Now that the Season Is Over 4 Most of Us How Can Your Team Improve? (NFL)

Comments

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    as coaches i wanted harbaugh but that wont happen

Maybe interview rex ryan..todd bowles...i want a proven coach
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Titans:

- First and foremost. fire ruston webster the gm. he is the sole person that is responsible for the mess we're in. his drafts have been ? . he's overpaid for players who produced little to nothing (chris johnson, levitre) and has let go players who went to produce elsewhere (ayers, verner). he also doesnt know how to evaluate talent to save his life and has invested millions into fixing the o-line but it still looks like ? .

- I heard he was the primary reason for whisenhunt coming here too. but honestly if he decided to leave as well, i say dont let the door hit his ass on the way out. a very telling stat. in his last 28 games he's gone 3-25. now i understand this is his first season and he may need time. but his dubious challenges and playcalling has me questioning if he's even that good. he took a munchak-led team and made them look even worse. tommy smith publicly stated that he's tired of losing and wants to see change, yet is content with keeping both webster and whisenhunt. put the kripsy kreme doughnut down you fat ? . they're a major part of the problem right now

- Now onto what i believe we can do to fix this. even though i have little to no faith this will play out this way if webster is still in charge. but if there is any glimmer of hope entering in the draft its that we have the #2 draft spot. which is a spot we havent had in the longest due to us always basking in the depths of mediocrity which in turn lands us with a middle-of-the-road draft pick. year in and out. with such a high pick, we now have the flexibility of trading down or the possibility of selecting an instant playmaker. i honestly wouldnt mind us trading down to acquire more picks because only one knows we can use as many as we can to fix this abortion of a team. but if we were to select a player at 2, i either want leonard williams or randy gregory. we've ignored defense in the draft for so long and it shows. we're ranked second last in points allowed and cant stop the run to save our lives. im just imagining williams paired up with casey. that front 7 will mask alot of the deficiences we have on the defensive side of the ball

- What i hope we dont do however is waste the top pick on another qb. we tried that already 2 times and its set the franchise back for a total of 8 years. i say roll with mett. now he might not be the answer as well. but neither is any qb in this draft. esp. wasting a top pick over. in his limited time of playing, mett did a good job with what he had. consider this. out of all the rookie qb's this draft, he has the highest quarterback rating and ypa. and that was with a depleted o-line and virtually no one to throw to. only qb i would take over him is bridgewater. yea this team has many more needs to address than qb. either trade down or draft a defensive playmaker. get a power back in FA and fix this horrid team

• S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    49ers

Without the rant about our stupid ass owner... Harbaugh should still be the coach just switch out the Offensive coordinator.

Anyway I don't know if they will hire within or not. But Vic Fangio and Jim Tomsula need to be on the coaching staff next season.

Its sad Ellington was injured most the season he has the speed to help keep teams honest and take the top off a defense. We could use another speedster with height in the WR corp.

Keep Anquan and Stevie... Crabtree only if he ain't on that rookie "holdout/pay me ? ."

I don't know what happened to VD but he's in the same boat as Crabtree.

Tank and Dial need to be playing full time next season. But still need depth especially if Cowboy retires and Ray Mac gone.

Whoever is in charge on offense needs to determine can the line efficiently pass block in their scheme. Because it could be a bunch of changes there.

Lol @ the pro bowlers... they got in on name recognition.

I want Gore back but Hyde needs to take the reins. If not I really wouldn't be mad at Gurley in the draft.

The secondary is boom or bust and the pass rush was just as inconsistent. Another corner wouldn't hurt but I'd like to see Lynch and Aldon full time next season. I like Ahmad but he was the most inconsistent.

Kaep has his fault in the offense being so bad but the next hire is going to have to be good with him, it's easy to say get rid of him but it's not likely... so he just has to find a way to make a work with the next HC/OC. This hire will make or break what happens especially on offense.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Season not over but we need a pass rusher.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Guards. Cut both them ? that's there.

All New LBs

A second CB to go with Lewis keep P. Robinson as nickle CB cut White asap.

A big play WR. (A. Cooper) cut Colston and Meacham.

