Options
    zombie wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    Ta-Nehisi Coates said it best: converting the slaves to Christianity was a MISTAKE. It gave them hope and inspiration. Nat Turner literally did what he did because he learned to read and picked up the Old Testament.

So being in slavery wasn't enough to ? whites? Like damn stop giving the bible credit for basic human instinct

Exactly, one can easily say the Bible supporting slavery was just as big a motivator for American Christian slave owners to KEEP slavery.

After all, we now know the Confederacy was made up of very religious Christians who loved and praised the Bible.

If slavery was supported by the bible and the white people who had slaves had them because they were devote christians then why didn't they practice slavery the way the bible told the ancient israelites to practice it???

you are talking out of your ass like you always do

The American Christians who loved slavery and the Bible used and found plenty of Bible passages to support their deep love of slavery and the ? of their slaves. I'm sure one of the most popular passages in the Bible for American Christian slave owners was the part of the Bible where it demands that slaves ALWAYS obey their masters? I'm pretty sure American Christians got plenty of slave ass when they reminded their shackled and traumatized slaves that the Bible DEMANDS slaves obey them. How convenient the Bible also allows the beating of slaves too? No sex or ? for Master Whittleton? Well then a beating is Biblically supported, of course!!!

Don't act like American pastors and deacons didn't have plenty of slaves to ? and sell for a profit at will. The Bible at no point says slavery is bad and wrong. There is a reason Nat Turner was killed by his fellow Christians LOL HAHAHA, ahhhh the irony

You know what ? I'm not going to deconstruct this ? for the 10th thousandth time.

And I know why....

Because you're scared to admit that the heads of Protestant and Catholic churches agreed for a thousand plus years, since the earliest days of Christianity, that the Bible supports slavery and the mistreatment of slaves. For all your talk, the reality shows that the Catholic and Protestant churches for a very, very long time agreed with me that the Bible completely sanctions slavery, under multiple conditions. It is what it is, history is not on your side.

I do admit many Christians eventually fought against slavery.

No, you don't know why but i'll tell you why I don't want to have this discussion again for the 1000000000th time. It's because it produces nothing positive , you simple refuse to accept that the reality IS more complex than what you think it is. LIKE I'VE TOLD YOU MANY TIMES ALREADY Christians had slaves certain pastors in the past even had slaves HOWEVER the bible does not sanction any person being chattel.

and those Christians that had slaves it was not because of the bible because if it was they would have practiced slavery in the same way the Israelites did.

SMH.... You don't know what the ? you are talking about and you refuse to learn so there is very little I can do for you.

I know exactly what I'm talking about, I've spoken to priests and pastors on this subject and I've left them tongue tied and looking silly in front of others. The passages of the Bible speak for themselves, why else did Christians LOVE those Bible passages for so long throughout history? Practicing slavery as the Israelites did would STILL mean beating slaves was okay, and would still mean the children of slaves are automatically slaves.

Christians for a THOUSAND PLUS years agreed the Bible supports slavery, otherwise Christians for a thousand plus years wouldn't have used the Bible to support their actions.

Leviticus Chapter 25, verse 44:

Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.

--Maybe I should go over to Mexico or Nigeria and buy myself a few sex slaves and read Leviticus to them. I'd have a grand old time I bet. I can get them pregnant and create some more future sex slaves too! Wow, maybe I should turn into a Christian.

here we go again....... smh...... did you actually read that verse and put it into the context of your argument
    you are such a stupid ignorant ? i've become tired of talking to you about religion.

who is that verse speaking to??? not christians and i'll say it again for the last time the bible does not accept and person being treated like chattel

If you say so dum dum. Please name the Bible passages that indicate slavery and the beating of slaves is wrong.

I can wait.

listen lil ? can you also not read???? i said i am not going there with you because i have answered that question for you already i've done so like 214345 times. It's tiring having to address the same thing to the same person every few weeks or months.

Exodus 21:16 Whoever steals a man and sells him, and anyone found in possession of him, shall be put to death.

