So Boko Haram is out there wiping towns off the map?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    janklow wrote: »

Defined by Whom? What is the etymology?

Who gives a ? ? Are you trolling or what? The etymology is irrelevant to this discussion. It's also irrelevant that there is no Arab word for Islamic. Do you really not understand how illogical and silly this argument you're making is?

I do. Are you trolling? It's irrelevant because, you say it is or because, you are incapable of actually doing so?

What's illogical is, people such as yourself who argue subjects they have no knowledge of.

It's irrelvant because the appearance of a word in a particular language has not bearing whatsoever on what that word describes. Some old indigenous tribes didn't have words for "lie" before they met Europeans, that doesn't mean the concept of lying didn't exist and it doesn't mean the consequences of lies told can't be discussed.

You claim to have all this knowledge that we don't have, but if you really did you wouldn't have to result to stupid like these ridiculous semantics arguments you're making. You could lead this discussion based on actual information instead.

Every claim I have made I have supported with evidence. The information is right in your face it's been posted. I have given the proper descriptors and titles throughout. Problem is you aren't reading, you are skimming. You are just reacting from hurt feelings of ignorance. It's ok though.

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @kwan dai

I did not make up any facts. DID muhammad have slaves or not??? did he go to war or not??? did his forces slaughter people after they surrendered or not???

and you don't get to frame the discussion and force the other party to use the words you want them to. The term islamist like it or not is a real word and describes real people and long quotes from muslim leaders mean nothing to me if they do not dispel the actual point. The point being the fact that boko haram, ISIS and other groups are muslim and that they pattern their actions off of the actions of muhammad and his companions.

YOU WANT to control vocabulary that's how you controls the mind, what the ? you think this is 1984 foh.

the fact remains that muhammand owned slaves and engaged himself in offensive wars and all the excuses given by biased muslims scholars is not going to change that. You muslims really think you can fool people with this ? and my muslim friend is only my friend because he does not actually observe his religion because the best muslim is one who does not follow the behavior of muhammad.
  • Kwan Dai
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @Zombie

I did not make up any facts. DID muhammad have slaves or not??? did he go to war or not??? did his forces slaughter people after they surrendered or not???

Yes.

Yes.

No.

and you don't get to frame the discussion and force the other party to use the words you want them to. The term islamist like it or not is a real word and describes real people and long quotes from muslim leaders mean nothing to me if they do not dispel the actual point. The point being the fact that boko haram, ISIS and other groups are muslim and that they pattern their actions off of the actions of muhammad and his companions.

Muslims who have knowledge get to frame the conversation and use words to describe the behavior of those claiming to be Muslims. Not ignorant Christians, Jews, Atheist, or any one else. It's obvious Truth and facts mean nothing to you. You are an ignorant imbecile. That's facts aren't whatever opinion you feel like slinging for the day. And just like the other ignorant posters chiming in the information is there. You said Muslims use these disputed titles. I posted not even half of the quotes and comments I have of Muslim Scholars who do not use these titles. But the opinion, and unsupported claims of some ignorant screen name (ZOMBIE) matter, and is willing to tell the truth? Surely you jest?

YOU WANT to control vocabulary that's how you controls the mind, what the ? you think this is 1984 foh.

Your ignorance knows no bounds. You speak of mind control yet continue to regurgitate the ramblings, of media and talking heads. No get the ? in here and continue taking this ass whooping.

the fact remains that muhammand owned slaves and engaged himself in offensive wars and all the excuses given by biased muslims scholars is not going to change that. You muslims really think you can fool people with this ? and my muslim friend is only my friend because he does not actually observe his religion because the best muslim is one who does not follow the behavior of muhammad.

The fact remains, you are an ignorant imbecile who knows absolutely nothing about Islam and cares not to. Muslims don't care to fool anyone. There are 1.5 billion Muslims the world over and we aint going any where. We have Masjids being built all over America and we will continue to build our communities the world over.

As for your friend, he cannot be a Muslim if he doesn't observe the tenets of Quran and Sunnah. You obviously aren't the sharpest pencil in the box.

