Breaking News: Floyd Mayweather Breaks Silence Calling Out Manny Pacquiao For May 2nd Fight! [Video]

Options

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    804 wrote: »
    This fight only matters if Pac wins. If Mayweather wins, it's not going to have much significance because people will just point out that Pac is not the fighter he was when people first asked for this fight. Which is something people have been pointing about how he chooses opponents for some time.

What does this really mean? The fight is going to do stupid numbers, so how won't it matter either way?

Who cares about the numbers? I ain't getting paid so how many tickets sold means nothing to me. I'm talking about the significance of the fight. It selling a billion tickets won't make it a meaningful or even interesting fight.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wall wrote: »
    This ? is NOT breaking news. This is only breaking news to casual fans who DKSAB (don't know ? about boxing). The ? fans talk about this ? in the boxing thread bruh's. New threads don't get made everytime someone says something. Smh.

*takes this as an Ortiz headbutt and I raise you with a left hook straight right from Mayweather*

When a hipster post in a online forum
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    This ? is NOT breaking news. This is only breaking news to casual fans who DKSAB (don't know ? about boxing). The ? fans talk about this ? in the boxing thread bruh's. New threads don't get made everytime someone says something. Smh.

*takes this as an Ortiz headbutt and I raise you with a left hook straight right from Mayweather*

Yea I know that thread, the thread where everyone cries about casual fans and nobody knows ? about boxing but in reality everyone in that thread will get knocked the ? out, I grew up on boxing but because I don't stay home every Friday night and watch Friday night fights that makes me casual and I don't know ? about boxing? FOH go back to your circle ? in the boxing thread if you don't like it, nobody wants to hear you ? and moaning in here

@‌wall
    after you pay me back my stack you lost me.....we can jump this ? .

he need that 2pac elevator quad studio type discipline
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    Options
    I guess Floyd got you all on again. He had about 4 stipulations in that speech and they have not even discussed the contract. Please, this fight will never happen and Floyd folks will quote this video as evidence that he did not duck Manny. Like others have said wake me up when the contract is signed, better yet wake me up when they are in the same ring together. This fight may break records though, biggest ring size ever and Manny required to literary wear pillows on his hands.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea I know that thread, the thread where everyone cries about casual fans and nobody knows ? about boxing but in reality everyone in that thread will get knocked the ? out, I grew up on boxing but because I don't stay home every Friday night and watch Friday night fights that makes me casual and I don't know ? about boxing? FOH go back to your circle ? in the boxing thread if you don't like it, nobody wants to hear you ? and moaning in here

Kind of like what you just came in and did, right? FOH thinking you the only ? grew up on boxing and won't get his ? ' chin pushed in between his shoulder blades. Have you looking like a pez dispenser out chea. Only thing you knocking the ? out is that line of product you have to box up before you leave work for the day. You step on ants and they military press you the ? off.
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Mayweather gonna body him. Pacquaio has problems against counter punchers.

And if I were Mayweather my price would be b/w $350 mil to $600 mil (AT LEAST $250 mil). ? given the anticipation of this fight he might be able to get a billion dollars even...... They prolly won't give him that tho, ? I don't even think Manny is worth 40 mil SMMFH. If Floyd got 77 mil from his Maidana fight then I dont see why 250 mil wouldnt be in the cards.....

Not gonna hold my breath for this one tho. Floyd sounded like he was selling a proposition shouting out Showtime and all them. I really do believe this will go down tho.
    lol those numbers you pulling are insane lol 600 mil will never be given to a fighter.
    and if the revenue was that high theres no way anyone would allow themselves to take such a small ? and let him bank all the ppv and gate revenue lol
    they'd be better off on their own.
    this fight at this point would probably do floyd vs alvarez numbers nothing more
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    I can distincly remember almost every serious hit Flod has ever taken.

1 vs De la Hoya, one SERIOUS hit vs Cotto that stagered the ? outta him.
    Then a couple vs Maidana. If you put it on a graph it'd coincide with his age. Father time HAS to catch up eventually. IJS I hope he wins and takes no shots, but what im sayin is the exact fears his pops said a few yrs ago about Pac

? how going to say u remember all that ? vividly

but u not going to mention those 2 right hands he took from mosley

causal ass ?

Eat a ? .

Like i said, almost, so add the Mosley punches and it fits along the timeline. Floyd has been gettin hit more as time goes on...with high level fighters

Lol he's a professional boxer. What the ? do you think is supposed to happen, when the guy in front of you has been professionally trained to punch you in the face for the last 10-20 years. You're bound to get rocked a a dozens of time over the course of your career. Corley buzzed Floyd, and Mosley, but that's about it really.

