San Antonio Spurs or New England Patriots fans. How does it feel?

Options
2»

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Belichick isn't the highest paid coach, Saints pill head coach there is
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not a fan of either but it can be a gift and a curse. Your team being good enough to win almost every year can get extremely disappointing the years they don't. It makes for a rollercoaster of emotions. Sometimes you may wish you just had a bad team and never worried about winning at all instead of heartbreaking losses. The worst fan feeling of all though is trapped in mediocrity. You win enough to believe in the team, but don't lose enough to make big changes.

Not winning it all doesn't necessarily mean you're mediocre. Mediocrity is when you're a fringe playoff team year in year out.

I've been a Spurs fan since I was a kid and looking back on the last 14 years, I'm not disappointed at all cause it's basically impossible to win a chip 100% of the time but it's another thing to say that win or lose, you're in an elite bracket. Everybody can't lay claim the the type of success and consistency the Spurs have. That's something to be proud of.

+infinity

Us Spurs fans have been blessed sense the drafting of David Robinson. The team has rarely had a down year sense I've been alive and even-though they haven't won back to back I'm always proud that they are in the hunt. It's going to be a sad day when Duncan, Manu & Pop leave. Which I think is sooner rather than later

I just knew they were going to hang it up after winning this last chip. The atmosphere in the building said it all. They would win on their home floor and announce retirement right there center court. No doubt this is their last run. I wonder if they stayed to make sure the team would be stable without them.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Not a fan of either but it can be a gift and a curse. Your team being good enough to win almost every year can get extremely disappointing the years they don't. It makes for a rollercoaster of emotions. Sometimes you may wish you just had a bad team and never worried about winning at all instead of heartbreaking losses. The worst fan feeling of all though is trapped in mediocrity. You win enough to believe in the team, but don't lose enough to make big changes.

Not winning it all doesn't necessarily mean you're mediocre. Mediocrity is when you're a fringe playoff team year in year out.

I've been a Spurs fan since I was a kid and looking back on the last 14 years, I'm not disappointed at all cause it's basically impossible to win a chip 100% of the time but it's another thing to say that win or lose, you're in an elite bracket. Everybody can't lay claim the the type of success and consistency the Spurs have. That's something to be proud of.

And I thought you were a Bulls fan.
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

+infinity

Us Spurs fans have been blessed sense the drafting of David Robinson. The team has rarely had a down year sense I've been alive and even-though they haven't won back to back I'm always proud that they are in the hunt. It's going to be a sad day when Duncan, Manu & Pop leave. Which I think is sooner rather than later

I just knew they were going to hang it up after winning this last chip. The atmosphere in the building said it all. They would win on their home floor and announce retirement right there center court. No doubt this is their last run. I wonder if they stayed to make sure the team would be stable without them.

The Spurs haven't won that back to back and I'm sure that's what they really want.
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    Get off your knees, threadstarter.

'Ol "I wanna be just like you"-ass ? lol.

Lmaaoooo!
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Its expensive....ive seen giants eagles tickets cheaper than some regular season games i try to go to in new england the prices are expensive as ?

Its annoying....some of these fans are annoying as ? at these games and when the pats lose they act stupid as hell and have no idea what they are talking about

its funny...because ? hate on tom brady and talk about how he blew 2 superbowls vs the giants but them same ? be quiet when peyton has shrinked in hella playoffs games in the cold.

its frustrating...because despite winning 3 titles those 2 Ls to the giants were scary and personal. living in connecticut i remember having to go into high school and face the giants fans one year and about 4 years later walking back from a college superbowl party and some giants fan talking ? out the back seat of a car while a car sped away

but its worth it all to have a great team that has far exceeded the success id could ever imagine as a kid when they sucked

I know if if were fifth's, we'd all be white boy wasted, but if Gronk was healthy in last SB the Pats were in, they would have won, PERIOD! He's that much of a game changer.... but injuries are apart of the game.

I don't see how anyone could really put those losses all on Bradys shoulders b/c he played solid in each one. The Giants jus matched up w/ them well AND had the ball bounce their way in certain instances (which u need good fortune on SB runs).

This is coming from a certified Ravens fan.

• Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MallyG wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Its expensive....ive seen giants eagles tickets cheaper than some regular season games i try to go to in new england the prices are expensive as ?

