Breaking News: Floyd Mayweather Breaks Silence Calling Out Manny Pacquiao For May 2nd Fight! [Video]

Options

Comments

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bob Arum ? it up again. LLS

Arum and De La Hoya on May 2: That’s Canelo Alvarez’s date

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/370247-bob-arum-on-may-2-thats-canelo-alvarezs-date

• Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/370247-bob-arum-on-may-2-thats-canelo-alvarezs-date
    Bruh, Arum has never wanted Pacquiao to fight Floyd. In that statement he failed to mentioned that his own fighters have fought on Cinco de Mayo weekend before, namely Pacquiao himself. Now it's disrespectful all of a sudden? Plus, why is this man worried about Canelo? Last I checked Pacquiao was signed to TopRank, not Canelo. Smh.
  • Mastery
    Options

Bruh, Arum has never wanted Pacquiao to fight Floyd. In that statement he failed to mentioned that his own fighters have fought on Cinco de Mayo weekend before, namely Pacquiao himself. Now it's disrespectful all of a sudden? Plus, why is this man worried about Canelo? Last I checked Pacquiao was signed to TopRank, not Canelo. Smh.
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    Options

You say Arum ? it up. But this date and fight were set months ago. Floyd can fight on another date can't he? See this is where that video is ? . Floyd running his month laying out stipulations that are not going to met so that people like you say " see told yall Floyd aint duckin".
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol Mayorga...
  • Mastery
    Options
    You say Arum ? it up. But this date and fight were set months ago. Floyd can fight on another date can't he? See this is where that video is ? . Floyd running his month laying out stipulations that are not going to met so that people like you say " see told yall Floyd aint duckin".

What fight was set months ago? Canelo has no fight set ? . He is trying to make a fight, that's all. ? that video, only ? like you put stock into that ? . Floyd just saying what he been saying for years but this time in video form. Last time I checked Pacquiao lays out stipulations to all his B side opponents as well. Nothing new here.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Everybody as blame...

but this will be the biggest money fight ever... Canelo and Cotto will have to step aside for history.

Thats if it happens im not convinced.. athough this has been the strongest Money has ever been on the fight none of that talking out of two sides ? hes done..

The ball is in there court

If Manny's ? ass steps up and speaks for himself we will have a fight but if he continues to be a boy in America and a King in the Phillippines.. then that will be one of the reasons this fight doesnt happen
  • D. Morgan
    Options

How that fight set when Canelo supposedly is the only one to sign yet his promoter said no rush and Cotto hasn't said ? ?

Explain that to me

Why would Floyd move his fight the biggest fight in all of ? boxing to accomodate 2 fighters he already beat?

You make no sense and your post really didn't even deserve a response.

• D. Morgan
    Options
    Wall wrote: »

You don't have to tell me. There has been some ? on both sides but this ? right here.

The bold is just amazing when you think about the ? arum is trying to pull and how the media will eat that ? up and everyone will blame Floyd again. Yet never call arum out on his ? .

Can you believe this dude just asked why can't Floyd move his date?

Arum pulls bs and the people blaming Floyd is already starting.
  • getchamoneyrigh
    getchamoneyrigh Members Posts: 506
    edited December 2014
    Options

What fight was set months ago? Canelo has no fight set ? . He is trying to make a fight, that's all. ? that video, only ? like you put stock into that ? . Floyd just saying what he been saying for years but this time in video form. Last time I checked Pacquiao lays out stipulations to all his B side opponents as well. Nothing new here.

Yeah, your right I thought it was set in early November. Well whatever then Arum needs to shut it and get the deal signed on whatever day. Pac is not a B side opponent though. Please tell me you are going to call Mayweather on his BS when he requests 70-30 and 20 oz sparring gloves.

We shall see, I do not believe this fight is going to happen. I am done commenting on it until contracts are signed. They could get this ? ironed out by Friday if both sides were serious.
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    LMAO! This guy don't know ? about boxing...comparing Manny to Mayorga... WTF??!?!?!?!?!

? DKSAB!

Look at you caterin to yo nggas for approval.

