IC Stop Making Excuses and Let's Get Healthy Thread

Options

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    I been riding my bike to the gym on Saturday's instead of driving to burn more calories. 3 and a half miles each way

you should run

nah cause I play pickup basketball for like 3-4 hours and then hit the weights for 30 minutes after on saturdays

I cant hoop after running that much, and the jogging is bad for explosiveness/fast twitch
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Easiest way to gain weight is basically to eat more carbs. I went from a skinny 123lbs to 168lbs in almost 2 years.

Make these pancakes and eat them every morning, along with this milkshake. Then eat your proteins (fish, chicken, beef) with white rice multiple times in the day.

1 cup of pancake batter
    Half a cup of oatmeal
    1 egg
    Handful of almonds
    Handful of walnuts
    Quarter cup of milk
    Tablespoon of honey

blend all of that together. Turn on your stove top, heat your griddle, put the pancake on, add chocolate chips. Make as many as you want, then spread peanut butter on top of your pancake and sliced bananas. Then add more honey.

Do pancakes/waffles without all that extra ? make you gain weight?

I make waffles all the time ,I usually just put fresh blueberries in the batter though
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    I use 1 egg and milk too though with a lil bit of vegetable oil for the batter, MMM! its so good but Ill stop eating it if it makes you gain weight
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    I been riding my bike to the gym on Saturday's instead of driving to burn more calories. 3 and a half miles each way

you should run

nah cause I play pickup basketball for like 3-4 hours and then hit the weights for 30 minutes after on saturdays

I cant hoop after running that much, and the jogging is bad for explosiveness/fast twitch

I've read that sprints / HIIT training done briefly before lifting can help increase test levels
    Might be able to help you out with your fat loss goals while improving your gains
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    that 24 kg kettlebell is very challenging.

i ve progressed . i can swing it with one hand

next step : the SNATCH
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    yep this morning i have performed a CLEAN

im hafway to the perfect snatch
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peanut_205 wrote: »
    Mannnn im 220lbs right now

In the military I was 150. What do I eat to get back? Any advice is appreciated

Cardio

Control your caloric intake...

Eat more lean meats (chicken and turkey preferably)

Get your fruit and veggie servings

And DRINK WATER plenty of water fam.

Do your googles and try to find a meal plan to facilitate the results u desire.

That's all I eat nowadays & also stay away from fried foods.

I'm about hit the gym tonight & get this workout in
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just took my pre workout, good day for back work out and a bicep blowout
  • ShottaDaBeast
    ShottaDaBeast Members Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol its cold af here too ? Im in Michigan

Salute my ? . I was stationed there a couple of yrs ago... my winter experience their was horrible

Peanut_205 wrote: »
    Mannnn im 220lbs right now

In the military I was 150. What do I eat to get back? Any advice is appreciated

Intermittent Fasting and low sodium dieting will help you get their. Also do not consume any creatine... now if you want to keep some muscle and get back to 150 that my friend is very difficult. lose the weight and then build the muscle if the weight is more important than the muscle
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Got a quick 5k in, gonna prolly hoop later
  • ShottaDaBeast
    ShottaDaBeast Members Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so the gym is open today on base! so turnt! about to hit these legs in a major fam.. deadlift, squats, dumbell step up, leg press, then beast out on the back

macho-man.gif
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gonna go to the gym shortly and get a full-upper-body workout in.
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Easiest way to gain weight is basically to eat more carbs. I went from a skinny 123lbs to 168lbs in almost 2 years.

Make these pancakes and eat them every morning, along with this milkshake. Then eat your proteins (fish, chicken, beef) with white rice multiple times in the day.

1 cup of pancake batter
    Half a cup of oatmeal
    1 egg
    Handful of almonds
    Handful of walnuts
    Quarter cup of milk
    Tablespoon of honey

blend all of that together. Turn on your stove top, heat your griddle, put the pancake on, add chocolate chips. Make as many as you want, then spread peanut butter on top of your pancake and sliced bananas. Then add more honey.

I make waffles all the time ,I usually just put fresh blueberries in the batter though

Eating too much of anything will make you gain weight no matter what, especially excessive carbs. That's just what worked for me because I'm a hard gainer. I have to eat 3000+ calories just to gain weight.
  • wmj710
    Options
    [img][/img]73i3dk.jpg

I snack on these and almonds throughout the day, keeps me from snacking on chips and other junk foods, usually keeps me feeling pretty good.
  • King_MOEbra
    Options
    Just finished my workout. Lasted 2 hours 9 minutes.
  • Bcotton5
    Options

1 cup of pancake batter
    Half a cup of oatmeal
    1 egg
    Handful of almonds
    Handful of walnuts
    Quarter cup of milk
    Tablespoon of honey

Eating too much of anything will make you gain weight no matter what, especially excessive carbs. That's just what worked for me because I'm a hard gainer. I have to eat 3000+ calories just to gain weight.

are the waffles heavy on carbs? Because I eat make like 8 waffles at a time when I do it lol and I eat all of them I got blueberry syrup too MMM!
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    wmj710 wrote: »
    [img][/img]73i3dk.jpg

I snack on these and almonds throughout the day, keeps me from snacking on chips and other junk foods, usually keeps me feeling pretty good.

I eat those peppers too theyre MMM!

Yea I stay away from chips and most junk food, my weaknesses are white chocolate cookies and payday candy bars
  • Parallel
    Parallel Members, Writer Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You cook the peppers at all or just eat them straight out the bag?
  • wmj710
    Options
    Parallel wrote: »
    You cook the peppers at all or just eat them straight out the bag?

Right out the bag
  • wmj710
    Options
    [img][/img]73i3dk.jpg

Yea I stay away from chips and most junk food, my weaknesses are white chocolate cookies and payday candy bars

The orange peppers are my fav, pay days are great, my weaknesses are butterfingers and sour patch kids
  • King_MOEbra
    Options
    [img][/img]73i3dk.jpg

? , what'chu know about them Payday bars? LMAO Back when I was eating a lot of sweets, that was my favorite candy bar of all-time.
  • PSN-Canibuss
    Options

1 cup of pancake batter
    Half a cup of oatmeal
    1 egg
    Handful of almonds
    Handful of walnuts
    Quarter cup of milk
    Tablespoon of honey

are the waffles heavy on carbs? Because I eat make like 8 waffles at a time when I do it lol and I eat all of them I got blueberry syrup too MMM!

I don't know, it depends on the ingredients. If they are frozen, they have the carbs right on the box, if not and they are home made, then you'll need to figure out the carbs yourself.
  • PSN-Canibuss
    Options
    Banana Protein Muffins

jadxug.jpg

Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Squares

2a9wcgn.jpg