Why cant nggas take emotion out the equation when talkin about floyd? Lol

He's getting hit with more flush shots he ages. Thats it! Not necessarily in quantity, but quality. Evident by his face actually gettin puffy vs Maidana which we hardly if ever see

This is not an anti-floyd debate, its facts. Him getting hit more is still less than anybody out
    around these parts people are silly enough to believe that floyds face has been getting touched more since the cotto fight because he wants it to be in order to please the fans......
    and the sad part is people are stupid enough to believe this
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    neither one of these clowns tricking me with this ? again

they both past their primes...5 years ago this would have been epic
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

[Yea I know that thread, the thread where everyone cries about casual fans and nobody knows ? about boxing but in reality everyone in that thread will get knocked the ? out, I grew up on boxing but because I don't stay home every Friday night and watch Friday night fights that makes me casual and I don't know ? about boxing? FOH go back to your circle ? in the boxing thread if you don't like it, nobody wants to hear you ? and moaning in here

exactly_large.gif

This ngga really said 'DKSAB'. Man, what? Lmao
  • getchamoneyrigh
    Options
    article-2555070-1B52CC0200000578-648_634x356.jpg

Here is Manny already training for the Floyd fight.
  • S2J
    Options
    Love mayweather to death but how anyone can confiedently say mayweather will 'body' pacquiao is beyond me.

Especially seeing him take shots and basically look like he was gon lose early on vs Maidana in the first fight. Maidana is no Pacquiao

Without a doubt Mayweather is,the better technical fighter, but he OBVIOUSLY respects Pac's power, so Pac would probably win early rounds ala maidana 1.

I think Floyd would win, but this would be a good ass, and dangerous, fight

Pac has looked average over the course of the last idk how many fights aside from the fight he got ko'd in, he hasnt had a knock out since cotto and.. maidana is more dangerous opponent than pac is.. but pac has fist too.. with that
    said it won't even be close

Doesnt matter what he looks like, bc this is no longer a legacy fight due to Pac's losses, and no one would quesrion who's the better boxer. Pac dont gotta be a better BOXER to beat Floyd or to rough him up

Pac in that sense ia like Mayorga in the golden era. Sure he lost to some greats and racked up a lot of L's, but nggas feared him bc he was a wildcard and no easy out, hence he beat Vernon Forest and Vargas

Ohhhh ? let me slow down! I might KSAB, ASAP ttyl NH!
  • S2J
    Options
    Mini golden era to be specific, De la Hoya, Trinidad, etc
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LMAO! This guy don't know ? about boxing...comparing Manny to Mayorga... WTF??!?!?!?!?!
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess Floyd got you all on again. He had about 4 stipulations in that speech and they have not even discussed the contract. Please, this fight will never happen and Floyd folks will quote this video as evidence that he did not duck Manny. Like others have said wake me up when the contract is signed, better yet wake me up when they are in the same ring together. This fight may break records though, biggest ring size ever and Manny required to literary wear pillows on his hands.

They are discussing the contract behind the scenes and they are both to blame
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hey can't be both to blame cuz the A side dictates the B side takes it ...unless the A side demands are too ridiculous.... From what I have heard Floyd's demands are respectable given the circumstances
  • S2J
    Options
    LMAO! This guy don't know ? about boxing...comparing Manny to Mayorga... WTF??!?!?!?!?!

? DKSAB!

Look at you caterin to yo nggas for approval.

Only from the pov of a dangerous fighter who can beat a better boxer due to his tenacity and punch power, what part dont you comprehend. You fuking decoder ring groupthink nggas need to play in traffic i swear
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? DKSAB!

Only from the pov of a dangerous fighter who can beat a better boxer due to his tenacity and punch power, what part dont you comprehend. You fuking decoder ring groupthink nggas need to play in traffic i swear

You clearly don't know ? about boxing. Pacquiao is levels above Mayorga in terms of EVERYTHING and this is coming from someone who isn't a Pacquiao fan. Stay in your casual lane and don't speak about boxing as if you know the sport. Keep making threads for casuals

• getchamoneyrigh
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

They are discussing the contract behind the scenes and they are both to blame

You have a source? I know that Arum said he is discussing with HBO AND Shotime but it sounds like Floyd isn't from his video.

Hey can't be both to blame cuz the A side dictates the B side takes it ...unless the A side demands are too ridiculous.... From what I have heard Floyd's demands are respectable given the circumstances

What have you heard?
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Love mayweather to death but how anyone can confiedently say mayweather will 'body' pacquiao is beyond me.