O-line and D-Line 1st cpl rounds.
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BILLS

The biggest problems seem to be offensively. Number one, first and foremost, they need a quarterback. E.J. Manuel just doesn't have the stuff to be a marquee quarterback. I look at him, and I see Buffalo's version of Mark Sanchez.

The offensive line needs shoring up, and they need a running back that can stay healthy. I knew it was a huge mistake to get rid of J.J. Watt, and I see that I was right.

There are several games that they lost that they should have won, and would have if all the offensure pieces had been in place. No way they should have lost to the ? -ass Raiders.

This is a team with potential, but they need to fill in the gaps before they can be contenders.
  • Parallel
    Parallel Members, Writer Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chargers don't even need a great o-line, literally just any group of 5 men that are around 300+ pounds that can stay healthy for 10+ weeks will be an upgrade.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Green Birds:

10-6 last year, 10-6 this year. Progress made: ZERO.

Chip has his work cut out for him.

Priority #1 - FIX THE SECONDARY. Draft, trade, sign, I don't care....DO IT. Between Dez, DeSean, and Odell/Victor Cruz (not to mention also the NFC South and AFC East + MegaTron & the Cardinals yet again), the Eagle secondary will be tested A LOT in 2015. This ? won't work with ? -ass Cary Williams & Bradley Fletcher back there. (especially when Williams is out here saying THIS stupid ? .) Take the hint Chip, and get him what we like to call "the ? out." Promote Brandon Boykin. That guy is ALL RIGHT. He should be leading them back there going forward.
    I'd say fire the DC, Bill whatever-the-? -his-name-is, but Rex ain't taking no more DC jobs, Lovie will stay in Tampa, and Rob Ryan doesn't move me to be the savior of this defense, so we might be stuck with this dude. And get rid of this ? 3-4. We simply don't have the LB core to operate it, especially since the Birds were so thin at LB that they were starting Casey Matthews at one point, which is bad within itself. Go back to the 4-3, where Cole (which reminds me...bring him BACK. He's not a ? Linebacker and he put in WORK this year) and Connor Barwin can operate with maximum efficiency.

Priority #2 - Quarterback: Since Mariota will never find his way to us in Philly, find a way to make Nicki Free faster and more durable. If he is indeed the QB you're going with come September 2015 (and I'm willing to give him one more season to prove this), he's gotta be able to make plays and MOVE if receivers can't come open. If he can't go, I'd say keep Stinkchez as a back up, but ready to grab a 3rd string QB in case he starts ? up again, which he eventually will. Get Matt Barkley the ? outta Philly. That dude is useless.

Priority #3 - Grab another big bodied WR. Jordan Mathews had a pretty decent year, but they need a 3rd dependable guy with game breaking speed, and Riley Cooper ain't it. He NEVER was, which is why we're all mad at them letting Desean go in the first place. That came back to ? us in the end. Maclin's solid, Matthews is good, Josh Huff should be groomed for WR duty, but Coop's gotta go.
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Green Birds:

10-6 last year, 10-6 this year. Progress made: ZERO.

Chip has his work cut out for him.

Priority #1 - FIX THE SECONDARY. Draft, trade, sign, I don't care....DO IT. Between Dez, DeSean, and Odell/Victor Cruz (not to mention also the NFC South and AFC East + MegaTron & the Cardinals yet again), the Eagle secondary will be tested A LOT in 2015. This ? won't work with ? -ass Cary Williams & Bradley Fletcher back there. (especially when Williams is out here saying THIS stupid ? .) Take the hint Chip, and get him what we like to call "the ? out." Promote Brandon Boykin. That guy is ALL RIGHT. He should be leading them back there going forward.
    I'd say fire the DC, Bill whatever-the-? -his-name-is, but Rex ain't taking no more DC jobs, Lovie will stay in Tampa, and Rob Ryan doesn't move me to be the savior of this defense, so we might be stuck with this dude. And get rid of this ? 3-4. We simply don't have the LB core to operate it, especially since the Birds were so thin at LB that they were starting Casey Matthews at one point, which is bad within itself. Go back to the 4-3, where Cole (which reminds me...bring him BACK. He's not a ? Linebacker and he put in WORK this year) and Connor Barwin can operate with maximum efficiency.