One passage out of many that support slavery, but of course the Bible has a contradictory feel to it, which is another problem I and many have with the book.

As Soloman said though, there are stories that can be learned from in the Bible but as a rule book, you can excuse me for not taking it too seriously. If you enjoy the Bible good for you, but yeah I can read very well, I've read the Bible front to back at an early age. The more I read, the less I liked it but hey knock yourself out.

1 Timothy 1:8-11

8 We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. 9 We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who ? their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 10 for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine 11 that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed ? , which he entrusted to me.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No just brainwashed
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ta-Nehisi Coates said it best: converting the slaves to Christianity was a MISTAKE. It gave them hope and inspiration. Nat Turner literally did what he did because he learned to read and picked up the Old Testament.

So being in slavery wasn't enough to ? whites? Like damn stop giving the bible credit for basic human instinct

Exactly, one can easily say the Bible supporting slavery was just as big a motivator for American Christian slave owners to KEEP slavery.

After all, we now know the Confederacy was made up of very religious Christians who loved and praised the Bible.

If slavery was supported by the bible and the white people who had slaves had them because they were devote christians then why didn't they practice slavery the way the bible told the ancient israelites to practice it???

The American Christians who loved slavery and the Bible used and found plenty of Bible passages to support their deep love of slavery and the ? of their slaves. I'm sure one of the most popular passages in the Bible for American Christian slave owners was the part of the Bible where it demands that slaves ALWAYS obey their masters? I'm pretty sure American Christians got plenty of slave ass when they reminded their shackled and traumatized slaves that the Bible DEMANDS slaves obey them. How convenient the Bible also allows the beating of slaves too? No sex or ? for Master Whittleton? Well then a beating is Biblically supported, of course!!!

Don't act like American pastors and deacons didn't have plenty of slaves to ? and sell for a profit at will. The Bible at no point says slavery is bad and wrong. There is a reason Nat Turner was killed by his fellow Christians LOL HAHAHA, ahhhh the irony

You know what ? I'm not going to deconstruct this ? for the 10th thousandth time.

And I know why....

Because you're scared to admit that the heads of Protestant and Catholic churches agreed for a thousand plus years, since the earliest days of Christianity, that the Bible supports slavery and the mistreatment of slaves. For all your talk, the reality shows that the Catholic and Protestant churches for a very, very long time agreed with me that the Bible completely sanctions slavery, under multiple conditions. It is what it is, history is not on your side.

No, you don't know why but i'll tell you why I don't want to have this discussion again for the 1000000000th time. It's because it produces nothing positive , you simple refuse to accept that the reality IS more complex than what you think it is. LIKE I'VE TOLD YOU MANY TIMES ALREADY Christians had slaves certain pastors in the past even had slaves HOWEVER the bible does not sanction any person being chattel.

and those Christians that had slaves it was not because of the bible because if it was they would have practiced slavery in the same way the Israelites did.

SMH.... You don't know what the ? you are talking about and you refuse to learn so there is very little I can do for you.

I know exactly what I'm talking about, I've spoken to priests and pastors on this subject and I've left them tongue tied and looking silly in front of others. The passages of the Bible speak for themselves, why else did Christians LOVE those Bible passages for so long throughout history? Practicing slavery as the Israelites did would STILL mean beating slaves was okay, and would still mean the children of slaves are automatically slaves.

Christians for a THOUSAND PLUS years agreed the Bible supports slavery, otherwise Christians for a thousand plus years wouldn't have used the Bible to support their actions.

Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property. You can will them to your children as inherited property and can make them slaves for life, but you must not rule over your fellow Israelites ruthlessly.

--Maybe I should go over to Mexico or Nigeria and buy myself a few sex slaves and read Leviticus to them. I'd have a grand old time I bet. I can get them pregnant and create some more future sex slaves too! Wow, maybe I should turn into a Christian.

here we go again....... smh...... did you actually read that verse and put it into the context of your argument
    you are such a stupid ignorant ? i've become tired of talking to you about religion.

who is that verse speaking to??? not christians and i'll say it again for the last time the bible does not accept and person being treated like chattel

If you say so dum dum. Please name the Bible passages that indicate slavery and the beating of slaves is wrong.

