'Money & Violence' (webisode)....Brooklyn's version of 'The Wire' (Updated with SEASON FINALE)

Comments

• MiamiNights
    MiamiNights Members Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trillfate wrote: »
    I know I'm late, but this ? is pretty good.

The production value, editing, dialogue, and acting can all be down right terrible at times. Because of that I didn't even think I'd be able to get through the first episode. But the characters and overall story is good so it starts to pull you in after a while.
    pls believe thats actually the allure of the whole show for some.
    i used to produce and direct a hip hop tv show locally on comcast and all we had was a ? handicam.. the quality was trash but the content was dope for what it was

ppl would be Amazed at how so-and-so ended up on such a poorly presented program.. we had the Perfect combo of hood/hollywood and viewers ate it up
    2j0e32q.jpg
    i think the worst thing Rafe can do is hire a big budget camera crew and a bunch of writers.. he should keep it gully for now

Yep pretty much how Juvenile - Ha video was no fancy camera production but it was the rawness of the video that made people like it
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GOAT drop. Can't stop watching these
  • ibestrokin
    ibestrokin Members Posts: 452 ✭✭✭
    G.Avant wrote: »
    These ? cant afford to wait longer than a month to start the new season. This ? will be forgotten so quick.

i got to agree with this ? . i love the show but without promotion them ? gone fade into black like jay. this is a webseries not tv so this ? gots to pop quicker than the network shows
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015

The production value, editing, dialogue, and acting can all be down right terrible at times. Because of that I didn't even think I'd be able to get through the first episode. But the characters and overall story is good so it starts to pull you in after a while.
    i used to produce and direct a hip hop tv show locally on comcast and all we had was a ? handicam.. the quality was trash but the content was dope for what it was

ppl would be Amazed at how so-and-so ended up on such a poorly presented program.. we had the Perfect combo of hood/hollywood and viewers ate it up
    2j0e32q.jpg
    i think the worst thing Rafe can do is hire a big budget camera crew and a bunch of writers.. he should keep it gully for now

I don't have a problem with it looking raw. That's not really the part of the production I think is bad. I think the way things are cut together is horrible at times. It's not just a matter of looking raw. It hurts the quality. The dialog is my biggest problem at times. Like there was that conversation where they were first planning the big heist and Miz asked the dude about how he found out about the mark. The convo went something like:

Miz: You how you know this guy?
    Other Guy: He's my man.
    Miz: Is he trustworthy?
    OG: What you mean?
    Miz: Can he be trusted?
    OG: Huh?
    Miz: How do you know he won't rat?

There have been like three exchanges like that, and that ? is horrible. lol

I wouldn't mind seeing dude sell it to a larger company. Like imagine if HBO took it and ran with it. I wouldn't say it would be on the level of the Wire, but it was would be good.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Mista gon get shot like "Ohhhhhhh"

^^^^^
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cats need to figure out how to monetize their own narrative instead of selling it to outsiders who will with out a doubt dilute it.
  • The Lonious Monk
    cats need to figure out how to monetize their own narrative instead of selling it to outsiders who will with out a doubt dilute it.

I'm not really sure what you mean by that. Your narrative is worthless unless you have a way of putting it out there. That's what they are already doing through youtube and I'm sure they are eating off that a little. If they want continue to climb the ladder they are going to have to work with people with more resources. Nothing wrong with selling it. If they scared of it being diluted, they can work it out so they stay on part of the writing staff just like the guy behind the Wire.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited March 2015
    From what Moe (Rafe) says in interviews he aint gonna give his ? to outsiders nor should he.
    they put the ? on youtube and their site and we all loved it. why give it to outsiders?
    cats be too quick to give away everything for a few bucks.

To make more money, reach more people, better realize his vision, etc...

If he wants to keep it to himself, that's fine and I can respect it, but acting like there aren't benefits to selling the story is silly. It ain't even like the story is some unique thing that must be held tight with an iron grip.

Edit: He also didn't say that he ain't giving it to outsiders. He said that he's waiting to get the biggest venue possible and will have to maintain creative control which is the same thing I said.
  • The Lonious Monk
    whatever ? ... go watch Empire...

Lol I rather watch the HBO version of this ? . Luckily for us dude is smarter than you and we may get that one day.
  • Meta_Conscious

Lol I rather watch the HBO version of this ? . Luckily for us dude is smarter than you and we may get that one day.

what does anyones intelligence have to do with ? ?
    eat a ? lil guy.
  • The Lonious Monk

what does anyones intelligence have to do with ? ?
    eat a ? lil guy.

His idea for what he plans to do with his story is more intelligent than the silly ass ? you're saying. Understand, or was that too much for you?
  • Meta_Conscious
    shut up and enjoy the ? ? . if u want higher production value go watch Gossip Girl.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    I hate when people complain about the production. The grittiness is what makes the show great and realistic. Go watch "Power" and wait for the new season, but until then JETS.
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited March 2015
    Who's complaining about the production? Dude is just rambling mindlessly. That said, dude behind the show himself said the production sucks and that he wants it to get better. The grittiness has more to do with how its filmed than the overall production. Horrible editing and dialog have nothing to do with the grittiness, and the show would improve as those things improve. Hell, it has improved over the course of the show. It's actually pretty impressive. None of the people involved with the show had done any directing, production, editing, or even acting before the show.
  • The Lonious Monk

The production value, editing, dialogue, and acting can all be down right terrible at times.
    Who's complaining about the production? Dude is just rambling mindlessly.

you don't respect your posts... ohhh

So, we just pulling posts out of context so that we can feel like we made a point now? lol I clearly said the show was good in that post. Acknowledging that it has weaknesses is not complaining. Only dickriding fanboys feel the need to act like something is infallible just because they like it.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate when people complain about the production. The grittiness is what makes the show great and realistic. Go watch "Power" and wait for the new season, but until then JETS.
    Power is dope
  • bkzlostchild
    bkzlostchild Members Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭

2j0e32q.jpg

I don't have a problem with it looking raw. That's not really the part of the production I think is bad. I think the way things are cut together is horrible at times. It's not just a matter of looking raw. It hurts the quality. The dialog is my biggest problem at times. Like there was that conversation where they were first planning the big heist and Miz asked the dude about how he found out about the mark. The convo went something like:

I wouldn't mind seeing dude sell it to a larger company. Like imagine if HBO took it and ran with it. I wouldn't say it would be on the level of the Wire, but it was would be good.

Thats how we talk here...If it any different, its not authentic
  • The Lonious Monk

2j0e32q.jpg

Thats how we talk here...If it any different, its not authentic

Are you serious? Ya'll routinely have conversations where you say the same exact thing in three different ways? I just thought it was bad dialog. I didn't even consider that it might be authentic.
  • bkzlostchild
    bkzlostchild Members Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭
  • The Lonious Monk
    lol That's crazy. And ya'll ? call Southern people slow...
This discussion has been closed.