Options

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    death is a mercy and pain trains the faithful. The story of eden is a metaphysical one that explains that existence of the human condition of suffering and death. The simple minded and overly emotional see humans born with deformities as proof that the world is flawed, this is ignorance. THE WORLD meaning nature is perfect for it's purpose which is to draw the people of ? closer to him. Now clearly it sucks to be born with no legs however this is not a flaw in nature it's actually part of nature.

when ? created the world suffering was not part of it but we are made in his image thus we have similar but very limited power, we unleashed sin and sin changed the nature of this world ? had nothing to do with it and holds no grudge, in fact ? has tried to help mankind. thus we have Christ.

If you want to escape even the possibility of pain then you have to die in Christ your soul will be saved. you want to limit the effects of pain on earth then you have to live like Christ and push others to do the same.

LORD HAVE MERCY lol....too funny man.

This is what it is you don't have to accept it but spreading lies and slander about a religion you don't understand is the reason why we have these arguments. not a thing I said was funny it was just the raw truth.

Someone being born with a hole in their heart isn't a flaw?

Someone being born with worms growing out of them isn't a flaw?

Someone being born a bubble boy and dying a bubble boy isn't a flaw in life?

Wow, well I used to date a doctor and I'll tell you this, those medical bills parents get from having kids with these flaws isn't perfection, I tell you that. I thought I was looking at fiction playing Dragon Age Inquisition for the PS3 but this has to take the cake right here.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    death is a mercy and pain trains the faithful. The story of eden is a metaphysical one that explains that existence of the human condition of suffering and death. The simple minded and overly emotional see humans born with deformities as proof that the world is flawed, this is ignorance. THE WORLD meaning nature is perfect for it's purpose which is to draw the people of ? closer to him. Now clearly it sucks to be born with no legs however this is not a flaw in nature it's actually part of nature.

when ? created the world suffering was not part of it but we are made in his image thus we have similar but very limited power, we unleashed sin and sin changed the nature of this world ? had nothing to do with it and holds no grudge, in fact ? has tried to help mankind. thus we have Christ.

If you want to escape even the possibility of pain then you have to die in Christ your soul will be saved. you want to limit the effects of pain on earth then you have to live like Christ and push others to do the same.

This is what it is you don't have to accept it but spreading lies and slander about a religion you don't understand is the reason why we have these arguments. not a thing I said was funny it was just the raw truth.

Someone being born without legs isn't a flaw? no

Someone being born with worms growing out of them isn't a flaw? no

Someone being born a bubble boy and dying a bubble boy isn't a flaw in life? no

Wow, well I used to date a doctor and I'll tell you this, those medical bills parents get from having kids with these flaws isn't perfection, I tell you that.

no, it's sad but it's all apart of nature. ? is not going to do what you want him to do , he's not going to be what you want him to be the universe and it's laws be they physical or spiritual do not revolve around human desires.

the world we have chosen is not his ideal it's not what he wanted for us but it still runs perfectly for it's purpose.
  • And_So_It_Burns
    And_So_It_Burns Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Something good happens...praise ?
    Something bad happens...we can't understand ? 's will

Replace ? with inanimate objects and it will be the same effect.

Something good happens...praise the sun
    Something bad happens...we can't understand the sun's will
  • kingblaze84
    Options

You nailed it.....
  • zombie
    Options

Actually we can know gods will when bad or good happen.

BAD THINGS HAPPEN PRAISE ?
    WHEN GOOD THINGS HAPPEN PRAISE ? .
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    Options
    alissowack wrote: »
    1. Yes, Jesus Christ is the image of the invisible ? . Before ? became flesh, He always existed as a Spirit for ? is Spirit and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth. Therefore Jesus Christ is the creator of all things! Yes, for by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist!

Why did ? create polio?
    2. Right, so I guess every ancient culture on planet earth separated by THOUSANDS of miles, seas, oceans, mountains, lakes, rivers, and continents all made up a story about a flood destroying all of humanity including all land and air animals except for a select few that were preserved on a boat?
    Well it wasn't every ancient culture and most weren't separated by oceans or even seas. But the story is absurd and only can be believed for religious reasons.

