Arrests plummet 66% with NYPD in virtual work stoppage

FourEfil
FourEfil Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2014 in The Social Lounge
It’s not a slowdown — it’s a virtual work stoppage.

NYPD traffic tickets and summonses for minor offenses have dropped off by a staggering 94 percent following the execution of two cops — as officers feel betrayed by the mayor and fear for their safety, The Post has learned.

The dramatic drop comes as Police Commissioner Bill Bratton and Mayor Bill de Blasio plan to hold an emergency summit on Tuesday with the heads of the five police unions to try to close the widening rift between cops and the administration.

http://nypost.com/2014/12/29/arrests-plummet-following-execution-of-two-cops/

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like fewer people getting arrested isn't a bad thing, now when they aren't answering calls for robberies, rapes etc then it's newsworthy
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cops say people are thugs and stupid for protesting.Cops rebel against mayor and turn their back on him at a funeral.Really,isn't this hypocritical and ironic? Especially since the mayor is doing what he is suppose to do,protect the public as cops are supposed to.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smh they want complete immunity.

What would be awesome is if the communities responded by policing themselves, and get positive results thus proving the old way and some of the new ways of policing to be obsolete and barbaric.

Crime decreasing at the sametime would be great.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aren't these officers from the same department that had cops running into the Twin Towers as they were collapsing to save mostly white people?

Now 2 of y'all get shot in the line of the duty and y'all don't even wanna come outside?
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This goes to show that the NYPD could only perpetuate that fuckery because the communities that they were abusing allowed them to.

As soon as there's ANY resistance these people reveal themselves as the spineless fools that they are.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So 2.cops get shot and yall stop doing your jobs in a profession where u should expect to get shot at

Makes sense. I remember in Iraq the Battle of Faluja. One Marine got shot and General Aqua aborted the mission and demanded a meeting with the President.

They signed up to shoot people not get shot back. They didnt sign up for all this violence nonsense. It's dangerous ya know.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Well in the spirit of business, the city is still running. They are showing they are not necessarily needed. Why not lay them off to save money...

Hey everybody I stopped doing my job and......nothing happens..stats are actually better. Per the stats the public learned and stopped breaking the law. Here's the proof. Way to go.
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NYPD been soft since....
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proof that fighting back works.
  • cannonspike1994
    you got to speak there language the only language white supremacy knows is violence.
  • cannonspike1994
    its also proof that we dont need police state there should be complete anarchy if police activity dropped by 60%
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Proof that fighting back works.

Co-sign bro. Anarchy hasn't ruled the streets since cops in NY have turned ultra ? , and as they are being taught lessons in cities across the nation, they will learn to respect the public and our demands.

A smile comes to my face each time someone fights back. And I look forward to smiling some more....
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2014
    Stiff wrote: »
    This goes to show that the NYPD could only perpetuate that fuckery because the communities that they were abusing allowed them to.

As soon as there's ANY resistance these people reveal themselves as the spineless fools that they are.

You hit the nail on the head bro. Cops were being bullies because we ALLOWED them too. They saw they were zero repercussions for their ? and now that people are fighting back, they're back to being the ? many of them were to begin with. This is why I have said over and over again cops and the crooked system we're in respects violence AND protests together, not just protests. Like any other bully, if the possibility of violence or force isn't there, the bully will keep bullying. Cops are being taught a lesson and if they want the violence to stop, they gotta learn to respect our space.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    its also proof that we dont need police state
    now pair it with less voting for politicians that are pro-police state

• kingblaze84
    I wish people in NY would do something like this..... brave Ferguson protestors try to takeover and occupy crooked Ferguson police headquarters

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=655_1420160265#comment_page=4