Rick Ross vs. Young Jeezy: Who is the better lyricist?

Options

Comments

• Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Exaggeration is ok. It is music. You right.
    Do I believe every single thing to come outta Jeezy's mouth? No. ? , I know not even to believe every thing that comes outta my own mouth, so I'd be a fool to think a rapper doesn't lie, let alone a gangsta-rapper or trapstar like Jeezy.
    But.....at the same time, you do (well I do), need to hear some of that real ? , like when you hear Nas rappin bout killin people or whatever, you kno he just kickin the stories of the hood, whereas with Ross, he act like he live it, he act like he is Freeway Ricky.
    He ain't. He's lying.
    His whole story is just a fairy tale he's put together from movies and rap and real g'z.

His music is dope, I listen to him, but at the same time, he won't ever be held as high in my mind as say a Jeezy, coz Jeezy exaggerates to make the music seem bigger than life, but atleast he just exaggerating, he ain't lying.
    I don't know how to explain it really.

Pac > B.I.G (Coz he was on some real ? , yes big was heaps better lyrically, but to me, it didn't outweigh how real Pac was).
    Jeezy > Ross (Sure Ross is more lyrical, not by too much, but Jeezy just realer, you can feel it in his music, so Ross bein just above him lyrically, doesn't outweigh the fact he a liar).

The best MC's alive in my eyes, are the ones who can blend lyricism with bein trill. Jay does that perfectly.

Pac was a average lyricist but just coz of how real he was, he is my #1 rapper ever.

That gotta be some of the dumbest most hypocritical ? I ever read
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    oh wow
    i was with you kinda until you said jay was trill
  • DaPrinciplez
    DaPrinciplez Members Posts: 1,148
    edited July 2010
    Options
    how u gon say bein real>>>lyrical than say clipse(the lyrical group)>>>>rosay and jeezy..

and did u happen to see that malice video where he showed his mini van and basically said they be lyin????

Oh you mean the one they did just after they manager got done bein the head of that multi million dollar coke ring?
    The one where they are like "we don't know a damn thing about anything concerning drugs sir, whats drugs sir, we just make music mr. f.b.i agent sir."? That video?

Oh haha.....and here I was sittin here thinkin, they tryin to cover their bases, they don't wanna strike out, not from their pasts finally catching up now that everyone they ? with gettin fed time. Nah....really, they never sold a thing, they just rappers.
  • ImGettingOld
    ImGettingOld Members Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Them Clipse ? some fake mofuckas though, them ? grew up in the burbs alot of this ? is hypocritical

Clipse dont seem fake at all
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Oh you mean the one they did just after they manager got done bein the head of that multi million dollar coke ring?
    The one where they are like "we don't know a damn thing about anything concerning drugs sir, whats drugs sir, we just make music mr. f.b.i agent sir."? That video?

Oh haha.....and here I was sittin here thinkin, they tryin to cover their bases, they don't wanna strike out, not from their pasts finally catching up now that everyone they ? with gettin fed time. Nah....really, they never sold a thing, they just rappers.

Are you from England or Canada???
  • DaPrinciplez
    edited July 2010
    Options
    oh wow
    i was with you kinda until you said jay was trill

Yeah. I ain't necessarily talking trill bout the d-boy past, I just mean how he spits now, he does him ya kno, he raps what he knows. He doesn't do anythin else but rap what he knows. Thats trill to me. Thats what I consider trill, doin you is trill. Being real with yaself.
    That gotta be some of the dumbest most hypocritical ? I ever read

Thats cool. I don't need you to co-sign a thing I say, I know what I'm talking bout. You ain't gotta. You wanna say that I can't lose respect for a rapper for lyin in their music but yet respect one who exaggerates........thats cool, I can see how you might find that hypocritical, I just call it how I see it though.

Jeezy realer, Jeezy better.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options

? , neither u nor i believe a word u just typed...cut it out b...

based on ur previous post, u cant have it both ways, is u supportin real ? or lyrical ? ..make ya mind up...
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options

Ross homie serving life for a 100 murders, and running a multi million dollar ? ring, he real too then by your standards
  • hrap-120
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Ross homie serving life for a 100 murders, and running a multi million dollar ? ring

Is that dude from Switzerland or Australia??
  • ImGettingOld
    ImGettingOld Members Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Ross homie serving life for a 100 murders, and running a multi million dollar ? ring, he real too then by your standards

The real deal is the Carol City Cartel which was founded by Kenneth "Boobie" Williams, the infamous leader of the notorious Boobie Boys. Before being apprehended by the FBI, Williams passed the rap gauntlet to his protégé Ross. According to America's Most Wanted, "Williams was operating an $85 million drug empire from South Florida that was feeding over 25 Florida cities and 12 states with ? . Police say Williams is believed to have taken part in 35 killings.

To the public Boobie Williams was nothing more than a drug dealer with a murder, but to Ross he was a friend and a mentor. "To me, Kenneth "Boobie" Williams is to the Carroll City Cartel with Larry Hoover was to the Gangster Disciples in Chicago," says Ross
  • DaPrinciplez
    edited July 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    Are you from England or Canada???

Australia. Why? You should probably know that by now.
    ? , neither u nor i believe a word u just typed...cut it out b...

based on ur previous post, u cant have it both ways, is u supportin real ? or lyrical ? ..make ya mind up...

You must not be reading what I'm saying clearly then coz I'm not lying and not once did I say you couldn't support both.
    I LIKE RICK ROSS. I THINK HIS MUSIC IS ? . I BEEN A ROSS FAN SINCE PORT OF MIAMI. (Even if i laughed at his lyrical ability).