3. The solar system wasn't designed but yet everything is just right for life to flourish on this planet called earth?
    Interesting....
    99% of all life to ever exist is now extinct. Please explain how this is considered flourishing.

1. All sickness and disease finds it roots in the garden of Eden, not with ? . Our first parents, Adam and Eve, rebelled against ? through disobedience to His command. The result of their initial action has now worked itself out with the passage of time. Polio just happens to be one of the fruits of a sin sick world.

But thanks be to ? that the story doesn't end with sin, but with salvation! The Lord Jesus Christ, the last Adam, came to fix what the first Adam messed up. And if you come to Him by faith, trusting not only with an intellectual consent, but by believing in your heart that Jesus Christ is who He says He is and that He did what He said He did, you will be saved!

And this is the guarantee:

"And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:39-40

So the question is, do you want Jesus? That is the question! Do you want peace with ? ? That is the question! Do you want every tear wiped away? That is the question! Do you want a tomorrow with no more sorrows? That is the question! Do you want to inherit ALL things? That is the question!

2. Google is your friend. But hey what are friends for?

http://history-world.org/floods.htm

here is an excerpt from just one of the "hits" I got:

"Legends of a flood can be found in the folklore of such diverse places as the Middle East, India, China, Australia, southern Asia, the islands of the Pacific, Europe, and the Americas. But the best-known flood legend--that on which the story of Noah is based--had its origins among the peoples of ancient Mesopotamia in the Tigris-Euphrates river valley. "

Every corner of the globe is covered with some type of ancient flood story. Amen.

3. Well your typing to me. Amen.

You believe the ? we have is perfect right? So why can't your perfect ? just completely forgive what Adam and Eve did and just *? * wipe out all harmful bacteria and diseases so children in nations all over the world don't get so ? sick just by drinking the water? If your ? is "perfect", he's a very, very lazy being.

And as you may know by now, humans are born VERY flawed. So if humans were created flawed, then technically, your ? should be mad at himself for ? up.

Adam and Eve, according to the Bible, needed to understand the weight of their decision; to know that there is a consequence for their action. I don't think we truly appreciate choice because we think it should be without responsibility; that if I make the choice to lie, cheat, steal...whatever, I shouldn't have to worry about my decisions having any negative impact towards others or myself. I mean...Adam and Eve had a chance at perfection. They didn't have to worry about sin and death, but they lost it at the expense of making a choice to disobey.

Okay so why are CURRENT humans still suffering from all that? If the Bible ? is as loving and caring as DOU claims, then why is it still holding a grudge from all those years ago? Any ? that holds a grudge for 2000 years plus is nothing less than an ? and a ? . I'm not afraid to say these things because obviously, I don't believe in your ? . I'm a pantheist, so I'm not atheist, but the Bible ? doesn't make any sense based on what you just said. Adam and Eve are the reasons humans are STILL dealing with bad water issues and viruses in 2015? Really tho?

With that kind of ? attitude from your ? , it's no wonder Adam and Eve ate that ? apple.

Because the decision that Adam and Eve made affected everybody; to subject the fate of mankind to a selfish decision to eat from the tree. The curse is hereditary.

Just so you know, getting rid of suffering is not going to get rid of sin. Sin would still need to be dealt with even if we didn't have to endure pain. There are people who have been privileged to not endure the hard times of life and yet, like the rich young ruler, will have to answer to ? about sin.

But wait a minute, I thought the Bible ? forgave everybody. If it really did as you claim, then it makes zero sense for the ancestors of Adam and Eve to still suffer needlessly from all kinds of random issues and problems. You say the curse is hereditary but it further proves that this Bible ? you speak of never really forgave anybody. If there was no such thing as incurable diseases, poverty (caused by genetically programmed greedy humans and outside events), and all kinds of random BS, then you would have a great argument. But for your Bible ? to "forgive" us but still subject us to hereditary curses makes zero sense. Either your ? forgave us or he didn't.