I can wait.

listen lil ? can you also not read???? i said i am not going there with you because i have answered that question for you already i've done so like 214345 times. It's tiring having to address the same thing to the same person every few weeks or months.

Exodus 21:16 Whoever steals a man and sells him, and anyone found in possession of him, shall be put to death.

One passage out of many that support slavery, but of course the Bible has a contradictory feel to it, which is another problem I and many have with the book.

As Soloman said though, there are stories that can be learned from in the Bible but as a rule book, you can excuse me for not taking it too seriously. If you enjoy the Bible good for you, but yeah I can read very well, I've read the Bible front to back at an early age. The more I read, the less I liked it but hey knock yourself out.

8 We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. 9 We also know that the law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who ? their fathers or mothers, for murderers, 10 for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine 11 that conforms to the gospel concerning the glory of the blessed ? , which he entrusted to me.

Yes, it is known that you can do all sorts of foul ? and be absolved of your sins. Catholicism has cornered the market on that aspect of the Christianity.
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why just Black Christians? What about Caucasian Christians / Catholics? Asian Christians?
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img]http://hateandanger.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/cherrypicking-vengeful-? -skipping-put-to-sword-every-man-woman-flipping-pages-a-slave-shall-obey-flip-sent-two-she-bears-to-? -the-children-who-more-flipping-oh-good-listen-to-this-a.jpg[/img]
    in all insincerity this is one of the biggest issues with church sermons of any faith that uses its sacred writings a a Thesaurus Dictionary hybrid and how people interpret the various holy books. A argument can be made for any thing if you randomly pick and choose statements/phrases from different points in any large book/manuscript. There is reason books have a linear story so that context and scope can be ascertained and when that is lost so is the point of the phrases statements framed to show it...

I know the context of the Bible stories very well, and one thing I know for sure is that in any case, the Bible at no point says slavery is wrong or evil, although most of us would admit this today.

If one thinks slavery and the beating of slaves is perfectly fine, that's on them. But as someone who can clearly see how slavery has ? up many Black people for generations mentally, I have a very low respect for the Bible and what it stands for. The Bible supports too much wicked behavior for me to take it seriously, no coincidence some of the most evil people in history cherished the Bible so much. Christian slave owners didn't have to cherry pick the Bible on slavery, the Bible at NO point says it is wrong.

Of course it does not say it is wrong it gives examples throughout it of the Abrahamic descendants being slaves or owners, the time frame of its writing is one in which that was common place in the world. The problem with African Diaspora TransAtlantic Slavery is the racial pretenses that the "Cherry pickers" were using to make their argument for its institution. Some of the many lessons to be gleaned from biblical Literature is Historical Context and seeing how the conditions of the time impacted people when read in proper context you can learn lessons so those same conditions can be overcome or avoided. Those who do not Learn from the past are doomed to repeat it and those who blindly ignore the truths of yesterday based on others misuse of information are doing a equal disservice to all. The debate about lack of condemnation of slavery is missing the rest of the points showing the downsides of slavery through the linear stories with slavery being themes in. All that said fam Ultimately we can choose to soak up lessons and keep it moving without conforming to those who are stuck on the manipulating interpretation of the letter and thus missing the spirit and intent of the words...

The reason why pastors cherry pick is because they usually have no other choice, there is simply too much information with too much philosophical and metaphysical implications for them to tell you it all at once and to begin with most of them don't know or understand the bible beyond the base level anyway they won't get into the languages and cultural context of the time.

and that's just the religious aspect you ask them to get into the history and they cannot do it.

I cannot rock with this ? I have read the bible front to back in its various different denominations Editions/versions(Apocrypha's included) 13 times since I was 9 and that answer is one commonly used to rationalize information manipulation. The bible and all Holy Books from any religion and all books of Philosophy from any school of thought and all history books are meant to be read in a linear fashion or the story the writers were originally telling are lost to lack of context, the practice of selecting phrases and verses out of the context of the books they come from is intentionally deceitful and done under the guise of infallibility of the words being abused by the deceivers...