Priority #2 - Quarterback: Since Mariota will never find his way to us in Philly, find a way to make Nicki Free faster and more durable. If he is indeed the QB you're going with come September 2015 (and I'm willing to give him one more season to prove this), he's gotta be able to make plays and MOVE if receivers can't come open. If he can't go, I'd say keep Stinkchez as a back up, but ready to grab a 3rd string QB in case he starts ? up again, which he eventually will. Get Matt Barkley the ? outta Philly. That dude is useless.

Priority #3 - Grab another big bodied WR. Jordan Mathews had a pretty decent year, but they need a 3rd dependable guy with game breaking speed, and Riley Cooper ain't it. He NEVER was, which is why we're all mad at them letting Desean go in the first place. That came back to ? us in the end. Maclin's solid, Matthews is good, Josh Huff should be groomed for WR duty, but Coop's gotta go.

I'm hearing McCoy might not be back
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless Shady wants $15M a year, there's no reason he shouldn't have on Eagle green next year.
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steelers are in but we need to fix our secondary.Draft another TE and pick up a backup rb in free agency
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    S.jR. wrote: »
    49ers

Without the rant about our stupid ass owner... Harbaugh should still be the coach just switch out the Offensive coordinator.

Anyway I don't know if they will hire within or not. But Vic Fangio and Jim Tomsula need to be on the coaching staff next season.

Its sad Ellington was injured most the season he has the speed to help keep teams honest and take the top off a defense. We could use another speedster with height in the WR corp.

Keep Anquan and Stevie... Crabtree only if he ain't on that rookie "holdout/pay me ? ."

Tank and Dial need to be playing full time next season. But still need depth especially if Cowboy retires and Ray Mac gone.

Whoever is in charge on offense needs to determine can the line efficiently pass block in their scheme. Because it could be a bunch of changes there.

I want Gore back but Hyde needs to take the reins. If not I really wouldn't be mad at Gurley in the draft.

The secondary is boom or bust and the pass rush was just as inconsistent. Another corner wouldn't hurt but I'd like to see Lynch and Aldon full time next season. I like Ahmad but he was the most inconsistent.

Kaep has his fault in the offense being so bad but the next hire is going to have to be good with him, it's easy to say get rid of him but it's not likely... so he just has to find a way to make a work with the next HC/OC. This hire will make or break what happens especially on offense.

Kaep is garbage...I see his leash being real short
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Unless Shady wants $15M a year, there's no reason he shouldn't have on Eagle green next year.

No running back no matter how goos they are will get $15mil/year. RBs are too easily replaceable.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    love the trestman and emery firings there is no room for nfl coaches wearing nerd glasses on the sidelines its just not right and the more i listened the more i understood that while they both may be nerds they definitely werent smart so they were lousy nerds at that but no bigger move was made than moving the guy who never touched the work he just watched you touch the work to the business side of operations where he belongs

ted phillips should have never been in charge of football ? this move has been needing to happen for a while its time to do what successful organizations do and have people with actual football knowledge run things

its not a new day yet but i like the direction they are going so im more interested to see who they bring in next to ted phillips more than anything else
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    R.D. wrote: »
    S.jR. wrote: »
    49ers

Kaep is garbage...I see his leash being real short

I see him getting another season or two. IF the new staff can't get him going they'll go for his replacement next offseason and have them battle it out the second season.

I could even see them drafting a replacement this season at least to challenge.
  • fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    YOu already know. Deadskins SMH

Front office: Get a new director of player personnel. Scott Campbell cannot scout.

Coaching: Fire Haslett. Keep Raheem Morris but his ass is on notice. He gets a pass because he had WOAT secondary to work with. Lock Gruden in a room with RG3 for 20 hours a day to make him a better QB

Offense: Draft a RT, RG, LG. Cut the ? out of Tyler Polumbo, demote Compton. Matter of fact the only linemen that I want starting next year are Trent Williams and Lichtensteger (he alright). Our weapons are straight across the board. Pay Desean whatever he wants. Keep Garcon (had a bad year but mostly b/c of QB play. Build a hospital in the stadium to keep Jordan Reed healthy and get him to that Tiki Barber school of carrying the football so as not to fumble. Keep RG3 out the gym and lock him in the film room so he can learn to read the field and make decisions faster.