• zombie
    edited January 2015
    Options
    There are many muslims who don't observe all the sunnah i don't think that disqualifies them from being muslims and neither do they. You refuse to see that the word that is used makes no difference and will continue to make yourself look like an idiot ok that is your choice therefore talking to you is a waste of time

MUHAMMAD was a total enslaving evil mad man

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "No prayer is harder for the hypocrites than the Fajr and the 'Isha' prayers and if they knew the reward for these prayers at their respective times, they would certainly present themselves (in the mosques) even if they had to c awl." The Prophet added, "Certainly I decided to order the Mu'adh-dhin (call-maker) to pronounce Iqama and order a man to lead the prayer and then take a fire flame to burn all those who had not left their houses so far for the prayer along with their houses."
    Sahih Bukhari 1:11:626
  • Kwan Dai
    Options
    @zombie‌

There are many muslims who don't observe all the sunnah i don't think that disqualifies them from being muslims and neither do they. You refuse to see that the word that is used makes no difference and will continue to make yourself look like an idiot ok that is your choice therefore talking to you is a waste of time

There are many Muslims that do not follow Quran and Sunnah to the letter. If, there were that would make them perfect which, is simply not possible. Your point is valid. However, you said " he does not actually observe his religion". Therefore he cannot be Muslim. And while I dismiss made up words , you continue dismiss words with traceable etymology and definitions. Perhaps this has been a waste of time.

MUHAMMAD was a total enslaving evil mad man

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "No prayer is harder for the hypocrites than the Fajr and the 'Isha' prayers and if they knew the reward for these prayers at their respective times, they would certainly present themselves (in the mosques) even if they had to c awl." The Prophet added, "Certainly I decided to order the Mu'adh-dhin (call-maker) to pronounce Iqama and order a man to lead the prayer and then take a fire flame to burn all those who had not left their houses so far for the prayer along with their houses."
    Sahih Bukhari 1:11:626 [/quote]

Excellent. What else you got?

• zombie
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @KwanDai

obviously I meant he does not observe every little detail, but anyway it makes no difference to the criticism made of islam in this thread none of which you have properly addresses. Instead you wanted to have a vocabulary debate.

No one individual decides who is and who is not a muslim ,christian, hindu etc etc, etc. So you and the muslims like you that claim these islamist are not muslims are talking out of your ass. why should the world not consider you and boko haram BOTH to be muslims??? you are just different sides of the same coin because you both follow the example of you founder the false prophet muhammad (death be upon him). If muhammad did not live the way he did then your side would have a point but unfortunatly muslims sources confirm that muhammad was an enslaver and murderer who ordered slavery and murder.
  • Kwan Dai
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @‌ zombie

obviously I meant he does not observe every little detail, but anyway it makes no difference to the criticism made of islam in this thread none of which you have properly addresses. Instead you wanted to have a vocabulary debate.

You stay back tracking. It makes a huge difference and I addressed every criticism properly. Whether it was to your liking doesn't discredit what I have offered.

It wasn't a vocabulary debate. I pointed how you and others like you use inappropriate titles and definitions for groups such as Boko Haram with the only intention of demeaning Islam and Muslims who oppose groups and the actions of groups like Boko Haram.

No one individual decides who is and who is not a muslim ,christian, hindu etc etc, etc. So you and the muslims like you that claim these islamist are not muslims are talking out of your ass. why should the world not consider you and boko haram BOTH to be muslims??? you are just different sides of the same coin because you both follow the example of you founder the false prophet muhammad (death be upon him). If muhammad did not live the way he did then your side would have a point but unfortunatly muslims sources confirm that muhammad was an enslaver and murderer who ordered slavery and murder.

What other religions do is what other religions do. Islam is a religion that requires one ponder over it and seek out greater knowledge if, one doesn't have it themselves. In Islam the majority rules and the majority of Muslims who's numbers are 1.5 billion says groups like Boko, aren't Muslims, have no connection to Islam, denounce violence, terrorism etc etc. And this is Shia, Sufi, Sunni, Salafi, NOI etc etc. It's you are speaking from a closed perspective. My perspective is more inline with the real world. You and the three other ignoramus co-signing you can continue regurgitating White Christian\Judeo rhetoric all you like, it doesn't make it any more true. No matter how many times you repeat it.

• zombie
    Options
    @‌ zombie

You stay back tracking. It makes a huge difference and I addressed every criticism properly. Whether it was to your liking doesn't discredit what I have offered.

It wasn't a vocabulary debate. I pointed how you and others like you use inappropriate titles and definitions for groups such as Boko Haram with the only intention of demeaning Islam and Muslims who oppose groups and the actions of groups like Boko Haram.