And yes, getting rid of suffering won't get rid of sin, we can all acknowledge that. But humans ARE BORN TO SIN. We are BORN FLAWED. And if ? made us, then it MADE us with these genetic flaws, any half assed ? could have seen that coming. You don't lock a baby up in jail for throwing milk at you, why? Because that's what babies do. It's foolish to be so angry at humans for sinning when WE WERE BORN TO "sin", humans were born genetically flawed emotionally and the rest, so to hold a grudge like a 10 year old makes the Bible ? look immature and borderline crazy. In fact, the Bible ? to many people does seem crazy lol.

? has forgiven everybody through the work of Jesus. You seem to associate sin with some moral mishap when it is more than that. Sin is what makes us ? 's Enemies and we are His. We want nothing to do with ? . If you ever read the Bible through you will see that even in prosperity; even when ? seem to bless His People, they were never satisfied so the issue is not with suffering. It's trusting ? with our lives and sin won't let us do that willingly.
  • alissowack
    Options

Not everyone thinks like this. You never really know what either good or bad things are meant for in life. The things we look to as good might be the very things that bring about bad things and vice versa. It is not really our place to say that ? has blessed or cursed a situation. I prefer, ? either showed mercy or He didn't.
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @alissowack‌

Ok but my point is that your ? knows humans are flawed and therefore should KNOW we will sin because we are BORN flawed and prone to mistakes. It has always been that way, so for ? to be disappointed in us for sinning makes little sense when it made us flawed by nature. It's like being mad at a child for cursing when it was born with Tourette's Syndrome, what else can any rational person expect? Humans are tempted easily, and with all kinds of natural evils around us (disease, accidents, etc), this ? you speak of shouldn't be shocked that many people around the world don't really want to ? with ? . It's why I've said several times if your ? came back to Earth and spoke to people directly, it would be taken more seriously. But of course, that hasn't happened all this time so....
  • kingblaze84
    Options

Wow, well I used to date a doctor and I'll tell you this, those medical bills parents get from having kids with these flaws isn't perfection, I tell you that.

no, it's sad but it's all apart of nature. ? is not going to do what you want him to do , he's not going to be what you want him to be the universe and it's laws be they physical or spiritual do not revolve around human desires.

the world we have chosen is not his ideal it's not what he wanted for us but it still runs perfectly for it's purpose.

The Bible ? doesn't care about how its own humans feel or our desires? Well relationships are a two way street, so if it doesn't care about our desires and wishes, then why should we care what the Bible ? thinks
  • zombie
    Options

The Bible ? doesn't care about how its own humans feel or our desires? Well relationships are a two way street, so if it doesn't care about our desires and wishes, then why should we care what the Bible ? thinks

Once again you only hear what you want too. I said our desires don't fundamentally change the way the world works in reference to nature. Not that ? does not care about our feelings he does but certain laws are set in stone. The laws of sin are set in stone the only way around it is Christ.

Now I am speaking of your soul not body. What do you want ? to do just give you want you want and disregard his own standards and principles.
  • zombie
    Options
    The laws of biology are perfect for their purpose. Man exist as more than the physical in the spiritual man is imperfect but Christ fills that gap.
  • zombie
    Options
    ? 's forgiveness means your soul is saved not that you are never going to face pain

So what happens to heathens like me who are agnostic some days and other days, believe there is some form of higher powers that maybe compete with each other or whatever? Do we enter purgatory or what

And what happens to all out atheists

My understanding of it is that basically ? will leave you alone completely which will be the equivalent of letting you suffer the full brunt of mankind's total sin that we created this Will feel like being thrown in a lake of fire.
  • alissowack
    Options
    @alissowack‌

Ok but my point is that your ? knows humans are flawed and therefore should KNOW we will sin because we are BORN flawed and prone to mistakes. It has always been that way, so for ? to be disappointed in us for sinning makes little sense when it made us flawed by nature. It's like being mad at a child for cursing when it was born with Tourette's Syndrome, what else can any rational person expect? Humans are tempted easily, and with all kinds of natural evils around us (disease, accidents, etc), this ? you speak of shouldn't be shocked that many people around the world don't really want to ? with ? . It's why I've said several times if your ? came back to Earth and spoke to people directly, it would be taken more seriously. But of course, that hasn't happened all this time so....

