So Boko Haram is out there wiping towns off the map?

Options
The Lonious Monk
The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2015 in The Social Lounge
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/boko-haram-kills-2-000-people-attack-report-article-1.2071454
The bloodthirsty Nigerian terror group Boko Haram killed as many as 2,000 people in a horrific attack, Amnesty International said Friday.

Hundreds of bodies were still strewn in the bush in the town of Baga, near the border with Chad. Most victims were children, women and elderly people who could not run fast enough to escape the murderers.

The insurgents stormed the town, firing rocket-propelled grenades and assault rifles at terrified residents and torching buildings and homes, survivors said.

“I escaped with my family in the car after seeing how Boko Haram was killing people. I saw bodies in the street,” Mohamed Bukar said after fleeing to Maiduguri.

“Children and women, some were crying for help.”

Amnesty International called it the “deadliest massacre” in the history of Boko Haram, which entered infamy in 2014 when fighters kidnapped 276 schoolgirls.

“The human carnage perpetrated by Boko Haram terrorists in Baga was enormous,” said Muhammad Abba Gava, a spokesman for a group of poorly armed civilian fighters.

The defense group had given up on counting bodies.

“No one could attend to the corpses, and even the seriously injured ones who may have died by now,” Gava said.

These people are crazy man. Someone needs to end them fast.

Comments

• The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Blame nato and the U.N. If they were actually worth a ? ? like this wouldn't happen. Instead America always ends up either droning the ? out or someone or backing another faction
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My question why is where is the Nigerian military? I thought with all that oil they have they can develop at least a decent military to crush these crazy ? . I think Nigeria is gonna be the next battleground in the next decade.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Black Lives Matter.
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Islam #ReligionOfPeace
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PapaDoc223 wrote: »
    My question why is where is the Nigerian military? I thought with all that oil they have they can develop at least a decent military to crush these crazy ? . I think Nigeria is gonna be the next battleground in the next decade.

Lol That would be good tho.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nah lets keep discussing this racist news paper that got shot up though
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Africa's complicated. Just quickly skimmed thru Boko Haram's wikipedia page. It says it roughly translates to "Western education is forbidden."

Hmmm, letting that marinate - I'm like oh well, I can see why they'd want to. Then I look at a stat saying they killed 2000 (or was it 5000?) people in 10 or so years. How much have other countries killed ? ? , how much have we killed ?

In any event, religious wars are a ? ' joke unless someone can't let somebody believe in their own ? as long as it doesn't affect him.

We use all kind of reasons for war.

I'd say all that to say this ?
    Boko what ?
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    7figz wrote: »
    Hmmm, letting that marinate - I'm like oh well, I can see why they'd want to. Then I look at a stat saying they killed 2000 (or was it 5000?) people in 10 or so years. How much have other countries killed ? ? , how much have we killed ?

You got that part a little Backwards, It says they killed 10,000 people in one year (2014)

And by Western education, they are including things like engineering, medical study, etc(which isn't exclusive to western education), so no, I don't see why they would want to, these people are crazy.
  • AZTG
    AZTG Members Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    İsis and these mafucka banned even simple math from their schools. Wtf man. How backwards can they be?

İsis getting destroyed bit by bit. In Kobane they almost wiped out. The iraqi kurds took sinjar back and are getting ready to attack mosul now.

We need a group to take boko haram out next
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Women and children getting massacred....no one is spared
  • 7figz
    edited January 2015
    Options
    it's hard for me to believe any type of media on the surface. it would appear that every group not allied with the US is absolutely evil.

now dudes who would mass murder 1000s of people seem real ? up, but are they the only ones do it... and what's their side of it ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's hard for me to believe any type of media on the surface. it would appear that every group not allied with the US is absolutely evil.

now dudes who would mass murder 1000s of people seem real ? up, but are they the only ones do it... and what's their side of it ?

lol Come on man, some ? is just universally ? up. Yeah, you got good reason to be skeptical about what the news says, but a group kidnapping 200 girls and selling them as slaves should be seen as unacceptable no matter what. Who gives a ? what their side is?
  • BoldChild
    Options

It seems like you're saying, "Other people around the world are being killed, so it doesn't matter that 1000's of Nigerians are being massacred, and the news reports may be false, so lets just turn a blind eye to it and assume it's not happening , and not do any looking in to it at all. Besides, the guys accused of doing it may not be so bad."

