SMDH: Faux News Deceptively Edits ‘Dead Cops’ Chant Together With Al Sharpton Speech

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2014 in For The Grown & Sexy
inquisitr.com/1679111/fox-news-deceptively-edits-dead-cops-chant-together-with-al-sharpton-speech/
Fox News Deceptively Edits ‘Dead Cops’ Chant Together With Al Sharpton Speech

Fox News was caught deceptively editing a chant calling for dead cops into a speech by Rev. Al Sharpton, making it seem as if demonstrators were advocating murder against police officers.

The segment was aired on the morning show Fox & Friends, which showed a clip of some protesters in Manhattan chanting “What do we want? Dead cops! When do we want it? Now!” The video then immediately cut to Sharpton leading a rally, making it seem as if Sharpton was leading the calls to ? police officers.

“We’re not saying all police are bad. We’re not even saying most are bad,” Sharpton said in the speech. “We’re not anti-police, but we’re anti-brutality. And the federal government must have a threshold to protect that.”

The tricky editing was picked up by many news outlets, which noted that the two clips were taken at different times of day and were clearly not related, despite the efforts by Fox News to tie them together.

The members of the Fox News show also appeared to tie the two events together.

“What they were doing was making this into a racial issue,” said co-host Tucker Carlson. “What I don’t think this is about is race, I don’t think these are examples of racism. And I think it’s totally unhelpful to make this a conversation about white vs. black. And it’s ridiculous to have it led by Al Sharpton who has zero credibility at all, he’s a hustler, and I think a criminal.”

Al Sharpton has been a leader in nationwide protests against police brutality, including the deaths of Eric Garner, Michael Brown, and Tamir Rice.

“You thought you’d sweep it under the rug. You thought there’d be no limelight,” Sharpton wrote in an op-ed. “We are going to keep the light on Michael Brown, on Eric Garner, on Tamir Rice, on all of these victims because the only way — I’m sorry, I come out of the ‘hood — the only way you make roaches run, you got to cut the light on.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjaaJFPoetk

Comments

• Allah_U_Akbar
    Allah_U_Akbar Members Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Al Sharpton is a "criminal"?

Ummm... O.K.
  • Strokenoff
    Strokenoff Members Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't feed the trolls b
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ...lol I dint think ill ever stop being angry
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DTF wrote: »
    Don't feed the trolls b
    Goat Post
    ...lol I dint think ill ever stop being angry
    Yeah and we dont need no more reasons to be angry, it's about time we put that energy to good use, the other alternative to that is to let it consume you OR.. just compartmentalize it and do nothing. Just food for thought, there is no quick fix or immediate solution but the easiest thing to do is making sure your personal ? is in order.
  • The_Man
    The_Man Members Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This all ties in with my "do you trust the media" thread I made last week, they got sloppy with the editing and got caught, what about the times they succeeded, you can't trust these ? .
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    there needs to be a reckoning with faux news and its race baiting tactics and shady host

and their the leading news network in ratings which says alot about 'Merica
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Them monkeys will do/say anything to get the mass to side w/ them.....
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They over there talking about the families breaking up, but they the main ones doing it.......
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It isn't us that they have to convince with their ? .
  • Copper
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Anna Kooiman also blamed parenting in the black community for problems and her co-host said it was bc black people dont want to take personal responsibility

To be fair, cohost Anna Kooiman pointed out that she had gotten stuck in traffic during the protests in New York City, and never heard any calls for violence against police. But then she later speculated that protesters should be outraged about parenting in the black community, not police brutality.

“Where is the same outrage about the destruction of the family, and where are moms and dads in the household trying to raise kids right?” she asked. “Where’s the outrage about that? Or where’s the outrage when a police officer gets killing in the line of duty.”

Carlson later exclaimed that the reason the black community won’t take responsibility for their own problems is because “it’s too hard”.

In the clip the host explains:

It’s so much easier — and you see the president of the United States doing this exact same thing. It’s so much easier just to claim white racism is America’s biggest problem. It takes the onus off you, you don’t have to do anything about massive unemployment in the black community, about crime in the black community, about the destruction of the black family. Those are the real issues. But you get to ignore them when you blame it all on racism.

• a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    there needs to be a reckoning with faux news and its race baiting tactics and shady host

and their the leading news network in ratings which says alot about 'Merica

Not really.

Their target conservative audience isn't split with any other news cable channel

Its the fabled right wing media "bubble".

The channels and media outlets share demographics..thus ratings.

Not Fox.
    All conservatives watch and listen to is conservative news sources.

Same with radio. Which is why Rush Limbaugh has the No. 1 talk radio program in the country

• Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It’s so much easier — and you see the president of the United States doing this exact same thing. It’s so much easier just to claim white racism is America’s biggest problem. It takes the onus off you, you don’t have to do anything about massive unemployment in the black community, about crime in the black community, about the destruction of the black family. Those are the real issues. But you get to ignore them when you blame it all on racism.

Those are real issues. But she forgot to mention both how it got that way and why it stays that way.
  • Copper
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »

Those are real issues. But she forgot to mention both how it got that way and why it stays that way.

Faux news "forgets" a lot of things
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    You trying to tell me the government can't regulate this kinda ? at all? I mean I know there is a freedom of the press, but this kinda ? is dangerous.

Oh, and did ya'll catch the deflection at the end. The ? started asking about the outrage over mom's and dad's that can't raise their kids right. WTF? Fox News needs to be destroyed.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is why I barely watch the news because that half passed ? . Black families being destroyed didn't go from the 70s as the highest married people to being the lowest in the next ten years out of nowhere and coincidentally out of the 60s civil rights movement.