Explosion Outside NAACP In Colorado Deliberate, FBI says

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2015 in The Social Lounge
7534c600-95f0-11e4-974e-0d0946b0ca18_AP223734443883.jpg

An explosion outside an NAACP office building in Colorado on Tuesday morning that rattled neighbors was caused deliberately, officials say.

An improvised explosive device was detonated against the exterior wall of the NAACP building on South El Paso Street in Colorado Springs around 10:45 a.m. Mountain time. No one was injured, said Amy Sanders, a spokeswoman for the FBI in Denver.

A gasoline can had been placed near the device but did not ignite during the explosion, Sanders said.

The sidewalk and the local NAACP headquarters building, which also houses a barbershop, suffered minor damage, she said.

FBI Denver and the Colorado Springs Police Department are on the scene. A man aged about 40 is a person of interest in the investigation. He may be driving a 2000 or older-model ? white pick-up truck with paneling, a dark-colored bed liner, an open tailgate and a missing or covered license plate.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is also investigating the case, according to Christopher Amon, acting spokesman for the agency's Denver office.

It's not clear whether anyone was inside the National Assn. for the Advancement of Colored People office when the explosion occurred, but Gene Southerland, whose barbershop is in the same single-story building as the NAACP, said he heard the explosion Tuesday morning.

“I made sure my three customers were OK, then walked outside,” Southerland said. “On the northeast side of the building I saw a red gas can on the ground. Neighbors started walking out of their houses asking me, ‘What happened, what happened?’”

“It’s messed up, man. It’s horrible,” Southerland said. “In broad daylight? Just goes to show there’s always a threat.”

Comments

• Gucci Scott King
    Gucci Scott King Members Posts: 883 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It ain't about race tho.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is this Al Sharpton's fault?

No seriously, the foundation of a potential racewar is now in place. This country was not ready for a black president, and we're seeing the result of years of white anger. Everyday seeing our commander & chief being black puts them at a place of discomfort. Most policemen are FAR right conservatives who ride around listening to Limbaugh all day. They ARE the modern day leaders of the white supremist movement.

It will only get worst in 2015, brace yourselves
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MasterJayN100
    MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    white folks on that BS
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ghost313 wrote: »

No seriously, the foundation of a potential racewar is now in place. This country was not ready for a black president, and we're seeing the result of years of white anger. Everyday seeing our commander & chief being black puts them at a place of discomfort. Most policemen are FAR right conservatives who ride around listening to Limbaugh all day. They ARE the modern day leaders of the white supremist movement.

Before Al Sharpton's Father nutted in Al Sharpton's mother, there were lynchings, hangings, the KKK, slavery, so on and so forth. Point is white people have been racist and killing Blacks and other minorities and still are. This cannot be pinned on Obama who is half white by the way or any 1 person.

Agree with u. That half white ? holds little importance to cacs though
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

whites fear us overthrowing them
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot people on Twitter are going in on the media for not covering this...
  • blackamerica
    Options
    Ghost313 wrote: »
    ]
    Before Al Sharpton's Father nutted in Al Sharpton's mother, there were lynchings, hangings, the KKK, slavery, so on and so forth. Point is white people have been racist and killing Blacks and other minorities and still are. This cannot be pinned on Obama who is half white by the way or any 1 person.
    I agree on Sharpton. I just hear white extremist using him as a scapegoat for everything race related, like nothing is due to white racism.

The 2nd part about Obama I can't agree. True, there was racism before Obama. But Obama being office has agitated these extremist (most of them cops) into becoming violent. A black president makes these crazy white ppl get beside themselves. Don't believe me? Listen to talk radio or FOX news, they been playing up fear of Obama since he been in office. This is who these ppl get their news from
  • blackamerica
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^^Is it Obama's fault? No. These ppl just have a hatred for a blackman being Commander & Chief of this country
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wehttam wrote: »

Every news outlet that I check has made mention of it. Who is refusing to report it?

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options

Every news outlet that I check has made mention of it. Who is refusing to report it?