Only from the pov of a dangerous fighter who can beat a better boxer due to his tenacity and punch power, what part dont you comprehend. You fuking decoder ring groupthink nggas need to play in traffic i swear

You clearly don't know ? about boxing. Pacquiao is levels above Mayorga in terms of EVERYTHING and this is coming from someone who isn't a Pacquiao fan. Stay in your casual lane and don't speak about boxing as if you know the sport. Keep making threads for casuals
    804 wrote: »
    Love mayweather to death but how anyone can confiedently say mayweather will 'body' pacquiao is beyond me.

Especially seeing him take shots and basically look like he was gon lose early on vs Maidana in the first fight. Maidana is no Pacquiao

Without a doubt Mayweather is,the better technical fighter, but he OBVIOUSLY respects Pac's power, so Pac would probably win early rounds ala maidana 1.

I think Floyd would win, but this would be a good ass, and dangerous, fight

Pac has looked average over the course of the last idk how many fights aside from the fight he got ko'd in, he hasnt had a knock out since cotto and.. maidana is more dangerous opponent than pac is.. but pac has fist too.. with that
    said it won't even be close

Doesnt matter what he looks like, bc this is no longer a legacy fight due to Pac's losses, and no one would quesrion who's the better boxer. Pac dont gotta be a better BOXER to beat Floyd or to rough him up

Pac in that sense ia like Mayorga in the golden era. Sure he lost to some greats and racked up a lot of L's, but nggas feared him bc he was a wildcard and no easy out, hence he beat Vernon Forest and Vargas

Ohhhh ? let me slow down! I might KSAB, ASAP ttyl NH!

Uhh...what? BTW, how you on here mad at folks that actually follow the sport? We wack because it ain't hard to see that you're trying to speak on something you know little to nothing about. You can't explain any of the technical nuances of boxing, and you don't watch enough boxing for your "expert" opinion to even be considered acceptable. FOH
    @S2J

yo on some real ? , don't try to make this out into a ? vs casual boxing thing, cause its not we just discussing what floyd said and most of ppl that follow boxing know that this interview don't mean nothing

but ? for real you can't be coming in here and start making these bold ass statements talking bout I distinctly remember every major hit that floyd took like you a boxing historian or some ? , but you didn't even name one of the biggest if not the biggest shots he took which were those right hands from mosley

you don't have to b in the boxing thread every friday night/saturday night to b a fan and you know that

I have friends who dont know nothing about boxing besides pacquiao and mayweather, but they don't b talking ? like that

and then u gon compare pacquiao to mayorga lol?

? thats like comparing an advil tablet to a cyanide pill

anyone can comment on any sport including boxing, but damn ? u making statements like that, yo ass gon get cut up lol

Oh forreal...

Anyway, like i said, Pacquaio as a threat to Mayweather is reminisicent to Mayorga's threat to better fighters in the 90s/2000s. ...

Thats not a comparison of who's better, Mayorga or Pacquiao. Thats not saying Mayorga was as good as Pacquiao. Thats sayng they have the same 'idk about that ngga, i'd rather not fight him' factor, even though they are not considered better boxers than the opponent in question. Mayweather Sr said as much a few years ago. They didnt want no parts of Pacquiao. Im insulted i have to explain all this.

Mind you, this is in response to a comment that this 'wouldnt even be a close fight' to which everyone co-signed. So clearly yall agree Pac is not in Mayweather's class. Well Mayorga was not in the class of some fighters he beat and gave a tough time, also. What is so difficult to digest about what i just said.

So any other commentary yall make outside of that 1 point is a reach to propel that 'we havent seen you here before, we're the real fans here!" corny ? yall do.

Yea I dont agree on that

Mayorga was a wild, entertaining caveman type of fighter that was aggressive and can punch

but pacquiao is a whole different story

see with mayorga even tho he beat vernon forrest twice, he still didn't have the hype of pacquiao

a smaller phillipino guy who was coming up in weight and not just beating ? but straight destroying them

you can't compare the hype of mayorga who was the WBA/WBC Champion and the former WBC Light Middleweight Champion

to the 8-time champion Pacquiao, who im not even a fan of but I gotta respect his will and determination

then pacquiao whupped De La Hoya, and Destroyed Hatton, then ? Up Cotto (All questionable wins considering the circumstances of what part of their career these figthers were in)

My ? just take this L

• nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You don't have to tell me. There has been some ? on both sides but this ? right here.

