Addiction and Depression

Options
124»

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't speak for another human but when I get in my depressive state I don't think about the flawed and ? up man that I am but instead think about the man that I am destined to be. I can't allow external and internal ? and circumstances to bring me down...I've lost enough time doing that and that's one of the most important things that I found that there is...Time.

Cs this I do the same thing
  • gonemad44
    gonemad44 Members Posts: 21
    Options
    Much respect for speaking on your struggles and to everyone who has shown support. The road to recovery won't be easy, but stay with it and appreciate every victory. Try to remember the things you are grateful for, and call on those things to help you through
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm pulling for you, bruh. Always remember: never give your power away.

Me, personally, I don't have any addictions, but there's a lot I'm going through(looking for employment, about to be on probation in a couple days + a F4 on my record for something I was listed as the victim in, back when I was a STNA, bills being due and not having the money for it), but I don't allow myself to get stressed or depressed. My medicine is training: Monday-Friday, high-volume and very intense. Instead of letting my problems get to me, I just take it out on the weights at the gym- a perfect therapy for me.

I know you can do it, you just have to believe in yourself.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Good to see a real thread in g&s...

All positive input is good input....there is plenty already posted so take the bits that apply and keep on fighting...

#Theresbeautyinthestruggle-#LoveYourz
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Me, personally, I don't have any addictions, but there's a lot I'm going through(looking for employment, about to be on probation in a couple days + a F4 on my record for something I was listed as the victim in, back when I was a STNA, bills being due and not having the money for it), but I don't allow myself to get stressed or depressed. My medicine is training: Monday-Friday, high-volume and very intense. Instead of letting my problems get to me, I just take it out on the weights at the gym- a perfect therapy for me.

I get off probation in 13 days lol
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never been the type to pass my inner turmoil on to others. I feel what you saying but....

My struggles are my struggles and I'd rather share with a qualified audience that is capable to comprehend and honestly sympathize with whatever I'm going through.

I applaud your candid post but these ? aint ? and this site is no place for revelations.
  • King_MOEbra
    King_MOEbra Members Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

I get off probation in 13 days lol

lol Man, I don't even know how long mines will be. I'm still out on bond.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never been the type to pass my inner turmoil on to others. I feel what you saying but....

My struggles are my struggles and I'd rather share with a qualified audience that is capable to comprehend and honestly sympathize with whatever I'm going through.

I applaud your candid post but these ? aint ? and this site is no place for revelations.

Sometimes those golden moments happen in a strangers words.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm addicted because I'm depressed
    and I'm depressed because I'm addicted
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    @Dallas ..... we all either got problems or have had them before to come along our life EVERYBODY, no one is perfect. Just know that im pullin for you to do what ever it is you need to do to get over this, sorry to hear about your potna. I thought I was a failure when I dropped out of college my freshman year.... thought I was a failure to my entire family even though i have relatives who graduated college, i just wanted to make my mom proud more than anything who at the time was dealing with cancer herself.But I was blessed with other opportunities and I was able to deal with that and look past it.

Get the help that you need my brother...and next time you get overly excessive with the drinking, just know you have loved ones that want to see you make it, you're not going to let them down are you?
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cool, great! but I mean this is the GROWN and sexy section of the forum you would expect and hope to have a mature following to come here.... If anything I will not take one of my fellow brothers sorrow for granted.... internet or personally.
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dont be an agent of your own destruction. Put the drugs away and face your problems one at a time.

Sometimes things are out of your hand man, and a good practice is to ask yourself if there is something you can do TODAY as of right now to help a situation thats bugging you. If not then kick it and move on. Sitting in the woulda/shouldas too long is going to have you haunted.

Peace and positivity to you.

• shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Alcoholism is an obsession of the mind that condemns one to drink and an allergy of the body that condemns one to die."
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As an avid weed smoker, i had to put it down.
    don't fool yourself into thinking that just because it's weed you can't get addicted.

I'm actually a diagnosed manic depressive and I was thinking about getting on meds, but a part of me refuses to. (I was on them when i was younger and i turned into a zombie )
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    @dallas' 4 eva
    Bruh...for 5+ years I dealt w/ somebody in my life who was a bipolar, depressed, alcoholic. Before going through that, I will admit that I was one of those people who looked down on people like that. To me it seemed like they were just weak minded/willed. I could not fathom letting a substance have that much control over me...? did not compute. However, after dealing w/ that person for so long I had an entirely different outlook on their problem. I have stories for days related to that one person and their battle w/ depression and alcoholism. I was there to bail them out of jail when they caught DUI charges, and their underage kids were at home alone. I was there through the nights of getting that call to come pick them up because they were to ? to drive home. I was the one trying to prevent them from committing suicide. I was the one getting cussed out and fighting w/ them when I tried to hide their liquor bottles. I could go on and on and on. I know that it's a struggle fam. You have already made it past the first step of admitting that you have a problem. Now you have to come up w/ a plan to help you deal w/ that problem. Does alcoholism & depression run in your family?