Types of movies Hollywood NEEDS to make in order to become respectable again....

Options
Mister B.
Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
1) A new type of horror series - I haven't seen a decent horror movie in theaters since Scream came out. I'm sure that may have been, but remaking old classics (Nightmare on Elm Street, Carrie) and continuing burnt out ones (Saw Part 1000) ain't cutting it.

2) Another "growing up in the hood" flick - Think on it. Ever since Boyz N the Hood, Menace II Society and Juice came out, when was the last last time you saw a decent "hood" major picture? I'd love to see someone's 2015 take on this. Maybe the next young black director can come out with one.

3) Super VILLAIN movies - Like I said before, a super villain movie where we see the villain's view of a caper, and have the superhero play the antagonist would ? some heads up. It'd be pretty cool to see a Joker or Lex Luthor film.

4) A black non-slavery/overcoming racism movie - I'm tired of black Hollywood being pigeon-holed into this ? . And it seems that few black star actors that aren't in this category (Denzel, Will, maybe Idris Elba) haven't put out much. Where's the Egypt movie? Is that Black Panther move still dropping? Would about black sci-fi or the next back action hero (i.e. Michael Jai White or Wesley's old ass)

What would you like to see made?

Comments

• farris2k1
    farris2k1 Members Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Itd be cool to see a new hood movie, baby boy was the last one, and the panther movie has been confirmed
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd like to see a black cast in a drama and a comedy. Not that forced, stereotypical type either. A film that can be relative to every one.
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    3) Super VILLAIN movies - Like I said before, a super villain movie where we see the villain's view of a caper, and have the superhero play the antagonist would ? some heads up. It'd be pretty cool to see a Joker or Lex Luthor film.

Suicide Squad is coming out. It's a movie about supervillains who go on missions in exchange for pardons.
    4) Where's the Egypt movie?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-8YsulfxVI

8CMs40V1.jpg
    the next back action hero (i.e. Michael Jai White or Wesley's old ass)

A Spawn project would be cool, but when I asked Todd McFarlene about it, he seem like he was very cool on the idea.
    What would you like to see made?

Crime Syndicate Cinematic Universe, http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/521630/crime-syndicate-cinematic-universe
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol when has hollywood ever been respectable?
  • K_Fisher
    K_Fisher Members Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just look at Asian cinema..miles ahead of Hollywood. If Hollywood can let studio politics and profit take a back seat , and allow creative direction to lead , then it'll get back to it's golden prime.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They haven't been making Saw movies for a while now.

• infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    They haven't been making Saw movies for a while now.

That's a good thing.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    K_Fisher wrote: »
    Just look at Asian cinema..miles ahead of Hollywood. If Hollywood can let studio politics and profit take a back seat , and allow creative direction to lead , then it'll get back to it's golden prime.

You hit the nail on the head.

Korean politics doesn't interrupt south Korean cinema so they consistently make refreshing ideas and American cinema copies it then restricts the ideas and the MPAA takes charge of cutting it down to PG-13.

Producers have to much control over the media and will not allow the 1st amendment. The federal government also has its share on what type of information should be released.

I'm pretty sure there are so good directors that had some awesome ideas whether it be black Yahoshua, Black Egyptians, Illuminati origins, demonic and alien entities or some out of the box action flicks that won't get the green light. So directors like Gareth Evans take these talents to other countries and make great cult flicks like the raid.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The cabin in the woods is my top 5 fav horror movie this generation.