So why is there STILL so much hatred for Blacks in this country?

Options
13»

Comments

• onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    I think it all boils down to white guilt and the fear of the shoe eventually being on the other foot.

This country never really had a real honest "dialogue" about the issues of race that have haunted the nation since its founding. When you compare to how South Africa handled the end of Apartheid and how they had their Truth and Reconciliation Commission, nothing was really laid out on the table to come to an understanding between the races. White people just don't want to talk about it. To this point, I think whites have this underlying fear that Blacks seek retribution for the mistreatment and oppression through the years and it's only a matter of time before things come to a head. They feel like they're due to receive revenge and they have this mentality to strike first or to keep the foot on the necks of the race in order to prevent that revenge from being carried out.

Anytime they see Blacks organizing or being galvanized behind any cause, they feel a need to react and respond and attack it. They're terrified of Blacks gaining enough power to put them through the same oppression that they put us through.

That's because racism is still embedded in the fabric of this country.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hear what you saying but I don't know if White guilt is just as bad, isn't it better to deal with someone with some White guilt then some crooked White cop that might abuse his authority any chance he gets?

LOL at the bigger ? and fuller lips thing, there's some truth to that for sure. I just hope Black women cut down on some of the weaves though, some of them are getting out of hand and I think it's setting a bad example for young Black girls. I know many Black girls and women can grow hair long naturally but way too many be dying their hair blond and ? . I always found it weird as a man
    Well my theory is black woman are taught (by society) to believe white women are superior from the birth. Not only that, but lightskinned black women are superior because they're closer to white than darkskinned girls. So wearing weave is just a way to mask their insecurities from being who they are. Skin bleaching is another one. All these women is insecure in some way. The difference is white women is spending a 100k a year tryna recreate what a black women would like in a white girl body. It's a obsession. But aslong as we got celebs like Nicki Minaj out here cooning it up, black women will never know their natural beauty
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hear what you saying but I don't know if White guilt is just as bad, isn't it better to deal with someone with some White guilt then some crooked White cop that might abuse his authority any chance he gets?

LOL at the bigger ? and fuller lips thing, there's some truth to that for sure. I just hope Black women cut down on some of the weaves though, some of them are getting out of hand and I think it's setting a bad example for young Black girls. I know many Black girls and women can grow hair long naturally but way too many be dying their hair blond and ? . I always found it weird as a man
    Well my theory is black woman are taught (by society) to believe white women are superior from the birth. Not only that, but lightskinned black women are superior because they're closer to white than darkskinned girls. So wearing weave is just a way to mask their insecurities from being who they are. Skin bleaching is another one. All these women is insecure in some way. The difference is white women is spending a 100k a year tryna recreate what a black women would like in a white girl body. It's a obsession. But aslong as we got celebs like Nicki Minaj out here cooning it up, black women will never know their natural beauty

I hear you, Nicki Minaj definitely isn't helping things