Its annoying....some of these fans are annoying as ? at these games and when the pats lose they act stupid as hell and have no idea what they are talking about

its funny...because ? hate on tom brady and talk about how he blew 2 superbowls vs the giants but them same ? be quiet when peyton has shrinked in hella playoffs games in the cold.

its frustrating...because despite winning 3 titles those 2 Ls to the giants were scary and personal. living in connecticut i remember having to go into high school and face the giants fans one year and about 4 years later walking back from a college superbowl party and some giants fan talking ? out the back seat of a car while a car sped away

but its worth it all to have a great team that has far exceeded the success id could ever imagine as a kid when they sucked

I know if if were fifth's, we'd all be white boy wasted, but if Gronk was healthy in last SB the Pats were in, they would have won, PERIOD! He's that much of a game changer.... but injuries are apart of the game.

I don't see how anyone could really put those losses all on Bradys shoulders b/c he played solid in each one. The Giants jus matched up w/ them well AND had the ball bounce their way in certain instances (which u need good fortune on SB runs).

This is coming from a certified Ravens fan.

Exactly my ? , they need to stop hating on the gawd!!
  • spit_fiya
    spit_fiya Members Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im a Patriots and Spurs fan. If you don't win it all it's a lost season.We have high standards. So i'm still disappointed din my Pats for a decade now. 2006 to now especially has been rough on me.

? really???.....I'm a Knicks fan...all I want is a Playoff appearance.

This is just like being in class with that one ? that's ? because he got a "Low A" and he tries telling that to a C average ? and gets his block knocked off.
  • soul rattler
    Options

I am.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    dudes dont know what it feels like being a Knick fan ? is devastating
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im a Patriots and Spurs fan. If you don't win it all it's a lost season.We have high standards. So i'm still disappointed din my Pats for a decade now. 2006 to now especially has been rough on me.

Lying ass
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options

I am.

A Bulls and Spurs fan. Interesting.
  • soul rattler
    Options

I am.

A Bulls and Spurs fan. Interesting.

Push comes to shove I gotta go with Chicago.

2011 was a great year. Both were at the top of their conference. I wish they could've met in the finals.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Huey_C wrote: »
    It's a great feeling, the best feeling is when the pats are going undefeated (till the Super Bowl smh), Sox win a pennant and the Celtics win a ship all in the same year to year in a half, I'm greatful to go through my 20's with all this going on, especially after being pretty lousy for a whole decade in the 90's, Spurs fans probably feel the same way I do when I say it's going to be rough times when Brady/Belichick retire and for them Pop/Duncan

It is always a great feeling when an under dog team like the Ravens knock an over hyped team like the Pats out lol.? was probably better than when they won the super bowl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJDHWIiWF-A

[img]http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/955092/? .gif[/img]

tumblr_lxtss7Wnxm1qhap1n.gif

The year after that though,what happened?

SPORTS_FBN-AFC_14_BZ_96742391-600x541.jpg
    159801631.0_standard_352.0.jpg
    159797699.0.jpg
    Vonta+Leach+AFC+Championship+Baltimore+Ravens+0xU7pHvexUwl.jpg
    159801631.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Is he.. is he.. is he.. dead?

Tom+Brady+AFC+Championship+Baltimore+Ravens+MLCoqyG8C9ll.jpg

We won the super bowl that year too unlike the Pats the year before lol

BS-BS-sp-p15-ravens-patriot.jpg

I can understand why you forgot that one

tom-brady-lord-of-the-rings.jpg

Top 5 of all time!

Top 2
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm originally from Massachusetts so I grew up watching the Patriots lose in the 80s and 90s (although they went to the Super Bowl in 86 and 97 and lost). But the Celtics won 3 championships when I was a kid.

In fact, all of the Boston teams(Celtics, Red Sox, Bruins, Patriots) made the finals in 1986 although the Celtics are the only team that won a ring.

One of my Facebook friends that still lives in Massachusetts made an interesting point;

There have been 9 championship parades in Boston over the past 13 years;

Patriots - 4 championships
    Red Sox - 3 championships
    Bruins - 1 championship
    Celtics - 1 championship

^^^^^ 9 championships since 2002