IC Stop Making Excuses and Let's Get Healthy Thread

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And yeah beer is the devil for my abs
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dwade206 wrote: »
    What exactly does that prove? More than likely, nothing. You don't use supplements, but chances are you're not on my level in the gym.
    I know you mentioned before you bench press 315. What are you squatting and deadlifting?
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't squat; knee issues.
    Deadlift around 405.
  • Mastery
    That's what's up.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    Strawberry/Banana muscle milk
    Orange juice (trust me, 1 scoop and it mixes well)
    Frozen raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and pineapples

Goat smoothie.

Also, one scoop of creatine

Muscle milk is a pile of garbage you putting into your body. Do your research.

yeah I've never used any of that stuff or any supplementsI just try to eat right

What exactly does that prove? More than likely, nothing. You don't use supplements, but chances are you're not on my level in the gym.

? ? yo level
  • dwade206
    Strawberry/Banana muscle milk
    Orange juice (trust me, 1 scoop and it mixes well)
    Frozen raspberries, blueberries, strawberries and pineapples

Goat smoothie.

Also, one scoop of creatine

Muscle milk is a pile of garbage you putting into your body. Do your research.

yeah I've never used any of that stuff or any supplementsI just try to eat right

? ? yo level

Pilates ? ? post
  • King Erauno
    King Erauno Members Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    im just trying to get a six pack. been toning up lately...hardest part for me is my eating clean. been doing good lately though

I'm trying to find an ab workout. What is your workout? & how long you been doing your workout til you start seeing results?

its more of lowering body fat/ fat around your stomach. you can do situps until you puke but you gotta get that diet right before you see results
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always been a healthy person since the day of birth. Don't smoke nor drink & usually being around people who smoke don't effect me but it came to a point that I don't wanna be around people who smoke now.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. Nobody likes ab workouts I see. It's not ONLY about diet IDK why ppl act like that. Sure, that's very important. You don't do abs just to see them. It's cool to strengthen them and harden them.

Every other day do something if you're serious about quick results.

1. Do Ab Ripper X as one of your ab workouts. (I do that then with higher reps than the original video and add some other exercises to the end of the routine)

2. Find some static holds to do (L-Sits 3 sets holding as long as possible. V sit. Regular and side Planks.)

3. Do a mixed bag of these exercises:
    http://youtu.be/BsaD-BadB9M
    http://youtu.be/pl1XbjxZndw

4. I don't have an ab wheel but it sounds cool

Switch it up. Challenge yourself. See improvement.
  • Mastery
    Ab wheel>>>> everything you just mentioned, imo. Kneeling, then progress to standing. Lifting weights will strengthen and harden your abs if you're doing the right lifts (Squats, bench, military press, etc ; bust most of all, deadlifts). I will take deadlifts or an ab wheel to strengthen and harden my abs over "ab exercises" any day of the week. That's just me though. And how can you speak of an ab wheel when you've never tried one (judging from your post about it)? And diet IS the main part if ? wanna see their abs, and most people do. Doing all the ? ab exercises in the world won't help if your diet isn't on point. Your ? will be tough but you'll never see it.
  • Mastery
    I used to be like you... doing ab exercises until I realized they were a waste of my time considering my abs get worked far better with an ab wheel and deadlifting, not to mention top knotch core strength.
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You gotta lose the fat that's covering the abs..ABs start in the kitchen like mentioned..a nice fat burner would help..I had a problem about 2 years ago with my stomach area..I ? alot of kool-aid/sugary and sweet tea...then I started taking fat burners and just started running about a mile or 2 a day or every other day...I burned the fat off and I can see my abs and ribs and ? now..It may not work for you, but fat burners are a good source joined with protein..I really dont even work on my abs..the other exercises that I do, I feel my abs strengthening from that.. but too each its own..what's good for my body may not be good for yours or it may take a bit longer
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally went clothes shopping the other day. Dropped from size 40 waist to 36. Still a little room in the 36's too.

Need to get me a gym buddy or some damn motivation.
  • [Deleted User]
  • Mastery
    Lmao! ? asked for motivation and Jamel gave him some haha
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Finally went clothes shopping the other day. Dropped from size 40 waist to 36. Still a little room in the 36's too.

Need to get me a gym buddy or some damn motivation.

Motivation?

How bout the eternal fear of once again being a pig bellied washout that cant see his own ? when he looks down?

Nah, i aint scared of ? .
  • Mastery
    Can we all agree that kai greene is in denial about his Palumboism and its also why he is never going to be mr. Olympia?
    ? he showing signs of Palumboism already? Lol
  • Mastery
  • [Deleted User]
  • dwade206
    Can we all agree that kai greene is in denial about his Palumboism and its also why he is never going to be mr. Olympia?

It's not just that. As charismatic as Kai is, nh, he will never win the Mr Olympia title because of his ? ? behavior. The bodybuilding powers that be, want a person like Heath to try to make bodybuilding a commercialized and more respectable sport so they can generate more money. The funny thing is, bodybuilding is not even a sport; it's a beauty pageant.
  • dwade206
    The main issue is not palumboism. From what I heard, Phil was having the same issue this year. It's all politics. Why would you want a scarred, one long dread Black dude with a history of ? for pay activities as the face of bodybuilding?
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wall me mentioning the ab wheel is respect to ppl like you who swear by it. You've given constant positive feedback about it have you not? I gave suggestions that dude can choose from. He doesn't have to do exactly what I'm doing. Ab wheel is a suggestion that you and others have made often.

Also abs are best worked with variety IMO. Deadlift isn't the answer to everything. I like to target different areas by doing different things and I encourage others to do the same. As you said to each his own.

Not only do I target "abs". Hip flexors and obliques can be focused on with different exercises.
  • Mastery
    Kai outchea looking flabby and sick yo haha
  • [Deleted User]