Especially seeing him take shots and basically look like he was gon lose early on vs Maidana in the first fight. Maidana is no Pacquiao

Without a doubt Mayweather is,the better technical fighter, but he OBVIOUSLY respects Pac's power, so Pac would probably win early rounds ala maidana 1.

Pac has looked average over the course of the last idk how many fights aside from the fight he got ko'd in, he hasnt had a knock out since cotto and.. maidana is more dangerous opponent than pac is.. but pac has fist too.. with that

Doesnt matter what he looks like, bc this is no longer a legacy fight due to Pac's losses, and no one would quesrion who's the better boxer. Pac dont gotta be a better BOXER to beat Floyd or to rough him up

Pac in that sense ia like Mayorga in the golden era. Sure he lost to some greats and racked up a lot of L's, but nggas feared him bc he was a wildcard and no easy out, hence he beat Vernon Forest and Vargas

Uhh...what? BTW, how you on here mad at folks that actually follow the sport? We wack because it ain't hard to see that you're trying to speak on something you know little to nothing about. You can't explain any of the technical nuances of boxing, and you don't watch enough boxing for your "expert" opinion to even be considered acceptable. FOH
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    @S2J

yo on some real ? , don't try to make this out into a ? vs casual boxing thing, cause its not we just discussing what floyd said and most of ppl that follow boxing know that this interview don't mean nothing

but ? for real you can't be coming in here and start making these bold ass statements talking bout I distinctly remember every major hit that floyd took like you a boxing historian or some ? , but you didn't even name one of the biggest if not the biggest shots he took which were those right hands from mosley

you don't have to b in the boxing thread every friday night/saturday night to b a fan and you know that

I have friends who dont know nothing about boxing besides pacquiao and mayweather, but they don't b talking ? like that

and then u gon compare pacquiao to mayorga lol?

? thats like comparing an advil tablet to a cyanide pill

anyone can comment on any sport including boxing, but damn ? u making statements like that, yo ass gon get cut up lol
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    thought i drop this in here

Rogertshirt.jpg
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if a ? is at the end of his career and then final starts to get touched......can we really talk about him?
  • S2J
    edited December 2014
    Options

? DKSAB!

You clearly don't know ? about boxing. Pacquiao is levels above Mayorga in terms of EVERYTHING and this is coming from someone who isn't a Pacquiao fan. Stay in your casual lane and don't speak about boxing as if you know the sport. Keep making threads for casuals

Uhh...what? BTW, how you on here mad at folks that actually follow the sport? We wack because it ain't hard to see that you're trying to speak on something you know little to nothing about. You can't explain any of the technical nuances of boxing, and you don't watch enough boxing for your "expert" opinion to even be considered acceptable. FOH
    @S2J

yo on some real ? , don't try to make this out into a ? vs casual boxing thing, cause its not we just discussing what floyd said and most of ppl that follow boxing know that this interview don't mean nothing

but ? for real you can't be coming in here and start making these bold ass statements talking bout I distinctly remember every major hit that floyd took like you a boxing historian or some ? , but you didn't even name one of the biggest if not the biggest shots he took which were those right hands from mosley

you don't have to b in the boxing thread every friday night/saturday night to b a fan and you know that

I have friends who dont know nothing about boxing besides pacquiao and mayweather, but they don't b talking ? like that

and then u gon compare pacquiao to mayorga lol?

? thats like comparing an advil tablet to a cyanide pill

anyone can comment on any sport including boxing, but damn ? u making statements like that, yo ass gon get cut up lol

Oh forreal...

Anyway, like i said, Pacquaio as a threat to Mayweather is reminisicent to Mayorga's threat to better fighters in the 90s/2000s. ...

Thats not a comparison of who's better, Mayorga or Pacquiao. Thats not saying Mayorga was as good as Pacquiao. Thats sayng they have the same 'idk about that ngga, i'd rather not fight him' factor, even though they are not considered better boxers than the opponent in question. Mayweather Sr said as much a few years ago. They didnt want no parts of Pacquiao. Im insulted i have to explain all this.

Mind you, this is in response to a comment that this 'wouldnt even be a close fight' to which everyone co-signed. So clearly yall agree Pac is not in Mayweather's class. Well Mayorga was not in the class of some fighters he beat and gave a tough time, also. What is so difficult to digest about what i just said.

So any other commentary yall make outside of that 1 point is a reach to propel that 'we havent seen you here before, we're the real fans here!" corny ? yall do.