Adam and Eve made a choice in spite of being told what they shouldn't do and during a time where they didn't have to worry about suffering. It wasn't a mistake that they ate of the tree. Now, because of sin, we must make that choice to obey in the midst of suffering; that we have to place our trust in ? when everything in us doesn't want to.
  • BeleeDatPleighboy
    BeleeDatPleighboy Members Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of pearls being cast to swine in here
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ? 's forgiveness means your soul is saved not that you are never going to face pain

So what happens to heathens like me who are agnostic some days and other days, believe there is some form of higher powers that maybe compete with each other or whatever? Do we enter purgatory or what

My understanding of it is that basically ? will leave you alone completely which will be the equivalent of letting you suffer the full brunt of mankind's total sin that we created this Will feel like being thrown in a lake of fire.

Man that ? of yours is so loving and caring to anyone who thinks differently and needs proof. Letting me feel like being thrown in a lake of fire after I die sounds like something an all loving and open minded person would do. Thanks for reminding me why I have no religion.
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @alissowack‌

Adam and Eve made a choice in spite of being told what they shouldn't do and during a time where they didn't have to worry about suffering. It wasn't a mistake that they ate of the tree. Now, because of sin, we must make that choice to obey in the midst of suffering; that we have to place our trust in ? when everything in us doesn't want to.

So humans not only must still suffer from the effects of an ancient couple, but they gotta listen to rules from a ? that hasn't shown up in over 2000 years lol. You're devout, I give you that. He said he'd come quickly as a prophesy and despite him failing to do so, you still have your faith, good for you.
  • zombie
    Options

Man that ? of yours is so loving and caring to anyone who thinks differently and needs proof. Letting me feel like being thrown in a lake of fire after I die sounds like something an all loving and open minded person would do. Thanks for reminding me why I have no religion.

HE HAS given an abundance of proof especially to this generation you choose to ignore it.
    so much prophecy has been fulfilled that's enough proof. if you don't believe in ? you won't do good in heaven anyway so really a lake of fire that you helped create may just be a blessing for you after all you won't be able to indulge in your heathen behavior in ? 's kingdom.

open minded parent are usually horrible parents
  • zombie
    Options
    @alissowack‌

So humans not only must still suffer from the effects of an ancient couple, but they gotta listen to rules from a ? that hasn't shown up in over 2000 years lol. You're devout, I give you that. He said he'd come quickly as a prophesy and despite him failing to do so, you still have your faith, good for you.

After the cross the holy spirit came, NOW at the end of times christ going to come back blasting, with his robes dipped in the blood of the enemies of his followers and usher in a new way of living or i should say a perfect way of living.
  • alissowack
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @alissowack‌

Because of sin, it doesn't matter the circumstances. You treat suffering as if it would keep a person from choosing what is right and true. Even non-religious people have made positive decisions in the midst of suffering. It's about whether or not you will still choose ? in spite of any circumstances whether suffering or prosperity.

It's not going to matter either if ? shows up. Showing up is one thing. Trusting ? is another especially if you already think that ? 's Actions towards man are suspect. You would not accept His Answers for why He has done things the way that He did. You would choose Hell for yourself if you don't like what He has to say.

If there is any truth to the end time prophecies, then I hope you don't have to endure this. Someone will come and present himself as the promised one. He is going to perform all kinds of miracles before your eyes. You are going to agree with everything he has to say and you pledge your allegiance to him. But, he won't be who he said he was.
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2015
    Options

HE HAS given an abundance of proof especially to this generation you choose to ignore it.
    so much prophecy has been fulfilled that's enough proof. if you don't believe in ? you won't do good in heaven anyway so really a lake of fire that you helped create may just be a blessing for you after all you won't be able to indulge in your heathen behavior in ? 's kingdom.

