2015 MLB Thread (Offseason Pages 1-28)

Options

Comments

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014
    Options
    MillzOG wrote: »
    Idk if I'd like to put a ? like BJ Upton around my young potential superstars...seems like every year he starts the season batting under .200 the first few months.

And see that's what I want the Yankees to be doing, signing a Justin Masterson or Hammels, and waiting for the other guys. I definitely think Lester's going to ya so that'd be the perfect Ace for the staff. Can't front, looks like great things in ya future.

Anything that gets rid of edwin jacksons garbage ass is welcome.There were talks about an upton for jackson trade in july.Braves beat writer said it possibly will be revisited this winter.Plus upton had his best years wit maddon especially in that 08 alcs.
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maddon is a funny dude, he just ordered a beer and a shot for everybody at the end of his press conference.

Cubs finally got them a real Manager even though I think Renteria got a ? on, but If I was GM of the White Sox I would've fired Ventura and hired Maddon

White Sox need to find a team who will trade for Danks, can't have 4 Lefties in the rotation the rookie Rondon should be ready to take Danks spot. A left handed hitter, I hope the stay away from Victor Martinez. He would definitely fill a need, but he 35-36 y/o
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    9TRAY_93EB wrote: »
    Maddon is a funny dude, he just ordered a beer and a shot for everybody at the end of his press conference.

Cubs finally got them a real Manager even though I think Renteria got a ? on, but If I was GM of the White Sox I would've fired Ventura and hired Maddon

White Sox need to find a team who will trade for Danks, can't have 4 Lefties in the rotation the rookie Rondon should be ready to take Danks spot. A left handed hitter, I hope the stay away from Victor Martinez. He would definitely fill a need, but he 35-36 y/o

Maddon sold me duke sounds like a politician.Can't wait til spring I aint been this hyped since before the 04 and 08 seasons

That's who they probably gonna sign I been reading the sox wanted Victor Martinez since july and garcia said martinez wants to play for the white sox and oaki from the royals is another player they'll go after

White Sox gonna spend some dough this winter it's just pale in comparison to the powa moves the cubs make
  • Angeles1son85
    Angeles1son85 Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dodgers offered hanley a one year deal
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Brian Wilson is coming back to the Dodgers.

tumblr_mc1ir8oxdu1r8nyzfo1_400.gif
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    9TRAY_93EB wrote: »

sox are goin in for Vmart. He will protect Abreau, which is scary.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    I read the yankess won't spend dough like normal it will be more modestly(for their standards at least).Re sign mccarthy and headley and maybe go after hanley ramirez

Cuz of A rod and his salary returning.
  • Ghost313
    Options
    Yankees lying their ? off. They are gonna spend.

Sandoval rejected his option.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hopefully the white sox can get vmart to sign a two year deal with a club option for a 3rd year or something but i doubt it i think he stays in detroit

all this excitement coming from the other side of the city got me feeling like will before uncle phil helped him find an apartment on the last episode of fresh prince just the same ol same ol i dont expect the white sox to be a serious bidder for the top free agents -- though -- watch how they end up with another slow lumbering power hitter who bats south of .230 and ks over 150 times

hopefully viciedo isnt the starting lf come opening day or else it will have been a sad off season for rick hahn
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll be happy if the Sox did something with the pitching staff, after Sale that ? goes downhill. How many times did the relief pitching blow wins, that ? was hard to watch.
  • ckfree
    Options
    red sox
    yankees
    giants

3 big market clubs in the market for a 3b

and a fallback 3b option off the market already since aramis mutual option was exercised by both parties the other day thats gonna drive up the bidding war for sandoval and headley
  • ckfree
    Options
    I'll be happy if the Sox did something with the pitching staff, after Sale that ? goes downhill. How many times did the relief pitching blow wins, that ? was hard to watch.

word and this ws showed its just as important who finishes the games than who starts and there is not one clear cut role established in their bullpen heading into next season
  • Ghost313
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    hopefully the white sox can get vmart to sign a two year deal with a club option for a 3rd year or something but i doubt it i think he stays in detroit

all this excitement coming from the other side of the city got me feeling like will before uncle phil helped him find an apartment on the last episode of fresh prince just the same ol same ol i dont expect the white sox to be a serious bidder for the top free agents -- though -- watch how they end up with another slow lumbering power hitter who bats south of .230 and ks over 150 times

hopefully viciedo isnt the starting lf come opening day or else it will have been a sad off season for rick hahn

Vmart will get atleast a 4yr deal at 60million. If he only wants 2, the Tigers will overpay to have him back.
    The Sox will have to outbid the Tigers, and if they do, it may be the death blow to the Tigers.
  • ckfree
    Options
    Ghost313 wrote: »

Vmart will get atleast a 4yr deal at 60million. If he only wants 2, the Tigers will overpay to have him back.
    The Sox will have to outbid the Tigers, and if they do, it may be the death blow to the Tigers.

thats one upside to signing vmart besides protecting abreu you get to weaken a division rival but i dont know man he getting up there in age

hes defintely looking for long term security if theres no market for him hes better off just staying with detroit all things considering
  • Ghost313
    Options

thats one upside to signing vmart besides protecting abreu you get to weaken a division rival but i dont know man he getting up there in age

hes defintely looking for long term security if theres no market for him hes better off just staying with detroit all things considering

Yea, which is why Cleveland is going to try to poach him too. I hope Dombrowski gives him 60 mill over 3 years. We gotta keep him.

