Addiction and Depression

Options

Comments

• SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oh one more thing I'll add... try to take a a vitamin B complex every day. Everyone should actually do this - it's the easiest vitamin to be deficient of and the one with the most noticeable effects if you take it. Especially if you've been drinking a lot and/or smoke which depletes your body's ability to process B in food. After three days to a week taking vitamin B once a day you'll definitely feel the difference physically and mentally.
  • LOLCL
    LOLCL Members Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    Oh one more thing I'll add... try to take a a vitamin B complex every day. Everyone should actually do this - it's the easiest vitamin to be deficient of and the one with the most noticeable effects if you take it. Especially if you've been drinking a lot and/or smoke which depletes your body's ability to process B in food. After three days to a week taking vitamin B once a day you'll definitely feel the difference physically and mentally.

I never knew this, what can you get vitamin b in?
  • REV_RAGE
    REV_RAGE Members Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    do you know the type of depression you have been diagnosed with? Also are there other diagnosis along with it besid addiction/alcoholism? or have you not officially been diagnosed by a mental health professional?
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't diagnose yourself with anything. The key to the problem is accepting and loving everything about you. Your fuckups and your strengths is who you are and don't measure them by the world's standards, accept them for what they are, own up and love that it makes you stronger or that's just life. I don't really know how to explain it to you without telling you through a Christian view but don't let the evil one use your failures to dictate who you are as a person cause that's false, just accept it as life's bumps.

I can't really tell my life on here but at one point I found myself looking over a balcony thinking about ending it because of a series of ? up events since childhood and changed my mind. You just gotta accept it for what it is and stop picking on old scab wounds cause they'll never heal. Drinking amplifies it.

As ? as this ? sounds, whenever you feel down and out, start helping other people out at random to rebuild your spirit and take your mind off you. Find a charity organization or just smile and buy someone a meal and feed your spirit.

Keep your head up bruh.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't diagnose yourself with anything. The key to the problem is accepting and loving everything about you. Your fuckups and your strengths is who you are and don't measure them by the world's standards, accept them for what they are, own up and love that it makes you stronger or that's just life. I don't really know how to explain it to you without telling you through a Christian view but don't let the evil one use your failures to dictate who you are as a person cause that's false, just accept it as life's bumps.

I can't really tell my life on here but at one point I found myself looking over a balcony thinking about ending it because of a series of ? up events since childhood and changed my mind. You just gotta accept it for what it is and stop picking on old scab wounds cause they'll never heal. Drinking amplifies it.

As ? as this ? sounds, whenever you feel down and out, start helping other people out at random to rebuild your spirit and take your mind off you. Find a charity organization or just smile and buy someone a meal and feed your spirit.

Keep your head up bruh.

nah, it don't sound ? . That ? real. World would be a better place if more people thought like that.
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options

Keep your head up bruh.

this is the best feeling right here and keeping yourself busy while doing something positive feels great too
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Keep your head up bruh.

Lol at this super masculine ? . Reminded me of this

http://youtu.be/k-diau1UxLc
  • Beezus
    Beezus Members Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    You can get thru that ? bruh,

I wish I could tell you what helped me but I think its just me being stubborn, people telling me I cant do something motivates me to do it.

I put the bottle down 14 months ago now.

Dammit b cotton
    Ymcmb! !!!
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of real ? posted here. I'm sure the TS is appreciative but I am also to the things I've read.
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nice thread. A lil too honest for my taste but props tho and good luck.
    Me wrote:
    We all got issues, You only got one life to life to live unless you Hindu.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peanut_205 wrote: »
    Rasta. wrote: »
    Peanut_205 wrote: »
    Dallas what u done besides post here for help? My best friend was put on anti depressants. Maybe u should see a doctor. They really helped him

Man, stay the hell away from them ? . He's replacing an addiction with addicting drugs, not really smart

Y not? Fix the feeling

Too many side effects.I stopped taking my meds a year ago.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And yea I try to keep myself really busy with all types of ? , dont know if its a good or bad thing but it helps me keep my mind off of ?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Working out changes my mood so dramatically

If you aren't already doing it you should start. The neurochemical effects will definitely improve things.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    Nice thread. A lil too honest for my taste but props tho and good luck.

lol the ? ? this ? said 'a lil too honest for my taste'
  • RNS
    RNS Members Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BobOblah wrote: »
    You gotta replace your negative coping mechanisms with positive ones. Lift weights, run, meditate. Or whatever you discover works for you, those are the tools I used to overcome mental health and addiction struggles. You gotta learn how to effectively fight that ? . Hard at first but once you get positive momentum going it get's easier.

I definitely agree with this ? . Once you find that positive thing to deal with depression or whatever it gets a lot better. Best thing i could have did was start walking/ running a few miles at the park every other day. I find that it clears my mind and helps me relax.

Some great comments in this thread too.

• Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dallas ? is the most solid ? in Texas. Life's about who makes it, not who makes it the fastest.
  • D.Original
    D.Original Members Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Cosign what bobolah is sayin.

I've been in recovery for 3 years. Completely sober for 1 year. Its almost impossible to quit coldturkey but try to cut back or slow down. Look to replace your addictive habits with good haabits. Read exercise meditate and be creative.

Imo tho the most important thing you must do to get past this is to change your thinking. Your thoughts are what is causing you to feel depressed which causes you to drink. Learn to control your thoughts and your feelings will follow. Its not easy tho and it takes time and effort and most of all awareness. You gotta pay attention to each thought and recognize what is gona trigger those bad feelings. Then you gotta find a way to chnge or control thse thoughts.

Youve already made the first step by admitting you got a problem and reaching out for help. Youll be alright. Just keep going in the right direction and you'll find your solution.
  • Ilike2get baked
    Ilike2get baked Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't speak for another human but when I get in my depressive state I don't think about the flawed and ? up man that I am but instead think about the man that I am destined to be. I can't allow external and internal ? and circumstances to bring me down...I've lost enough time doing that and that's one of the most important things that I found that there is...Time.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOLCL wrote: »
    SneakDZA wrote: »

I never knew this, what can you get vitamin b in?

I just take a b complex which is usually labeled as b-100. anything with b-1, b-2, b6 and b12 will work. But specifically for mood issues b6 is the most important one since it regulates your body's production of serotonin. it won't miraculously cure depression but it will at least stabilize your serotonin levels so you don't have crazy mood swings.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hold ya head homie I 100% feel where u coming from ..Its a struggle but It does get better
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my ? as long as you're alive there's a chance for it to get better
  • trendsetta1030
    trendsetta1030 Members Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U might b on to sum… I smoke errynite till I pass out most times
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Keep your head up and good luck my dude.