Extremist gunmen ? 12 at Paris newspaper. Revenge for cartoon prophet satire. (video)

Options
Jabu_Rule
Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2015 in The Social Lounge
r-PARIS-ATTACK-huge.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KugJRB-ORts

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30710883?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central
At least two masked attackers opened fire with assault rifles in the office and exchanged shots with police in the street outside before escaping by car.

The gunmen shouted "we have avenged the Prophet Muhammad", witnesses say.

President Francois Hollande said there was no doubt it had been a terrorist attack "of exceptional barbarity".

A major police operation is under way in the Paris area to catch the killers.

French President Francois Hollande: "This is an act of exceptional barbarism"
The satirical weekly has courted controversy in the past with its irreverent take on news and current affairs. It was fire-bombed in November 2011 a day after it carried a caricature of the Prophet Muhammad.

The latest tweet on Charlie Hebdo's account was a cartoon of the Islamic State militant group leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

Comments

• BIGG WILL
    BIGG WILL Members Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haven't seen the comic but it sounds like they brought it on themselves
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    7figz wrote: »

w-charliehebdo-010715.jpg

charlie-hebdo-thumb-large.jpg
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They getting all their ducks in a row, i hate to say it but WW3 is on the horizon. People been speculating for a few years but I think we are realistically the closest to it poppin off than ever before.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    True but at the same time that is like White folks rolling on the IC for what is said here. They're in their feelings over there.
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The real ? up part is that white people do wayyyy worse ? to us,you would think it should be us strapping bombs to ourselves and shooting ? up.
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    War is a natural solution to those in control

You cant get away from it

I just dont believe in jeopardizing my life for something a politician said where its possible that what he said has no credibility to it and it aint even true
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NCswag
    NCswag Members Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why didn't the cop pop off? He should've known that ? in all black/camo uni's weren't taking hostages. If he had enough energy to put them hands up, he had enough energy to point, pray and spray.
  • A.J. Trillzynski
    A.J. Trillzynski Members Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the religion of peace strikes again... Islamic State. Keyword: Islamic
  • Noble Al Lee
    Noble Al Lee Members Posts: 914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    The real ? up part is that white people do wayyyy worse ? to us,you would think it should be us strapping bombs to ourselves and shooting ? up.

I came to say something similar.
    Just imagine if African americans seeked vengeance against culture vultures, people misusing the culture or outright mocking the culture, the way some of those islamists do. White america is spared only by african americans want for white Americas money & fame.

• BigBallsNoWorries
    Options
    I hate this ?

Paris is a dope ass city that has a lot of blacks in it

And the french people are cool

They showed a ? love when I was there

Now you can't go there without having your ? hole checked

• BigBallsNoWorries
    Options
    I swear you can make fun of any other religion

Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Catholic, Protestant

But when it comes to the Islamic religion

? gets real, you can't even joke about the prophet Muhammad without some act of violence

I mean ? died over a ? CARTOON

Something thats supposed to be harmless, silly and used for entertainment purposes

Got someone killed, grown men all ski masked up with assault rifles taking someone else's life over a cartoon

South Park made fun of tons of people and every religion but when it came to Muhammad, Comedy Central pulled the episode

And this is supposed to America where you have free speech and the freedom of press

This ? is ? and it has to stop

But I dont see the French officials catching these guys alive

If they are extreme enough to ? someone over a cartoon of Muhammad then they will easily ? themselves for the same reason

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate this ?

You keep goin back

No worries huh.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hate this ?

That's ? . Paris is swarming with racists, most of the people are rude as ? and the police are damn near a fascist occupying army.

Everywhere else in France is cool though.
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    These extremists ( key word : extremists ) need to be taken out. All of them.

I'm tired of hearing / reading about them ? being in their feelings about ? . People having their lives taken over a ? cartoon? FOH. ? all them ? . ? like this makes me consider collateral damage being inevitable in an effort to wipe that entire ideology off the face of the Earth..
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The hilarious things people get upset about and throw there souls away for
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Them ? mobbed into that meeting on some Bane ? .
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img][/img]

? gets real, you can't even joke about the prophet Muhammad without some act of violence

Something thats supposed to be harmless, silly and used for entertainment purposes

Got someone killed, grown men all ski masked up with assault rifles taking someone else's life over a cartoon

South Park made fun of tons of people and every religion but when it came to Muhammad, Comedy Central pulled the episode

And this is supposed to America where you have free speech and the freedom of press

If they are extreme enough to ? someone over a cartoon of Muhammad then they will easily ? themselves for the same reason

These dudes asked for some ? like this to happen practically begging for it. Ain't no such thing as freedom of speech you only have that freedom until you offend somebody. The Muslims at least the radical ones take their religion seriously this is known why poke the beehive? Just because you can.
  • whatevathehell
    whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That was France not America but I'm sure they have something similar in their constitution...however the ? you say does have repercussions if it offends the wrong people word to Donald sterling. if you know koyherfuckers putting holes in people regarding Allah you might wanna fall back.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Islam is incompatible with western civilization when whites actually realize this they will expel Muslims from Europe.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tymoney19 wrote: »
    [img][/img]

These dudes asked for some ? like this to happen practically begging for it. Ain't no such thing as freedom of speech you only have that freedom until you offend somebody. The Muslims at least the radical ones take their religion seriously this is known why poke the beehive? Just because you can.

? foh they should be able to draw any ? thing they want.You are basically saying people should be afraid of muslims.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    white people are hilarious; their specialty is when somebody says "you can do or say whatever the hell you want to me... just please don't do this one ? thing or we're going to have serious problems" - that's the first thing they're gonna do.

why was that paper publishing racist caricatures of muhammed and jews? because they're racist french ? that's why.

although i'm not entirely convinced that this ? was really even done by radical muslims.