So you are saying that the media is not covering it, and your proof is a tweet that links an article from the LA Times which would clearly indicate the media covered it.

I believe the issue is the amount of media coverage its getting which is not a lot.

If that was a ? old white men's elks lodge bombed by suspected new black panther party members. You mean to tell me you don't think the ? would be getting more coverage?
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »

So you are saying that the media is not covering it, and your proof is a tweet that links an article from the LA Times which would clearly indicate the media covered it.

I believe the issue is the amount of media coverage its getting which is not a lot.

If that was a ? old white men's elks lodge bombed by suspected new black panther party members. You mean to tell me you don't think the ? would be getting more coverage?

Has the suspected bomber(s) been linked to any group that would justify using that comparison?

You are Trolling, right?
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can google search a custom range of 1/6 and just on the first page, it was reported by usa today, nbc news, cnn, and yahoo.

It's one thing to say it's received minimal attention and will continue to do so thanks to the events in Paris. but it's a complete lie to say it has not received coverage

You can link January 6th articles all day long but I was monitoring the sites as homie was tweeting that yesterday. Just as he said, not one article was on any of those front pages until much later in the evening.
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man you white people (yes I'm assuming; sue me) really will ignore every ounce of logic to preserve the status quo and keep the narrative from changing.
    So it just wasn't reported where it should have been

If a tree falls in the forest and no ones around to hear it.... (aka burying a story)
    by who you think it should have been

Who the ? else would I expect to report it? The Onion? Sports Illustrated for Kids?
    when you thought it should have been?

So when it's ? being terrorized the story isn't worthy of being "Breaking" to you?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I havent even seen this attack featured on television at all today

shout out to JRehling though
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

whites fear us overthrowing them

It's biblical, they can't stop it.
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The news would only report if there was black dead bodies. Anyway this goes back to what i keep saying that those domestic right wing racist militia groups is a serious problem the govt is ignoring. There is only one guy in DHS monitoring these groups. Now these same groups are recruiting iraq and Afghanistan war veterans. Add the bad economy,the recent events that has raised racial tension,white crakker anger at the thought they losing the country it is a bad mix.

Ill say it once and will say it again the next major domestic terror attack here will be by white supremacist militias. Since Obama got elected in 08 they have been gathering strength. Mark my words it will be wore then 9/11. Why not disarm these militias and name white supremacist groups terrorist groups and banned?
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So u mean to tell me in this -always someone recording age no suspects been arrested?
  • $ineedmoney$
    $ineedmoney$ Members Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »

A gasoline can had been placed near the device but did not ignite during the explosion, Sanders said.

The sidewalk and the local NAACP headquarters building, which also houses a barbershop, suffered minor damage, she said.

FBI Denver and the Colorado Springs Police Department are on the scene. A man aged about 40 is a person of interest in the investigation. He may be driving a 2000 or older-model ? white pick-up truck with paneling, a dark-colored bed liner, an open tailgate and a missing or covered license plate.

@WillMunny

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PapaDoc223 wrote: »
    The news would only report if there was black dead bodies. Anyway this goes back to what i keep saying that those domestic right wing racist militia groups is a serious problem the govt is ignoring. There is only one guy in DHS monitoring these groups. Now these same groups are recruiting iraq and Afghanistan war veterans. Add the bad economy,the recent events that has raised racial tension,white crakker anger at the thought they losing the country it is a bad mix.

Ill say it once and will say it again the next major domestic terror attack here will be by white supremacist militias. Since Obama got elected in 08 they have been gathering strength. Mark my words it will be wore then 9/11. Why not disarm these militias and name white supremacist groups terrorist groups and banned?

You really think they ignoring it though?

I don't see it that way. They gonna let them ? some ? . They gonna ? some white people who not with that ultra-conservative ? .

Then the gov't has gotten exactly what they wanted which is: more dead black people, a few dead liberals, the nation in a lot more fear. Which will then make it easier to inact a lot more harsher patriot act laws.

You know the ? is chess and not checkers.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    " nobody was hurt who cares probably a publicity stunt to sell that move about a ? who dreamed"- white people