Nicki Minaj on Rollingstone cover and Why black artist are silent

Options

Comments

• dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So she's saying that rappers should speak up like public enemy and kanye did.

But why isn't she speaking up tho?

Bruh I was saying the SAME ? THING

smh.

she worrying about being torn apart Lol..some sad ? mane..

Like when she apologized to the Jews after that one video.

But has yet to apologize to Malcolm X family for that "lookin ass ? " thing
    She apologized for both.

That condescending, obnoxious letter regarding Malcolm was not an apology. ? is an airhead.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So she's saying that rappers should speak up like public enemy and kanye did.

But why isn't she speaking up tho?

Women are meant to be seen not heard from.
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Poor Nicki...

All those excuses nobody asked her for.
    White people are no more into your Barbie flying in Starchips then you want us to swallow that pro black/conscious pill.

We havnt forget your Malcom x diss.

• LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    We havnt forget your nice fake ass too
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye west hasn't stopped talking about racism and prison complex he dropped "new slaves" on buildings all over the world.
    http://youtu.be/DMd-4XTcVJU

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Kanye west hasn't stopped talking about racism and prison complex he dropped "new slaves" on buildings all over the world.
    http://youtu.be/DMd-4XTcVJU

Exactly.

Regarding Nicki Minaj, it seems like she's trying to cater to the black fan base again. I guess after American Idol got rid of her, she sees that the white culture will never fully embrace her like she hoped.

She can contribute mightily to the black culture if she stops leading our young girls into ? lifestyles like she's been doing since her debut. She's ? up a lot of black marriages and their children.
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? talk like NOBODY remembers Kanye telling Sway he ain't have the answers on Sway in the Morning.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont remember Kanye getting torn apart at all. I remember everybody liking his ? even more because of what he said. It actually made him a million times more famous and well liked up until he offended the white universe on MTV with Taylor Swift lol

• EmM HoLLa.
    EmM HoLLa. Members Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Kanye still speaks out and he can because deep down his talent is undeniable. Other gimmicky artist can't fall back on artistic integrity when white America turns on them. I mean Nicki, she is a media made artist. Not pure art driven artist.

Ga damn.. I want to disagree with you because Nicki can rap.. But you may very well be right here..
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did she actually compare on of Kanye's thoughtless rants to Public Enemy, and then use that as an excuse for why Black artsits don't used their voice to make relevant statements? Come on.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye torn apart....Man that ? was a hero in my hood when he made those comments,,,,that ? would been voted mayor off that alone
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just make your little records Nicki. You ain't built for this conscious life
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    Options
    What Minaj is living should be taken as an example for the newbies

BY FORCING YOURSELF TO CATER TO ALL SORT OF DEMOGRAPHICS YOU END UP LOSING AND BEING LOST.

What is Nicki ID?
    What is Nicki rap style?

From roman revenge to starchips
    From Ross , Eminem to David Guetta
    From i dont know my sexuallity to anaconda
    From blond hair to black hair
    From barbie to ratchet
    From acting eurocentric to pro black

GREED IS A SIN. Now everybody turns his back on her.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Speak up or don't speak up. No need to rationalize cowardice.
  • s-dot
    s-dot Members Posts: 164 ✭✭
    Options
    Glad everybody here sees the cowardice behind her statement.

How far would the civil rights movement have gone if blacks were afraid of the "backlash"/fatal consequences for speaking out against evil?

Here's the reality: It's easier to "speak out" against your own race, than to risk drawing the wrath of Republicans, and possibly lose endorsements. Remember she also rapped that she'd vote for Romney because the President was "? up the economy". The most ignorant thing she's ever said... But again, appease Republicans, and they won't come after you. She's got no problem doing that.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The real question is why would anyone even ask this chick a question like that. Look at her body

chappelle-head-nod-gif.21544
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EmM HoLLa. wrote: »
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Kanye still speaks out and he can because deep down his talent is undeniable. Other gimmicky artist can't fall back on artistic integrity when white America turns on them. I mean Nicki, she is a media made artist. Not pure art driven artist.

Ga damn.. I want to disagree with you because Nicki can rap.. But you may very well be right here..

shes not famous for her talent.
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If she didnt have the machine behind her no one would care.
  • scrapper1
    scrapper1 Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options