What other religions do is what other religions do. Islam is a religion that requires one ponder over it and seek out greater knowledge if, one doesn't have it themselves. In Islam the majority rules and the majority of Muslims who's numbers are 1.5 billion says groups like Boko, aren't Muslims, have no connection to Islam, denounce violence, terrorism etc etc. And this is Shia, Sufi, Sunni, Salafi, NOI etc etc. It's you are speaking from a closed perspective. My perspective is more inline with the real world. You and the three other ignoramus co-signing you can continue regurgitating White Christian\Judeo rhetoric all you like, it doesn't make it any more true. No matter how many times you repeat it.

I don't back track i give greater depth to what i previously say and no one here agree with you so you have not properly explained a ? thing nor can you because the erasure of words does not change a concepts meaning.

yes well boko haram has pondered over islam and has come to the conclusion that it's ok to enslave little girls majority rules my ass do all you muslim in the world sit down and vote on what you believe every year?? No. and most sunnis don't consider shia to be muslims in the first place so you are talking out of your ass once again. AND STOP blaming the negative opinions other have of islam on white people/white media, it's disrespectful and ? pathetic. You don't think black people or anyone else can read your sources study your religion and come to our own conclusion that it's evil fuckery created my murderous madmen.

all you need to be a muslims is to believe and declare the shahada that is all
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Muslim scholars and knowledgeable Muslims do not use made up words such as Islamists, and fundamentalists.
    fundamentalists are a concept that exists in multiple religions. anyone who does not use this word claiming it's "made up" is neither a scholar or knowledgeable.

now, you can debate what makes someone a fundamentalist, if certain people/groups qualify, etc, etc. but if you claim the word isn't real? well...
    Roll your eyes. Are you a 10 year old female?
    nah, just a person who read some ridiculous ? on the internet yesterday.
    Don't be dense.
    honestly, someone claiming words aren't real because they hurt his feelings should not be telling anyone to not be dense.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Boko Haram isn't helping the reputation of Muslims that's for sure. Someone in the higher ups needs to tell them to chill

This is certainly 100% truth and well put. However, Muslims all over the world have denounced, written articles, and given sermons more times then I can count. Not just for Non-Muslim consumption. There has always been Muslims who speak out and warn Muslims of Imams and organizations who are seen as not following Islam properly or flat out not Muslim at all. So, it's been done and being done all the time.

My perspective is always skewed because, I am a Black man in America. I don't trust our Media, Politicians, and talking heads to report truthfully and accurately, on anything concerning Non-Whites home or abroad. So, I am always interested in the fine detail.

That's good, and you are right to not completely trust our media and definitely not our crooked politicians. I will admit many Muslims have denounced Boko Haram but with that being said, why do you think Boko Haram has attached themselves so strongly to Islam and the Koran?

And what is the context in which slavery is allowed in Islam? I ask because Boko Haram claims the Koran allows them to kidnap women and girls to sell into slavery and ? knows what else.
  • zombie
    edited January 2015
    Options
    islam permit the capturing of people and their enslavement under conditions of war if they are not muslims but a muslim can be a slave and conversion does not cancel slavery. slavery is deeply part of islam which is probably why there has never been a serious organic and wide spread attempt to end the practice in the muslim world, at least not until recently.

there were rebellions but no attempt to end slavery were ever made by muslims in power.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    zombie wrote: »
    islam permit the capturing of people and their enslavement under conditions of war if they are not muslims but a muslim can be a slave and conversion does not cancel slavery. slavery is deeply part of islam which is probably why there has never been a serious organic and wide spread attempt to end the practice in the muslim world, at least not until recently.

there were rebellions but no attempt to end slavery were ever made by muslims in power.

Disgraceful. Easy to see why so many mock Islam around the world, if this is true.
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Any Nigerians here or those very familiar with it? Does Boko Haram want the northeast as its own state or do they want to conquer all of Nigeria??
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any Nigerians here or those very familiar with it? Does Boko Haram want the northeast as its own state or do they want to conquer all of Nigeria??

Can only assume they want the whole state. Why settle only for the northeast when you are easily steamrolling through the country.
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »

Can only assume they want the whole state. Why settle only for the northeast when you are easily steamrolling through the country.

If they do that it will be a bloodbath. Remember the south is christian. It will be yugoslavia all over agin. You will have chiristian paramilitary forces that will fight Boko Haram tooth and nail. The national army disappear and you will sectarian militias with no oversight will be doing human rights violations.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    question is, are they steam-rolling, or picking off the low-hanging fruit?