The bold is just amazing when you think about the ? arum is trying to pull and how the media will eat that ? up and everyone will blame Floyd again. Yet never call arum out on his ? .

arum promotes cotto lol he has to do with the date because cotto is fighting alvarez
  • nycest_1
    Options

How that fight set when Canelo supposedly is the only one to sign yet his promoter said no rush and Cotto hasn't said ? ?

Explain that to me

Why would Floyd move his fight the biggest fight in all of ? boxing to accomodate 2 fighters he already beat?

alvarez announced he wanted to fight on that date before floyds last fight when the date was open
  • Mastery
    Options
    Yeah, your right I thought it was set in early November. Well whatever then Arum needs to shut it and get the deal signed on whatever day. Pac is not a B side opponent though. Please tell me you are going to call Mayweather on his BS when he requests 70-30 and 20 oz sparring gloves.

We shall see, I do not believe this fight is going to happen. I am done commenting on it until contracts are signed. They could get this ? ironed out by Friday if both sides were serious.
    Bruh, in this equation Pac is clearly the B side. That's not even up for debate. As far as Floyd's demands, I think 70/30 is fair considering how many PPV's Pac been selling as of late.
  • playmaker88
    Options
    60/40 to the winner that how it should be.
  • D. Morgan
    Options
    nycest_1 wrote: »

arum promotes cotto lol he has to do with the date because cotto is fighting alvarez

Actually Arum doesn't promote Cotto. Cotto is a free agent who is using Todd DeBeof to negotiate the fight not even Arum on a fight by fight basis. So anytime he wants Cotto can use any promoter he feels like.
  • D. Morgan
    Options

Explain that to me

alvarez announced he wanted to fight on that date before floyds last fight when the date was open

Who gives a ? what Canelo announced cause the fact remains he lost his chance to dictate anything as far as Floyd is concerned when they fought and he lost basically every round.

The date was never really open as long as Floyd planned on fighting again which was known that he would.
  • nycest_1
    Options

Explain that to me

Who gives a ? what Canelo announced cause the fact remains he lost his chance to dictate anything as far as Floyd is concerned when they fought and he lost basically every round.

The date was never really open as long as Floyd planned on fighting again which was known that he would.

but he isn't dictating anything in terms of floyd. he chose a date thats catered to his people. floyd is a proven draw, he can fight anytime and make money. so he shouldnt try to steal a date someone claimed before him
    don't come with that why would he move the biggest fight in boxing ? because this fight is 5 years to late, whats another month gonna hurt?
  • D. Morgan
    edited December 2014
    Options

Explain that to me

but he isn't dictating anything in terms of floyd. he chose a date thats catered to his people. floyd is a proven draw, he can fight anytime and make money. so he shouldnt try to steal a date someone claimed before him
    don't come with that why would he move the biggest fight in boxing ? because this fight is 5 years to late, whats another month gonna hurt?

He is trying to dictate by even claiming that date when for the past few yeard Floyd has fought on that date. What has Canelo done in boxing to even be on that stage?

I agree the fight is way passed when it would have been at its best but you can't tell me that its still not the biggest fight in boxing.
  • Mastery
    Options

Arum does not promote Cotto. Cotto BEEN out that contract.
  • nycest_1
    Options

Explain that to me

He is trying to dictate by even claiming that date when for the past few yeard Floyd has fought on that date. What has Canelo done in boxing to even be on that stage?

I agree the fight is why past when it would have been at its best but you can't tell me that its still not the biggest fight in boxing.

it probably still is, the issue is if they waited all this time they can wait longer
    and there should be no problems with a mexican fighter (the biggest current mexican draw) wanting to fight on a mexican holiday.
    its only logical and a formula thats been used for years.
    the date shouldnt be so important to floyd, he isnt mexican
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J P4P list

Mayorga
    Mayorga
    Mayorga
    Mayorga
  • playmaker88
    Options
    S2J P4P list

Mayorga
    Mayorga
    Mayorga
    Mayorga
    dylan-shock.gif
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Explain that to me

I agree the fight is why past when it would have been at its best but you can't tell me that its still not the biggest fight in boxing.

it probably still is, the issue is if they waited all this time they can wait longer
    and there should be no problems with a mexican fighter (the biggest current mexican draw) wanting to fight on a mexican holiday.

Mexicans got 2 holidays.. is Arum gonna ? about the September one 2?
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Explain that to me

Floyd been fighting on or around cinco de mayo for years though..