If that's what you're saying, you sound just like the white people who ignore African genocides.

• 7figz
    edited January 2015
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »

It seems like you're saying, "Other people around the world are being killed, so it doesn't matter that 1000's of Nigerians are being massacred, and the news reports may be false, so lets just turn a blind eye to it and assume it's not happening , and not do any looking in to it at all. Besides, the guys accused of doing it may not be so bad."

If that's what you're saying, you sound just like the white people who ignore African genocides.

^ Total misinterpretation of what I said.

What I'm saying is I don't really know what's going on as a matter of fact over there. Perhaps if from someone who lives there spoke on the matter, it might be more convincing. The media and governments are such liars and propaganda artists that if they want to make particular group look like the worst MFs to ever exist, that's what they do.

Ex. "Sadam and 911"

So do we care about all the MFs slaughtering people around the world or just this one and why ?
    And, again, what is the complete story ?
  • 7figz
    Options

lol Come on man, some ? is just universally ? up. Yeah, you got good reason to be skeptical about what the news says, but a group kidnapping 200 girls and selling them as slaves should be seen as unacceptable no matter what. Who gives a ? what their side is?

That's what we saw on the news - some theories say it was a lie. I'm not defending / excusing any motherfuckas but I have my doubts on the media representing a complete balanced / factual story. I simply wonder what's real or not.

Look at the MH370 ? .... can't tell me nobody doesn't know more about that situation.
  • BoldChild
    edited January 2015
    Options
    BoldChild wrote: »

^ Total misinterpretation of what I said.

What I'm saying is I don't really know what's going on as a matter of fact over there. Perhaps if from someone who lives there spoke on the matter, it might be more convincing. The media and governments are such liars and propaganda artists that if they want to make particular group look like the worst MFs to ever exist, that's what they do.

Ex. "Sadam and 911"

So do we care about all the MFs slaughtering people around the world or just this one and why ?
    And, again, what is the complete story ?

The number claimed to have been killed in the attack on Baga is probably false (They are accounting people unaccounted for as dead) but Boko Haram being a threat is no made up story.

About why we care, maybe because slaughter/attacks on this level is not "all over the world" as they typically occur in the Middle East, and a lot of us being a bit concerned about some rapid group running around kidnapping and slaughtering innocent people, and it hits a bit close to home?

There is nothing I can do about it, but I'm not going to be dismissive of the issue.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's crazy about this ? is that anybody who knows the history of Islam knows that the West owes Islam for a lot of their knowledge because it was the Islamic empire that preserved Greek and Roman texts and knowledge. On top of that, a lot of European knowledge was built off information either gathered or discovered by Muslims. Groups like this are basically ? all over Islam's legacy.

alot of that knowlegde came from india tho but came bacc to europe with muslims

• Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CracceR wrote: »
    What's crazy about this ? is that anybody who knows the history of Islam knows that the West owes Islam for a lot of their knowledge because it was the Islamic empire that preserved Greek and Roman texts and knowledge. On top of that, a lot of European knowledge was built off information either gathered or discovered by Muslims. Groups like this are basically ? all over Islam's legacy.

Muslims ran India.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    12 cacs died in france all over the news but 2k blacks die in a single attack, nothing from the media
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    12 cacs died in france all over the news but 2k blacks die in a single attack, nothing from the media

They rarely never cover whats going on in Africa
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    CracceR wrote: »

Muslims ran India.

what are you talking about? hinduism is alot older than islam
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nigeria gonna have civil war. .. it's a lot of ? goin on between the different tribes... Political ? with the north and radical Muslim s vs Christianity. ? crazy