So Boko Haram is out there wiping towns off the map?

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    when muslims invaded india they destroyed one of the greatest universities mankind ever created

nalanda
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The government should have dealt with them before the became a problem.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PapaDoc223 wrote: »
    My question why is where is the Nigerian military? I thought with all that oil they have they can develop at least a decent military to crush these crazy ? . I think Nigeria is gonna be the next battleground in the next decade.
    My man @rip_dilla can tellk you better than I can, butn I think this terrorist khawarij outfit gets help from highranked officials in Naija. There used to be balance in Naija when it came to distribution of power and wealth.

Nigeria is a made up country. European powers just carved out countries, totally disregarding already existing nations and theb people living in 'em. Alot of these people share nothing with eachother. No culture, language, history, religion, physical appearance etc. UK used to develop the animist south, missionaries converted the animists and the Brtitish neglected the muslim north. You can still see the difference in infrastructure and level of education (in Englishb language) between theb infidel south and muslim north.

The resources and infrastructure are in the south, BUT back in the day after the independence the army was dominated by Northern muslim men. These northern men led the country through the army, while the civil servants were mostly from the more (western) educated south.

Lately the south been making powermoves. Obasanjo was a christian Yoruba from the south. Goodluck Jonathan is also from the south. Naija is notorious for it's corruption and nepotism. Southern men like Goodluck are keeping the wealth in their circle, give jobs to their people, so the northern men who used to have some influence are pushed to the side. I can't prove this, but if you think logically they have a stake in creating chaos. I think Boko Haram is backed by some of these high placed military men BUT I can't prove this and I'm not Nigerian. I want @rip_dilla to speak on this...
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nigeria needs to handle that. They are capable.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Islam is like a virus and it offers little to nothing for humanity.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really think outside forces are using Boko Haram to destabilize / thrawrt Nigeria from becoming a major world power
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AggyAF wrote: »
    I really think outside forces are using Boko Haram to destabilize / thrawrt Nigeria from becoming a major world power

One word - Africom. In name and the abbreviated objective.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CracceR wrote: »
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    What's crazy about this ? is that anybody who knows the history of Islam knows that the West owes Islam for a lot of their knowledge because it was the Islamic empire that preserved Greek and Roman texts and knowledge. On top of that, a lot of European knowledge was built off information either gathered or discovered by Muslims. Groups like this are basically ? all over Islam's legacy.

alot of that knowlegde came from india tho but came bacc to europe with muslims

Muslims ran India.

what are you talking about? hinduism is alot older than islam

That may be the case, but Muslims at one point ran India as well as parts of europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_conquests_on_the_Indian_subcontinent
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's crazy about this ? is that anybody who knows the history of Islam knows that the West owes Islam for a lot of their knowledge because it was the Islamic empire that preserved Greek and Roman texts and knowledge. On top of that, a lot of European knowledge was built off information either gathered or discovered by Muslims. Groups like this are basically ? all over Islam's legacy.

Muslims ran India.

That may be the case, but Muslims at one point ran India as well as parts of europe.

sure, but the numerals, the 0 in mathematics etc. came from india. muslims didnt invent them. muslims spread them over the middle east and northern parts of africa. and when they reached europe, europeans spread them worldwide.
  • Jabu_Rule

Muslims ran India.

sure, but the numerals, the 0 in mathematics etc. came from india. muslims didnt invent them. muslims spread them over the middle east and northern parts of africa. and when they reached europe, europeans spread them worldwide.

Muslims created Algebra. Even before Islam, empires in the middle east were fostering knowledge. They also preserved a lot of Greek knowledge when the Greeks didn't see any use for it. They bought a lot of knowledge to India and Europe at the same time because they spread pretty quick especially when the Khans converting. Muslims were Indians. You speaking like Indians were only Hindu. Arabs, Persians and Mongols bought Islam there, and many Indians are Muslim till this day.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Islam is like a virus and it offers little to nothing for humanity.

Ain't that the truth.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Muslim created algrebra they just gave a name out of the science that was already established by older civilizations and in nature.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited January 2015
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    No Muslim created algrebra they just gave a name out of the science that was already established by older civilizations and in nature.

You're right. They created Algebra. Seriously though. Please don't confuse it with general arithmetics.
    Much early work in algebra, as the Arabic origin of its name suggests, was done in the Near East, by such mathematicians as Omar Khayyam (1048-1131).[4][5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algebra
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Islam #ReligionOfPeace

Peace and Abrahamic religions do not belong in the same sentence. I get the joke though lol
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited January 2015
    i really think people should be obligated to explain at least the broad strokes of these crazy conspiracies when they toss them out there

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This what happens when you have truly ineffective and corrupt government. From the suicide bombings, to the kidnappings and now the massacres they running amok.

Nigeria may be one of the most developed counties in Africa but it's still basically a third world country.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't go that far. It's not like most first world countries are equipped to deal with terrorism. Ask Britain and France.
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best solution is to divide the nation then. This what i mean that western imperial powers carved up africa and the middle east to foster chaos and prevent the advancement of non whites. Let us not kid ourselves and think these evil cacs created these nations by accident. The white man is a cold and calculated devil.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the north won't be ? without the south especially if it becomes an islamic state controlled by people called "western eduction is forbidden"
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    janklow wrote: »
    i really think people should be obligated to explain at least the broad strokes of these crazy conspiracies when they toss them out there

i don't think this is a crazy conspiracy. Western nations have been funding terrorist/anti-government groups in Africa, Latin America, and Asia for decades. Africa is partially the way it is because of Europeans playing different groups off each other.

plus France has been very active in keeping its sphere of influence in Africa

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Boko Haram had Western financers because a strong Nigeria is not in the interest of the West
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's time Nigeria divides the nation, just like India divided itself to create Pakistan after all the ? wars. India and Pakistan still have tension but nothing between them is as ? as what's going on currently in Nigeria. I guess the main problem for Nigeria's govt is that although most of its head leadership is Christian, they need the taxes from the rich Muslims in the region to keep its current power. But if it's worth it, and I think it is, the time to divide that nation is now.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    Blame nato and the U.N. If they were actually worth a ? ? like this wouldn't happen. Instead America always ends up either droning the ? out or someone or backing another faction

? would be ? about "Obama's illegal war in Kenya"
  • REV_RAGE
    REV_RAGE Members Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015

Muslims ran India.

Exactally muslims were conqueres just as much as europeans in their days, and they took from their conquests and claimed them as their own as they assimilated their new holdings. <sp> Commonplace and undeniable.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muslims did conquer, but it wasn't the same. Not all invading forces and empires ruled in the same way.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    janklow wrote: »

i don't think this is a crazy conspiracy. Western nations have been funding terrorist/anti-government groups in Africa, Latin America, and Asia for decades. Africa is partially the way it is because of Europeans playing different groups off each other.

plus France has been very active in keeping its sphere of influence in Africa

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Boko Haram had Western financers because a strong Nigeria is not in the interest of the West

Problem with this is that Nigeria is in no way shape or form a threat to western power structures. Less than 50% of the country even has electricity, their oil industry is damn near completely run by international corporations and none of that is change any time soon.

Boko Haram obviously has outside help just like the warlords in Somalia do. Somebody is giving them weapons, it's more than likely Arab terrorist groups.

Splitting the country sounds reasonable but you have to realize what you are creating then is a situation where millions will be trapped in the north with these animals and even fewer people will care.