But I take every little aspect of a rapper and they career into account when I say who they better than.
    I'd say lyricism is the biggest factor, with bein trill followin close behind......I used to hate Jeezy, sayin he couldnt rap and ? , then I realised, he wasnt tryin to be Nas, he was a different kind of rapper and the ? felt certified.

Look at it like this. Rick Ross isn't that much better than Jeezy lyrically. Lets say Ross is a 6 and Jeezy a 4, but in terms of bein trill Ross like a 2 and Jeezy an 8/9....do the math, Jeezy gets more points and thats just for bein trill.
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    yea thats cool and all, but ur argument goes out da window when u mention clipse bein so called "trilla" than rawse...

but to be honest, "trill"ness shouldnt matter..i dont give no ? , all dese ? could be lyin, they aint obligated...
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Ross more lyrical but I like Jeezy more!
  • hrap-120
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Australia. Why? You should probably know that by now.

You must not be reading what I'm saying clearly then coz I'm not lying and not once did I say you couldn't support both.
    I LIKE RICK ROSS. I THINK HIS MUSIC IS ? . I BEEN A ROSS FAN SINCE PORT OF MIAMI. (Even if i laughed at his lyrical ability).

But I take every little aspect of a rapper and they career into account when I say who they better than.
    I'd say lyricism is the biggest factor, with bein trill followin close behind......I used to hate Jeezy, sayin he couldnt rap and ? , then I realised, he wasnt tryin to be Nas, he was a different kind of rapper and the ? felt certified.

Look at it like this. Rick Ross isn't that much better than Jeezy lyrically. Lets say Ross is a 6 and Jeezy a 4, but in terms of bein trill Ross like a 2 and Jeezy an 8/9....do the math, Jeezy gets more points and thats just for bein trill.

I cant keep track of y'all, alot of y'all look the same.

2mypvkw.jpg

O.K. cool i just wanted to see why your opinion sounded so clueless, you are an Aussie like Mel Gibson....I bet you look like D.J. Vlad.

DjVlad-BEATUP2.jpg
  • DaPrinciplez
    edited July 2010
    Options

That ain't just what makes me think The Clipse are real. It helps, but it ain't it.

I just don't believe the ? some people say.....Ross is one of them.

I've never once, not even when Port Of Miami had just dropped and everyone was like Rick Ross is the ? maaaan. I was like, dude just said "I kno the real Norega, he owe me a hundred favours".....everyday he hustlin, cool, the ? went hard, still does. BUT I DONT BELIEVE IT.

Soon as I heard I think it was Malice (from the Clipse) "My grind bout family never been about fame, days i wasnt able, there was always cane, 4 and a half will get you in da game, anythin less is just a ? damn shame" hahaha.....theres a difference between the way Rick Ross spits and Malice or Pusha T or Jeezy.
    I don't believe him, I believe Jeezy and The Clipse. You don't have too.
  • georgia boi
    georgia boi Members Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    As a lyricist and as an overall rapper, Ross >>>> Jeezy. Jeezy's music is entertaining though.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ^^ aye that immobilarity disc got some slept on hits on there, copped it 1st day it had dropped.

back to the topic , Ross.

only reason that album is considered a sophomore slump is because he didnt work with ghost and rza on it, other than that immobalarity is a banger, ego is the reason raekwon could hardly remain relevant up until last year
  • therealist_
    therealist_ Members Posts: 3,389 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Young Jeezy ? on Rick Ross .
  • mindright
    mindright Members Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Rick Ross

My opinions changed about him after I heard Cigar Music... very dope song...

but he's still a fake, talented, but a fake.
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Young Jeezy

stan post..........
  • flushill401
    flushill401 Members Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I voted they both equally suck.
  • mr.getwitcha
    mr.getwitcha Members Posts: 2,459 ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    That ain't just what makes me think The Clipse are real. It helps, but it ain't it.

I just don't believe the ? some people say.....Ross is one of them.

I've never once, not even when Port Of Miami had just dropped and everyone was like Rick Ross is the ? maaaan. I was like, dude just said "I kno the real Norega, he owe me a hundred favours".....everyday he hustlin, cool, the ? went hard, still does. BUT I DONT BELIEVE IT.

Soon as I heard I think it was Malice (from the Clipse) "My grind bout family never been about fame, days i wasnt able, there was always cane, 4 and a half will get you in da game, anythin less is just a ? damn shame" hahaha.....theres a difference between the way Rick Ross spits and Malice or Pusha T or Jeezy.
    I don't believe him, I believe Jeezy and The Clipse. You don't have too.

You must be 14?

Getwitcha
  • tab58064
    tab58064 Members Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    I think this is the best comparison for either rapper. They are both average rappers who are great at picking beats, my question is not who makes the better music, it's squarely who is the better lyricist.

I personally have to go with Ross, That "Mafia Music" showed me that dude can get kinda lyrical when he wants.
    I agree. Ross is more versatile also.
  • Ajax McJones
    Ajax McJones Members Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I voted they both equally suck.

this ^^^^^^
  • BiLLZ333
    BiLLZ333 Members Posts: 480
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i mean ross can rap. but he showed he was a ? in his CO drama. Its kinda sad but that exposed alot about his character. i ? wit jeezy hard, he got good lines, and dont feel like im listening to a complete fraud. jeezy probably didnt go to jail because they firgured his rap career was the new cash cow and jeezy pays alot of peoples bills. so they kept him out. i hear what dude is sayin it does matter if all your selling is your credibility and your cred is shot.