harder then people in big ass NYC

• Maximus Rex
    Bump in light of recent events.
  • kingblaze84
    We already know the cops who shot Alton Sterling and Philando will get away with it. The question is how soon.

And people wonder why Micah Xavier is seen as a hero to so many.
  • beneath the surface
    beneath the surface Members Posts: 11
    I live in the UK and it's sad and in ways embrassing ... like it was said at top of the fourm MLK was called soft by a lot of people imagine if he was here now. I'm not advocating violence but dam in UK if black people was getting killed like that by poilce this country would burn .. I know it's more to it and looking from outside in its foggy but instead of all this in fighting u need to fight for your rights type ?
  • beneath the surface
    beneath the surface Members Posts: 11
    I got family in your country and I b scared for them if it was jews people getting killed all time on some racist ? what u think would happen
  • kingblaze84
    I live in the UK and it's sad and in ways embrassing ... like it was said at top of the fourm MLK was called soft by a lot of people imagine if he was here now. I'm not advocating violence but dam in UK if black people was getting killed like that by poilce this country would burn .. I know it's more to it and looking from outside in its foggy but instead of all this in fighting u need to fight for your rights type ?

People are fighting back now, and if the cops still want to act like ? , then there's gonna be more problems for them down the line. The riots in France and Britain were SERIOUS when cops were ? with minorities there, if the cops and weak ass justice system keep up this fuckery, then more Micah Johnsons will be born. Simple as that.