Iran supreme leader uses Twitter to blast US and says #BlackLivesMatter

Options
Arya Tsaddiq
Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
Iran supreme leader uses Twitter to blast US and says #BlackLivesMatter

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/28/ayatollah-ali-khamenei-twitter-michael-brown-shooting
Iran’s supreme leader has stepped into the debate over police violence and race in America, likening police shootings of black people in Ferguson and elsewhere to the Palestinian struggle in Gaza in a series of tweets using the hashtag #BlackLivesMatter.

In a stream of comments on his English-language Twitter feed, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei on Sunday returned to a theme he has repeatedly struck since Michael Brown, an unarmed black teenager, was shot dead by police officer Darren Wilson in Missouri on 9 August. In his latest outpouring, Khamenei seeks to highlight what he sees as the hypocrisy of the US at Christmastime by suggesting a link between Jesus suffering for the oppressed and official oppression of protesters in Ferguson.

“#Jesus endured sufferings to oppose tyrants who had put humans in hell in this world& the hereafter while he backed the oppressed. #Ferguson” he tweeted.

In another post, from Christmas Eve, the ayatollah wrote: “If #Jesus were among us today he wouldn’t spare a second to fight the arrogants&support the oppressed.#Ferguson #Gaza”

When it comes to domestic US affairs, Khamenei is quite the regular commentator. In 2011, when Occupy protests were erupting across America, he predicted the movement would bring down the entire capitalist system.

After protests exploded in Ferguson after Brown’s death, he seized on the events to criticise race relations generally in the US. He wrote: “Today like previous years, African-Americans are still under pressure, oppressed and subjected to discrimination. #Ferguson”

When a grand jury decision sparing Wilson of any charges in Brown’s shooting was announced on 24 November, sparking disorder in Ferguson and further protests across the US, Khamenei returned to the theme. He accused the US government of being dishonest with its citizens, tweeting: “At events in #Ferguson US is fighting w its ppl. #BlackLivesMatter”

Khamenei’s English-language Twitter feed is unverified by the social media company. It is widely understood that the account is managed by the supreme leader’s personal office, though they too will neither confirm or deny it.

Its existence casts a sliver of light into the thinking of the man who has wielded ultimate power in Iran for the past 25 years, a time of ongoing tension with the US over the country’s nuclear programme. The Twitter feed also acts as a megaphone for official Iranian policy, with regular denunciations of the Israeli government and Zionism.

Comments

• nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    brown321 wrote: »
    I don't know, he probably said that because he know whites don't like it. I doubt he gives a damn about us.

this
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    brown321 wrote: »
    I don't know, he probably said that because he know whites don't like it. I doubt he gives a damn about us.

Wouldn't expect him to care more about our plight than his own peoples. But he could have got his.message across in another manner if his intent was upset white Americans. He is just sympathetic to the struggle because of what is happening to his people. I'll take it.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Options
    pralims wrote: »
    he dont really give a fukk...

but the thing is....people know to take down america you have to strike them from within.

white people created such an enemy in the country.

if iran, north korea, china and russia all say we are attacking america but wont ? blacks.....

watch how ? changes.

they are taking a page from the book created by the US.

assist and prop up and give morale boosters to the rebels of those you want to attack.

black people built this country and will be the ones to tear it down from the inside.

you might be right with this.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He prolly doesn't like black people either, he's just doing this to ? white people off
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingSimba wrote: »

but the thing is....people know to take down america you have to strike them from within.

if iran, north korea, china and russia all say we are attacking america but wont ? blacks.....

watch how ? changes.

assist and prop up and give morale boosters to the rebels of those you want to attack.

black people built this country and will be the ones to tear it down from the inside.

you might be right with this.

Might be? This is spot on analysis, but guess what im nobodies ? . TPTB also cant wait for real civil unrest to pop off.
  • Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm very refreshed to know all the minds in this thread are sharp enough to see through this ? .
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

watch how ? changes.

Charles Manson had the same plan. They likely all have the same endgame in mind as him as well.

But at the same time it's not inconceivable that even though the message is politically motivated it just happens to be obvious to the rest of the world that something is terribly wrong with the US justice system.
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pralims is on point. I'm on twitter now reading the responses. Last week whites called us blacks "them" and started talking about civil war now they mindfucked and embarrassed at the comment talking about some "us americans" now
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nazis was doing this ? in ww2. Not buying it.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? like this does more harm than good. Crazy ass white people think that when someone like this doesn't like what they're doing, they must be doing something right.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its weird hearibg about world leadera tweeting and ? like what is the process of that im sure they don't just pick up their phone and

Be like I got some real ? to say.

? gota hit up award winning writers and vice presidents nuclear physicists doctors m:13, @iron man1‌ aka tony stark and doctor who

to put out a tweet that says gogurt is the bomb

To not accidentally start a war
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Props to Iran's leader for seeing the fuckery going on here, even if it's just to score political points, he's still right.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »
    I may be in the minority here but I don't think Blacks are hated worldwide as much as everybody thinks...when Blacks in America stand up and fight, asians, middle easterners, latin americans, tend to show respect.

Problem is half the time we don't even be fighting

Remember middle Eastern started the slave trade which still exist today. They still want you to become Muslim.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I may be in the minority here but I don't think Blacks are hated worldwide as much as everybody thinks...when Blacks in America stand up and fight, asians, middle easterners, latin americans, tend to show respect.

Remember middle Eastern started the slave trade which still exist today. They still want you to become Muslim.

Yeah but they didn't just target Africans. They were enslaving white people too. Anybody who didn't pray 5 times a day to Mecca was about to get that work. They had Europeans shook..until they didn't have them shook anymore.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I aint to sure about some of them asian countries....
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Knew it was so.e propaganda when I read the title. He's just doing it to ? of America . He does not give a ? . Watch some civil rights leaders fall for this.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

I aint to sure about some of them asian countries....

honestly me neither, but the whole Ferguson thing and how all the different groups showed support kind of got me thinking.

The Palestinians are fighting the exact same war as us. We as Blacks shouldn't be so apathetic to their struggle. Any atrocity done to them can be done to us. The same IDF that's slaughtering Palestinian children over there is training police departments over here.

Zionism is white Supremacy too.
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree that he don't give a ? about us but at the same time the people on here saying that jump through rings of fire to get white acceptance and we know for a fact they don't give a ? about us