Open minded parents are usually horrible? Okay if you say so.....

But there's one little problem with what you said, what about other religions that have also predicted things that have come true? Hasn't Islam predicted some things as well? Same with Hinduisin and some others I bet. So to say some prophecy being "proven" true means nothing when other religions and even movies have done the same. Should I worship George Orwell as a ? because his book 1984 predicted many things that have come true?

Either way, I'm sure you know some other religions will have YOU burning in fire for eternity for your beliefs. I just find it funny but enjoy your beliefs.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    @alissowack‌

After the cross the holy spirit came, NOW at the end of times christ going to come back blasting, with his robes dipped in the blood of the enemies of his followers and usher in a new way of living or i should say a perfect way of living.

It's 2015 and Syrian and Iraqi Christians are getting their blood dipped into all the time. What's Jesus waiting for?
  • zombie
    Options
    @alissowack‌

It's 2015 and Syrian and Iraqi Christians are getting their blood dipped into all the time. What's Jesus waiting for?

Why you keep rushing the lord ? chill when he comes back it's not going to be a pretty sight for any people who think just like you do. The last thing you should want is his return.

He's giving us a chance to stop to change allowing more people to get into his kingdom letting them hear the gospel. the christians killed for their faith are getting in he's giving the killers and sinners a chance hear him before it's too late.
  • zombie
    edited January 2015
    Options

But there's one little problem with what you said, what about other religions that have also predicted things that have come true? Hasn't Islam predicted some things as well? Same with Hinduisin and some others I bet. So to say some prophecy being "proven" true means nothing when other religions and even movies have done the same. Should I worship George Orwell as a ? because his book 1984 predicted many things that have come true?

Either way, I'm sure you know some other religions will have YOU burning in fire for eternity for your beliefs. I just find it funny but enjoy your beliefs.

Open minded parents let their children stray too far let them engage in all kind of crazy ? .

You want to be a boy or a girl it's ok
    you want to experiement with drugs it's ok
    you want to drop out of school and join the circus it's ok

that's open minded parents.

hinduism has no direct prophecy that you can point to and say YES IT has happened.
    islam being a corruption of the devil will naturally have certain prophecies that match up with christian ones
    In fact i believe that the end times battle will be a war between christian/jews and islamic forces.

If you actually read christian and muslim end times prophecy you will see that they are the inverse of each other.
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2015
    Options

Open minded parents let their children stray too far let them engage in all kind of crazy ? .

You want to be a boy or a girl it's ok
    you want to experiement with drugs it's ok
    you want to drop out of school and join the circus it's ok

that's open minded parents.

hinduism has no direct prophecy that you can point to and say YES IT has happened.
    islam being a corruption of the devil will naturally have certain prophecies that match up with christian ones
    In fact i believe that the end times battle will be a war between christian/jews and islamic forces.

If you actually read christian and muslim end times prophecy you will see that they are the inverse of each other.

Ok but that reinforces what I said earlier, some Muslim prophecies HAVE come true. You really believe Islam is a corruption of the devil's will? Be careful with your words, cuz many people believe the Abrahamic ? is an evil demon itself.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still dont get it.

Adam and eve made a choice
    i was not aware of that choice nor was i offered that same choice
    im born into the repurcussions of said choice, even when i didnt have a choice of being born or not
    So now i dont have a choice, its either obey blindly or burn in hell
    why doesnt he give me that exact same choice im being punished for
    if ? was to come down right now and say dont eat the fruit from that tree guess the ? what. Im not eating fruit from that tree. I dont give a ? who said i should eat it
    to punish others for the crime of 2 is wicked, unjust
    give me the option to make a choice of my own

Also. If ? created adam in his image he created him with a weakness before he ever bit into that fruit. He created him to be easily swayed into disobeying. If your creation disobeyed before he knew what disobedience was and bit that fruit that FAULT can only rest on the creators shoulders.