Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2015 in From the Cheap Seats
MLB ?

Comments

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Today is the 1st day off mlb free agency.Cubs officially hired Joe Maddon yesterday

I'm predicting Pablo Sandoval goin to the Red Sox along with Max Scherzer(or the yankees) and Jon Lester signin wit the cubs.Forgot to add Cole Hamels will most likely be traded to the red sox
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cubs officially hired Joe Maddon yesterday

Never heard of him.
  • O.G.
    Options
    LOS ANGELES -- Chad Billingsley became a free agent on Friday when the Dodgers bought the right-handed pitcher out of his $14 million option for $3 million.

• DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hoping the Tigers actually revamp the bullpen and put quality guys in there. I'm bracing myself for Scherzer to leave (a very good possibility).
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's Hot Stove?
  • Beezus
    Beezus Members Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao
    Day one huh
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    Beezus wrote: »
    Lmao
    Day one huh

you such a simple ass ? ...LMAO
  • Beezus
    Beezus Members Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    Beezus wrote: »
    You right

I know ...? you think I said it for
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Options
    I don't want Scherzer, I want the Yankees to build up their ? farm system, stop trying to retool with old people every year and do this ? right.

Anybody got a list of the free agents? @Parallel mentioned Hanley...Hanley ramirez a free agent?? Didn't know that.
  • O.G.
    Options
    MillzOG wrote: »
    I don't want Scherzer, I want the Yankees to build up their ? farm system, stop trying to retool with old people every year and do this ? right.

Anybody got a list of the free agents? @Parallel mentioned Hanley...Hanley ramirez a free agent?? Didn't know that.

Dodgers can still offer him a qualifying offer for 1 year at $15.3 million. If he refuses, we get a supplemental draft pick between the first and second rounds. IMO at this point in his career he is better of being a DH in the AL. We would miss his bat but he is shaky in the field plus he is always hurt.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hanley would even be better off at 3rd if hes ready to make that switch but id rather take my chances with drew on a modest 1 year deal before paying market value for hanley aint no telling what he looking for
    O.G. wrote: »
    Dodgers can still offer him a qualifying offer for 1 year at $15.3 million. If he refuses, we get a supplemental draft pick between the first and second rounds. IMO at this point in his career he is better of being a DH in the AL. We would miss his bat but he is shaky in the field plus he is always hurt.

word

he either on dl or playing hurt
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    red sox signed uehara for 9 million a year for two years a couple days ago

he was on some kinda run but it looked like hitters were figuring him out in the second half of the season

risky move considering hes also 39
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DillaDeaf wrote: »
    I hoping the Tigers actually revamp the bullpen and put quality guys in there. I'm bracing myself for Scherzer to leave (a very good possibility).

Scherzer is as good as gone. We made an initial offer, so we can get a supplemental pick. Tigers will be better defensively with Iglesias back, so they don't need a K machine on the mound every game. I hope they go for Liriano or Edinson Volquez as a 5th Starter.

Verlander, Price, Porcello, Sanchez is still a hell of a lineup, but I'd like to deal Porcello or Price for a young CF and Pitcher, We can still win games with a decent pitcher, just better defense.

Verlander should be better than last season, a year removed from core surgery.

The bullpen needs an overhaul, but Soria will be back. Hardy,Al Al, Soria are solid. Hopefully they can get Andrew Miller.

Scherzer is either a Yankee or Red Sox.

Tori Hunter may end up in KC.

Vmart may end up with a division rival in Chicago or Cleveland. Dude wants 4 year contract for around 60 mill, let him walk.

The Giancarlo rumors are starting up again, we don't have the young pieces to get him, but damn I would flip if we got him.

Lester will be a Cub, and they may open up the wallet for Shields or Scherzer too. If true with Maddon at the helm and with the young talent they have, the North Siders will be a ? problem.

Lol at what is the Hotstove.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Who changed the thread title to Hot Seat?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    O.G. wrote: »
    Cubs officially hired Joe Maddon yesterday

Never heard of him.
    Now that Joe Maddon is managing the Cubs, Cafardo wonders if Andrew Friedman will regret sticking with Don Mattingly in Los Angeles and not making a move to bring Maddon to the Dodgers. “I think it will be a case of, ‘Why didn’t I do what the Cubs did?’ ” a baseball executive tells Cafardo. “Joe Maddon seems to be the hot manager out there and guys like that aren’t available very often. When Maddon is out there you don’t need a long, drawn-out managerial search. If you can afford him, you hire him.”

I thought it was a forgone conclusion maddon was going to the dodgers when he opted out but theo was on it
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not expecting the Astros to do anything major. Just add solid pieces.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

So you trust the current rotation wit nova,tanaka,sabathia and pinieda and another 4-5 starter? McCarthy might sign somewhere else and aint no tellin if tanakas arm will hold up he never got surgery for an injury that usually requires tommy john.I wouldn't be surprised if the yankees signed hanley ramirez to replace jeter too
  • MillzOG
    Options

So you trust the current rotation wit nova,tanaka,sabathia and pinieda and another 4-5 starter? McCarthy might sign somewhere else and aint no tellin if tanakas arm will hold up he never got surgery for an injury that usually requires tommy john.I wouldn't be surprised if the yankees signed hanley ramirez to replace jeter too

Na I don't think that rotation gets us a ring but you and I both know it also ain't the best move to continue signing ? on the backside of their career to big money, long term deals.

With Tanaka, they shouldn't have ever ? with that..he should've had that surgery the second the injury happened but ? be so stuck on a year to year success basis instead of looking at the future. Pineda showed flashes of why he was the big haul of that trade that sent out Jesus Montero (he been a scrub too).

I ain't mad at the Tanaka, Pineda, Nova trio as long as we can put some 1 year solid vets around them and hope it works while we wait for the next crop of younger free agents.
  • MillzOG
    Options
    Billfiger what's a realistic expectation for the Cubs this year with Maddon? The Rays usually succeeded with young pitching, do you got any pitchers in that farm system?!
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Billfiger what's a realistic expectation for the Cubs this year with Maddon? The Rays usually succeeded with young pitching, do you got any pitchers in that farm system?!

I'll be able to give you a better answer in january,I gotta see what moves are made 1st.

I hope to add vets like bj upton and russell martin to the line up with castro and rizzo can't rely on a bunch of rookies and next year baez,bryant and soler will be rookies(even tho soler is official) baez is the wild card and bryant is projected to be a problem like giancarlo stanton

In the minors there's 3 real solid pitchers pierce johnson,cj edwards and tso seng szu(or somethin like that) but they're all maybe 1-2 years away,in the meanwhile cubs will go after jon lester and pitchers like masterson,hammels or other cats on one year deals.Then next winter david price,possibly jeff smardizja and whoever else on the market they want.I think 2016 is the year realistically cubs will be world series contenders.
  • MillzOG
    Options
    Idk if I'd like to put a ? like BJ Upton around my young potential superstars...seems like every year he starts the season batting under .200 the first few months.

And see that's what I want the Yankees to be doing, signing a Justin Masterson or Hammels, and waiting for the other guys. I definitely think Lester's going to ya so that'd be the perfect Ace for the staff. Can't front, looks like great things in ya future.
  • MillzOG
    Options
    I don't even know why I hate Scherzer so much
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    Joe maddon introductory press conference on right now!!!! This ? is real.We're goin to the world series soon