IC Stop Making Excuses and Let's Get Healthy Thread

Options
1193194195196197199»

Comments

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ineedpussy wrote: »
    so how can i burn this fat around my lower abs and lower back more efficiently?

Kettlebell
  • ineedpussy
    ineedpussy Members Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Kettlebell

i know lem. i have one but im only 3 months out from having acl surgery. if it wasnt for that i wouldnt even had this question lem. i use the kb. its religion
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Kettlebell

i know lem. i have one but im only 3 months out from having acl surgery. if it wasnt for that i wouldnt even had this question lem. i use the kb. its religion

Sorry bruh. Add some battle rope. Yesterday i was doing some between COD WW2 games. 7 hours laters i still feel that my soul has been snatched lol. Cant wait to mix kettlebell swings and some battle rope exercises.

Ima need some DMX and Metallica playslist
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

High intensity core exercises, mainly focusing on balance (handstands, planches) or just get in dip position and swing your legs back and forth...u said u have a bad acl so id recommend u not try to hold it

• pimped_out_red
    pimped_out_red Members Posts: 894 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man count your calories, and these food makers are getn very desperate now, everything dipped in chocoloate, cereal with only marshmallows, and fastfood places are just combining chips with menu items- locos tacos, cheetos mac n cheese and fritos burritos..every time I walk into the grocery store i see an unhealthy combination...and these calories on labels are misleading- knowing the single pacakge has 3.5 servings...there should be a law where individual packages should show all calories, and let the consumer divide up the portions. Aint no1 eating 1/3 of a grab bag ...man watch what u eat...please
    uw1h68sexcnl.jpg
    rqao8ikthxay.jpg
    y8mkm3z2vthf.jpg
    b4orhin5oyfh.jpg
    6ttdl9h8v8ct.jpg
  • pimped_out_red
    pimped_out_red Members Posts: 894 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And my last issue is with the commercials...
    So in all these fast food, beer, and Pillsbury commercials they show skinny fit people eating and having a good time...this is a soo wack, cuz if u sit outside in a drive thru u will lose your appetite watching what "body types" walk in/out...not only are they hiding what ppl who eat that ? daily really look like but they're trying to advertise to the fit people who dont eat it...i alwayz wondered why the mcdonalds commercials dont show hood niccas in the commercials, but instead show natural hair hippy black ppl, well its because the natural hippy looking ppl are usually #woke and aint eating that ? ....advertisers aint wasting money on customers they already have, they are making commercials for the customers they want...zr8t1omml6u6.jpg
  • BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Havent been doing any deadlifts since hurting my back 8 months ago. Started back doing a session a week and hit 375 pretty easy on week 3. Lower back still be a little iffy some days, but I cant wait to dead 4+ plates again.

Question for yall more advanced lifters.

I repped 225 on the Bench 9 times yesterday. That puts my 1 rep max at 292. You guys think think I can hit 315 by the end of next month, or will my progress be a lot slower than Im hoping for?
  • BIGG WILL
    Options
    Another question. I can run, sprint, hop and jump w/o a problem. I can even front squat with no issues, but as soon as I try to back squat I get a pretty decent pain in my left knee. Anyone ever exp. this?
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BIGG WILL wrote: »
    Havent been doing any deadlifts since hurting my back 8 months ago. Started back doing a session a week and hit 375 pretty easy on week 3. Lower back still be a little iffy some days, but I cant wait to dead 4+ plates again.

I repped 225 on the Bench 9 times yesterday. That puts my 1 rep max at 292. You guys think think I can hit 315 by the end of next month, or will my progress be a lot slower than Im hoping for?

I’m not advanced but that’s almost exactly where I was at at my peak, how much do you weigh? I think it’s doable if you up your calorie intake and rest properly, and you deadlift a lot more than I was when I was putting that up so you got more power than me but if I was trying to accomplish that and say you benched today that leaves about 5 more bench days before January 30th (if you rest every week in between), if you repped out 225 today next week the 26th I would go light and do about 5 sets of 5 working my way up to 195 and finish with a set of 20 (or at least 185), on the 2nd I’d go heavier on the incline and do dumbbell work on the bench, 9th I would go for 305, 16th rep out 225 which you should be at around 12-14 compared to 9 now, 23rd if you were able to get 195 20 Times move up to 200, if it was 185 and it felt easy move up to 195 but get that rep of 20 in, then go for 315 on the 30th
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My opinion that’s how I would approach it
  • BIGG WILL
    Options
    BIGG WILL wrote: »

I’m not advanced but that’s almost exactly where I was at at my peak, how much do you weigh? I think it’s doable if you up your calorie intake and rest properly, and you deadlift a lot more than I was when I was putting that up so you got more power than me but if I was trying to accomplish that and say you benched today that leaves about 5 more bench days before January 30th (if you rest every week in between), if you repped out 225 today next week the 26th I would go light and do about 5 sets of 5 working my way up to 195 and finish with a set of 20 (or at least 185), on the 2nd I’d go heavier on the incline and do dumbbell work on the bench, 9th I would go for 305, 16th rep out 225 which you should be at around 12-14 compared to 9 now, 23rd if you were able to get 195 20 Times move up to 200, if it was 185 and it felt easy move up to 195 but get that rep of 20 in, then go for 315 on the 30th

I'm at 225 now, down from 240ish 6-7 weeks ago. I don't do typical straights sets.

Like my last workout went something like this.

Bench Press x 5(5 reps at the lower weights, 3 reps at 225)
    Single Arm Row X 5 (each arm)
    Body weight Squats X 5
    Crunches X 10

I basically did that until I didn't feel like doing in any more. At that point in my circuit I had did 225 x 3, 3 times between the rows and everything else, so as a finisher I just wanted to see how many reps I could get at 225.

Then I combined Bench Presses with some Push Ups, before doing another circuit working chest and back.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I do mostly handstand pushups and high intensity strength workouts but I play with the weights every so often

I use the squat machine for my bench presses

Can got 325 with ease 10 times

385-415 is where I max out