Defense: Keep Keenan Robinson, Kerrigan, Breeland. Everyone else is expendable. Acquire three new starters in the secondary. (Even if D-Hall is back, he won't be starting material probably.) Release E.J. Biggers, make damn sure Ryan Clark retire, continually punch Amerson in the face until he man up and stop playing like a ? . Get rid of Orakpo, Jason Hatcher because both are weak and not worth whatever money they want.

• fightforolddc
    fightforolddc Members Posts: 981 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and trade Cousins if possible. I can't take another offseason of controversy between him and Bob. I'm not firmly in the "Give Robert more time" camp because it's year 4 and he still don't know how to read a defense. But he's better than Kirk and it'll continue to be a distraction if both are on the roster.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eagles:

Cut the whole secondary
    Figure out QB situation
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    ckfree wrote: »
    love the trestman and emery firings there is no room for nfl coaches wearing nerd glasses on the sidelines its just not right and the more i listened the more i understood that while they both may be nerds they definitely werent smart so they were lousy nerds at that but no bigger move was made than moving the guy who never touched the work he just watched you touch the work to the business side of operations where he belongs

ted phillips should have never been in charge of football ? this move has been needing to happen for a while its time to do what successful organizations do and have people with actual football knowledge run things

its not a new day yet but i like the direction they are going so im more interested to see who they bring in next to ted phillips more than anything else

nevermind

apparently they are just hiring some dude to consult that isnt expected to stay with the team let alone have final say and whats crazy is the owner was asked who takes the fall for hiring emery and trestman and he essentially answered nobody

2m3ic1j.jpg

this guy is the devil

'shes ? off'

lmao apparently not enough to keep teflon ted out of the hiring process though theyve already blown it i dont know ? about the guy they hired to consult but he was deemed a good fit because he once worked for george halas and had some type of relationship with brian piccolo smfh see thats the problem right there they stay obssesed with the past that nobody but them give a ? about -- that press conference was a joke it was so contrived the funniest part was when george mccaskey started to shake and get emotional as he was grabbing his suit jacket when he was talking about how his mother was so maaad

i expect them to hire a gm who has never been a gm and a head coach who has never been a head coach because they come cheaper

same old bears
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »

All New LBs

U don't like Lofton?

• HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    HulkHustle wrote: »
    Find a QB

Guess I can expand on this.

Re-sign Mallet would be my first choice. If you can't sign him gotta draft a QB within the first 2 rounds of the draft. Free agent QB crop this year is terrible. Maybe Cutler might be available for trade but I don't want his ass here.

Other areas of need:
    LB(Cushing is on the downside of his career, Clowney probably won't be back until midseason, and Brooks Reed is a FA)

Safety(Swearinger can't cover for ? and our free safety is a FA)

WR(Dre da GOAT getting up in age plus I don't even know if he'll be here next year. Hopkins needs a partner and crime. Move dre to the Slot.)

OL(Can never have enough Lineman)

RB(? Foster stays getting hurt. Need to think about the future. Alfred Blue is a good young back but idk if he can carry the load by himself)

TE(? TEs we had scored 2 touchdowns all year. If we're gonna run a new england style offenses we need better production from that spot)
  • MeTaL
    MeTaL Members Posts: 6,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for my Giants

Our Tops Needs are

Pass Rushers

Linebackers

and Safety's

Offense at this point is not the problem.. Eli just need to learn not to force ? .. and the OL may need a little bit of tweaking. Penalties and turnovers killed us this season. JPP our last best defensive player may be on his way out if they can't get deal done by march.. Once FA comes in. We already lost Tuck and OSI this ? will hurt. JPP may ask for more money. So he may be outta here. We trying keep the same core. Not trying to spend alot of money. Just some tweaks.

Top free Agents for Safety's for 2015 that the Giant can look to sign.

Devin Mccourty, Darian Stewart and Ron Parker

Top FA Linebackers for 2015 that the Giants can look to sign.

Devin Harris, Rey Maualuga and Akeem Ayers

As for Top FA Pass Rushers the Giants can look to sign in 2015

Greg Hardy, Justin Houston and Jerry Hughes. (Suh said he was entertaining thoughts of signing with the Giants We'll see)

• Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MallyG wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »

All New LBs

U don't like Lofton?

He's straight.

We need better OLB.