"Witness 40": Exposing A Fraud In Ferguson.. Update:Racist Sandra McElroy is standing by her "story"

2»

Comments

• ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smh. Didn't Charles Barkley say he agreed with the decision because two witnesses sided with Wilson. ? ass ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    Smh. Didn't Charles Barkley say he agreed with the decision because two witnesses sided with Wilson. ? ass ?

That would make him or of a dupe than a ? .
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/witness-in-michael-brown-case-raises-questions-about-grand-jury/article_4cf83e2e-5241-50ce-a3e5-0097eb9b31dc.html
    Witness 40 in Michael Brown case raises questions about grand jury proceedings

Even Sandra McElroy isn’t sure why prosecutors summoned her if they only intended to discredit her testimony.

McElroy, also known as Witness 40, has seen her story plastered all over the internet. Some news reports have gone as far as call her a key witness in the St. Louis County grand jury proceeding that declined to indict Ferguson police Officer Darren Wilson in the shooting death of Michael Brown.

McElroy’s account backed Wilson’s version of events. But it’s clear investigators doubted it from the beginning.

Now critics are pointing to her as example of how flawed the grand jury process was.

McElroy said she was searching for the home of an old friend and then wound up in the Canfield Green apartments by mistake, just before Wilson shot 18-year-old Brown.

Although McElroy said she saw the entire event unfold, she also admitted to having short-term memory problems from a head-on collision that left her with a traumatic brain injury.

And she had tried to raise money for Wilson. She had also made racist comments in her journals. Investigators said she could not have left the apartment complex in the way she described, according to transcripts of the proceedings

On Oct. 23, the grand jury heard a tape of investigators picking apart McElroy’s story and then listened to her testify in person, as prosecutors asked questions that poked additional holes in her claims.

McElroy said she knew that prosecutors were trying to discredit her. “They were trying to discredit me because of my racial slurs,” she said.

It remains unclear why McElroy was put in front of the grand jury in the first place. Her testimony took up more than 2½ hours.

Ed Magee, a spokesman for St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Robert McCulloch, did not return a phone call seeking comment.

McElroy’s testimony was cited in a Nov. 30 Post-Dispatch story, describing the many conflicting eyewitness accounts presented to the grand jury. Her identity was revealed on Monday in an article on the ”The Smoking Gun” website.

The website said it examined public records and online postings to unmask McElroy.

On Wednesday, McElroy said in an interview that she stood by her original story, but that she regretted ever coming forward.

“If I ever witness anything again, I will never come forward,” McElroy said.

She also said that she turned over three months of her journals to the FBI, along with her computer and cell phone.

McElroy’s journal entry from 8 a.m. Aug. 9 states: “Well, I’m going to take my random drive to Florisant (sic). Need to understand the Black race so I can stop calling Blacks N...”

Then in another entry that day, notated as being at 4 p.m., McElroy describes Brown charging at Wilson before Wilson shot him: “The cop just stood there dang if that kid didn’t start running right at the cop like a football player head down.”

“Have I ever used the N-word?” McElroy said Wednesday. “Yeah I have. Would I ever harm a person because of the color of her skin, no. Am I part of the KKK? No.”

According to grand jury transcripts, McElroy took five weeks to come forward with her account.

It’s not the first time McElroy has inserted herself into a national story. In 2007, as the Michael Devlin case was unfolding, she told a local news station that she had seen kidnap victim Shawn Hornbeck with Devlin years earlier and notified police.

Hornbeck was found alive in Devlin’s apartment with another kidnapped boy more than four years after his abduction.

Kirkwood Police said they investigated McElroy’s claims and that they were bogus.

Bob McCulloch has to pay someway for what he did...
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Don't they check this kinda ? out beforr

Nah cuz there are more accounts basically saying brown wasn't a threat anymore cuz he didn't charge him. Only like 4 people said he charged including wilson and this ? so why he would believe that ? but not the hands up when more say that happened....coonin
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't they check this kinda ? out beforr

Nah cuz there are more accounts basically saying brown wasn't a threat anymore cuz he didn't charge him. Only like 4 people said he charged including wilson and this ? so why he would believe that ? but not the hands up when more say that happened....coonin

You're assuming that Charles knows all the details of the case. I've been following it casually and it seems like every report I hear says something different. I'm betting Charles just listened to that explanation the DA gave, and ran with it. If you believe the DA, the decision was right.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/witness-in-michael-brown-case-raises-questions-about-grand-jury/article_4cf83e2e-5241-50ce-a3e5-0097eb9b31dc.html
    Witness 40 in Michael Brown case raises questions about grand jury proceedings

Even Sandra McElroy isn’t sure why prosecutors summoned her if they only intended to discredit her testimony.

McElroy, also known as Witness 40, has seen her story plastered all over the internet. Some news reports have gone as far as call her a key witness in the St. Louis County grand jury proceeding that declined to indict Ferguson police Officer Darren Wilson in the shooting death of Michael Brown.

McElroy’s account backed Wilson’s version of events. But it’s clear investigators doubted it from the beginning.

Now critics are pointing to her as example of how flawed the grand jury process was.

McElroy said she was searching for the home of an old friend and then wound up in the Canfield Green apartments by mistake, just before Wilson shot 18-year-old Brown.

Although McElroy said she saw the entire event unfold, she also admitted to having short-term memory problems from a head-on collision that left her with a traumatic brain injury.

And she had tried to raise money for Wilson. She had also made racist comments in her journals. Investigators said she could not have left the apartment complex in the way she described, according to transcripts of the proceedings

On Oct. 23, the grand jury heard a tape of investigators picking apart McElroy’s story and then listened to her testify in person, as prosecutors asked questions that poked additional holes in her claims.

McElroy said she knew that prosecutors were trying to discredit her. “They were trying to discredit me because of my racial slurs,” she said.

It remains unclear why McElroy was put in front of the grand jury in the first place. Her testimony took up more than 2½ hours.

Ed Magee, a spokesman for St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Robert McCulloch, did not return a phone call seeking comment.

McElroy’s testimony was cited in a Nov. 30 Post-Dispatch story, describing the many conflicting eyewitness accounts presented to the grand jury. Her identity was revealed on Monday in an article on the ”The Smoking Gun” website.

The website said it examined public records and online postings to unmask McElroy.

On Wednesday, McElroy said in an interview that she stood by her original story, but that she regretted ever coming forward.

“If I ever witness anything again, I will never come forward,” McElroy said.

She also said that she turned over three months of her journals to the FBI, along with her computer and cell phone.

McElroy’s journal entry from 8 a.m. Aug. 9 states: “Well, I’m going to take my random drive to Florisant (sic). Need to understand the Black race so I can stop calling Blacks N...”

Then in another entry that day, notated as being at 4 p.m., McElroy describes Brown charging at Wilson before Wilson shot him: “The cop just stood there dang if that kid didn’t start running right at the cop like a football player head down.”

“Have I ever used the N-word?” McElroy said Wednesday. “Yeah I have. Would I ever harm a person because of the color of her skin, no. Am I part of the KKK? No.”

According to grand jury transcripts, McElroy took five weeks to come forward with her account.

It’s not the first time McElroy has inserted herself into a national story. In 2007, as the Michael Devlin case was unfolding, she told a local news station that she had seen kidnap victim Shawn Hornbeck with Devlin years earlier and notified police.

Hornbeck was found alive in Devlin’s apartment with another kidnapped boy more than four years after his abduction.

Kirkwood Police said they investigated McElroy’s claims and that they were bogus.

Bob McCulloch has to pay someway for what he did...
    Funny thing is, the state would rather throw hundreds of thousands, hell even over a million, dollars to the families