Him batting behind Abreau would be potent add in Garcia,I would hate to see it.
  • ckfree
    Options

Yea, which is why Cleveland is going to try to poach him too. I hope Dombrowski gives him 60 mill over 3 years. We gotta keep him.

he will turn 36 so its not like hes getting any better and thats the thing that scares me he had damn near career highs in every category and the funny thing about career highs is that due to being the career high they only happen once and i highly doubt that after his age 23 to age 34 seasons of playing baseball and then having his career year at 35 that he will be able to actually TOP that in his age 36 season i think its all downhill from here on out lol

thats why a two year deal with a club option would be goat but somebody gonna overpay they always do
  • Ghost313
    Options

he will turn 36 so its not like hes getting any better and thats the thing that scares me he had damn near career highs in every category and the funny thing about career highs is that due to being the career high they only happen once and i highly doubt that after his age 23 to age 34 seasons of playing baseball and then having his career year at 35 that he will be able to actually TOP that in his age 36 season i think its all downhill from here on out lol

thats why a two year deal with a club option would be goat but somebody gonna overpay they always do

True but look at Big Papi in Boston. He is still a good hitter at 39. For the Tigers, he KEEPS us dangerous, For the Sox, it MAKES you Dangerous, For Cleveland it turns them into a legit threat.

Vmart is 1 of the best hitters from BOTH sides in the mlb, and he is a disciplined batter, really patient, add in US Cellular field for the majority of his at bats, White Sox win this division by 7 games.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options
    The Cubs, already the leader in free agency after landing marquee manager Joe Maddon for a $25 million, five-year deal, are going to target top free-agent catcher Russell Martin, sources connected to the team said.

The Cubs, expected to be a big player in the market with hopes of contending as they blend in their impressive stash of top positional prospects, surely appreciate Martin's superb performance for the Pirates this past year, when he was one of the few players in baseball with a .400-plus on-base percentage, and also caught and threw with the best in the game behind the plate.

:D that's Lester and Martin as the top 2 targets which is exactly what I wanted.Hope it happens
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

True but look at Big Papi in Boston. He is still a good hitter at 39. For the Tigers, he KEEPS us dangerous, For the Sox, it MAKES you Dangerous, For Cleveland it turns them into a legit threat.

Vmart is 1 of the best hitters from BOTH sides in the mlb, and he is a disciplined batter, really patient, add in US Cellular field for the majority of his at bats, White Sox win this division by 7 games.

WHOA.....Whoa I was wit you until this part.I think the indians and white sox will compete for the al central next year but until they revamp that bullpen white sox aint winning nothin by that many games
  • Ghost313
    edited November 2014
    Options

WHOA.....Whoa I was wit you until this part.I think the indians and white sox will compete for the al central next year but until they revamp that bullpen white sox aint winning nothin by that many games

The division will suck this year, especially if Sox get Vmart. Take Vmart away from us, Miggy is unprotected, outside of any real offensive additions, we become a 78-80 win team. Cleveland will prolly remain the same, about 82 wins. Chicago adds Vmart with Abreau, and a healthy Avasail , they win around 90 games. Vmart is just that productive, and Abreau getting him as a protector takes you guys up. KC let Butler go, Aoki go, Shields go, they will win around 80-83 games.

The value of Martinez coupled with Abreau and Garcia rivals Miggy ,JD, and Vmart, and the Sox are a better batting team 6-9, with a hitter friendly park.

I would hate to see Victor go anywhere, let alone a division foe, but the man is a top 10 hitter, and will continue for another few years. Getting Vmart weakens us, and strengthens your team.

I know your bullpen stunk, but it was not on Tiger level stank.

Hoping we pay Vmart, and he stays.
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dallas K won a gold glove for the squad. 1st pitcher in team history.
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Options

The division will suck this year, especially if Sox get Vmart. Take Vmart away from us, Miggy is unprotected, outside of any real offensive additions, we become a 78-80 win team. Cleveland will prolly remain the same, about 82 wins. Chicago adds Vmart with Abreau, and a healthy Avasail , they win around 90 games. Vmart is just that productive, and Abreau getting him as a protector takes you guys up. KC let Butler go, Aoki go, Shields go, they will win around 80-83 games.

The value of Martinez coupled with Abreau and Garcia rivals Miggy ,JD, and Vmart, and the Sox are a better batting team 6-9, with a hitter friendly park.

I would hate to see Victor go anywhere, let alone a division foe, but the man is a top 10 hitter, and will continue for another few years. Getting Vmart weakens us, and strengthens your team.

I know your their bullpen stunk, but it was not on Tiger level stank.

I'm a cubs fan bruh.The White Sox can kiss my ass

The rest of the post has good points.White Sox gonna try to sign aoki and a pitcher and carlos rodon will be in the rotation next year
  • Ghost313
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    I'm struggling to think of a pitcher on the White Sox outside of Chris Sale.........does Rodon count yet?

Danks and Quintana
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    I'm struggling to think of a pitcher on the White Sox outside of Chris Sale.........does Rodon count yet?

Nobody worth mentioning
  • Ghost313
    Options

I know your their bullpen stunk, but it was not on Tiger level stank.

I'm a cubs fan bruh.The White Sox can kiss my ass

The rest of the post has good points.White Sox gonna try to sign aoki and a pitcher and carlos rodon will be in the rotation next year

Respect bruh. Cubs will be nice for years to come. I'm a diehard Tigers fan, just know our division, and would hate to see 1 of our best go to rivals.