IC Stop Making Excuses and Let's Get Healthy Thread

Options

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    @Lou_Cypher a lot of them taste bland but the one's with the best taste have a lot of carbs. Just remember protein really only helps repair muscles. If your looking to build muscle go heavier and increase your protein but that is not good for the keto diet that you've been on.

Yeah I've been working on trying to eat more. I think lately my protein has been pretty high, fat still higher, but probably not by much. Hard to eat more on keto though as all the fat and protein keeps you full for hours haha. I only eat one big meal a day with a bunch of snacks in between most days, but food intake has definitely been on my mind lately. Maybe I'll just add more salads with nuts and meats since it's lighter than most stuff I eat.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    What kinda protein do yall use?? I've been using Whey Isolate, but ive been considering switching it up to a veggie based protein. Found some at costco that is Pea/? Protein and seems to be made with some decently clean ingredients and its decently priced. Would love to see other ideas though. Sorry if ive asked this already.

NOW pea protein (vanilla toffee and chocolate)

i cant have anything with whey in it
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man, I love hitting that heavy bag! Still doing my power and strength training, along with the bag. Went to the gym the last 2 days after missing all of last week due to my Ulcerative Proctitis condition flaring up, and some pain in my left shoulder.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hope you get better fam
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    hope you get better fam

Thanks bro. I'm good now, it just flares up, at times. Have had it since April 2011.
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What kinda protein do yall use?? I've been using Whey Isolate, but ive been considering switching it up to a veggie based protein. Found some at costco that is Pea/? Protein and seems to be made with some decently clean ingredients and its decently priced. Would love to see other ideas though. Sorry if ive asked this already.

Garden of Life...been using it for 2 years now.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? protein is a little too gritty for me, the veggie/pea/rice/plant ? is all good...anything that i cant pronounce or understand its purpose to the ingredients I leave alone

They also dont create that fake muscle look like the whey and soy do

If you have a Vitamin Shoppe or Vitamin World they usually have the best qualities, GNC too but they price their ? too high
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Yeah unfortunately gnc is all we got up here lol. Couple indie supplement stores, but they ushall over price too. Will try that costco brand first but probably do some more research and order some online.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I love taking my pre workout in the morning btw. Wakes me the ? up lol
  • Qiv_Owan
    edited December 2017
    Options

Pre-Workout can dissolve rubber, if youre doing your health thing then its natural ways u can get that same energy

https://www.vitaminshoppe.com/

Theyre in 47 states so im assuming ur not in the states? Amazon works wonders too bruh

You need some recipes i got you
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Qiv_Owan wrote: »

Pre-Workout can dissolve rubber, if youre doing your health thing then its natural ways u can get that same energy

Theyre in 47 states so im assuming ur not in the states? Amazon works wonders too bruh

All the pre workout i take is on that site. What do you do for pre workout? I tried just coffee in the mornings and just using pre workout for my afternoon session, but i started taking pre workout in the morning and its really helped wake me up and pushing through.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Options

All the pre workout i take is on that site. What do you do for pre workout? I tried just coffee in the mornings and just using pre workout for my afternoon session, but i started taking pre workout in the morning and its really helped wake me up and pushing through.

B12, B6, pine pollen, zinc, raw cacao, spirulina, green tea extract, iron...powders and liquids only

If u read whats in most of those supplement containers u can just narrow it down to the essentials
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So afteemr three years of kettlebell training i have came to that conclusion.

Once you want to wield 50% of your bodyweight you need get really stronger in the shoulders, lats, abs and arms. That means that i will have to go back to the gym in order to target the shoulders and back region.

• Qiv_Owan
    Options

Once you want to wield 50% of your bodyweight you need get really stronger in the shoulders, lats, abs and arms. That means that i will have to go back to the gym in order to target the shoulders and back region.

What u swinging now...all ?
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

e94eo.gif
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options

Still on that 88 lbs kettlebell. Its more than half my weight. In order to snatch, clean and TGU it i must be able to do a clean one arm pushup and shoulder press 90 lbs and deadlift 180 lbs minumum.

I have to go back to the gym.
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Me personally I don't give a ? , I'm old school, Protein is Protein
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any of yall mess with complexes for your workout?
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This Morning:

Warm Up on Treadmill into Progressive Sprints.

5 Move DB Ladder Complex. 8 reps down to 4 w/ 30 secs rest in between w/ Push Ups after each set.(OHP, Front Squats, Rows, RDL, Biceps Curls)

5 40+ feet Farmer Walks (1 overhead carry) Push Ups after each carry.

Wanted something hard, but short and sweet.

Ill go heavier on the weight next time, and skip the sprints.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Options
    Whats a complex?
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I’m trying to lose 15 lb. I just ate 7 Girl Scout cookies. How much do I Have to run to burn that off?
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    I’m trying to lose 15 lb. I just ate 7 Girl Scout cookies. How much do I Have to run to burn that off?

3 hours
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    These battle ropes are interesting... very interesting
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so how can i burn this fat around my lower abs and lower back more efficiently?