You are correct but it's hard to teach people anything that way. what I basically said was that plenty faith leaders lack the skill necessary to teach.

For example if you want to teach me about Gideon the way you propose then that would be fine if we are just talking about a linear story.

but if you wanted to teach me a concept then you have to jump around in the text to show me why that Same concept relates to Gideon.

You're purposely missing the point Solomon and Kingblaze are making.

Let's say I'm teaching a lesson about how wars are fought and use the Bush administration as an example. I can talk about the air strikes and how the ground troops were implemented, but if I don't mention plainly the political deceitfulness that took place, I am, by definition, cherry picking history. I am mis-contextualizing the story to fit my agenda.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img]http://hateandanger.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/cherrypicking-vengeful-? -skipping-put-to-sword-every-man-woman-flipping-pages-a-slave-shall-obey-flip-sent-two-she-bears-to-? -the-children-who-more-flipping-oh-good-listen-to-this-a.jpg[/img]
    in all insincerity this is one of the biggest issues with church sermons of any faith that uses its sacred writings a a Thesaurus Dictionary hybrid and how people interpret the various holy books. A argument can be made for any thing if you randomly pick and choose statements/phrases from different points in any large book/manuscript. There is reason books have a linear story so that context and scope can be ascertained and when that is lost so is the point of the phrases statements framed to show it...

I know the context of the Bible stories very well, and one thing I know for sure is that in any case, the Bible at no point says slavery is wrong or evil, although most of us would admit this today.

If one thinks slavery and the beating of slaves is perfectly fine, that's on them. But as someone who can clearly see how slavery has ? up many Black people for generations mentally, I have a very low respect for the Bible and what it stands for. The Bible supports too much wicked behavior for me to take it seriously, no coincidence some of the most evil people in history cherished the Bible so much. Christian slave owners didn't have to cherry pick the Bible on slavery, the Bible at NO point says it is wrong.

Of course it does not say it is wrong it gives examples throughout it of the Abrahamic descendants being slaves or owners, the time frame of its writing is one in which that was common place in the world. The problem with African Diaspora TransAtlantic Slavery is the racial pretenses that the "Cherry pickers" were using to make their argument for its institution. Some of the many lessons to be gleaned from biblical Literature is Historical Context and seeing how the conditions of the time impacted people when read in proper context you can learn lessons so those same conditions can be overcome or avoided. Those who do not Learn from the past are doomed to repeat it and those who blindly ignore the truths of yesterday based on others misuse of information are doing a equal disservice to all. The debate about lack of condemnation of slavery is missing the rest of the points showing the downsides of slavery through the linear stories with slavery being themes in. All that said fam Ultimately we can choose to soak up lessons and keep it moving without conforming to those who are stuck on the manipulating interpretation of the letter and thus missing the spirit and intent of the words...

The reason why pastors cherry pick is because they usually have no other choice, there is simply too much information with too much philosophical and metaphysical implications for them to tell you it all at once and to begin with most of them don't know or understand the bible beyond the base level anyway they won't get into the languages and cultural context of the time.

and that's just the religious aspect you ask them to get into the history and they cannot do it.

I cannot rock with this ? I have read the bible front to back in its various different denominations Editions/versions(Apocrypha's included) 13 times since I was 9 and that answer is one commonly used to rationalize information manipulation. The bible and all Holy Books from any religion and all books of Philosophy from any school of thought and all history books are meant to be read in a linear fashion or the story the writers were originally telling are lost to lack of context, the practice of selecting phrases and verses out of the context of the books they come from is intentionally deceitful and done under the guise of infallibility of the words being abused by the deceivers...

You are correct but it's hard to teach people anything that way. what I basically said was that plenty faith leaders lack the skill necessary to teach.

For example if you want to teach me about Gideon the way you propose then that would be fine if we are just talking about a linear story.

but if you wanted to teach me a concept then you have to jump around in the text to show me why that Same concept relates to Gideon.

You're purposely missing the point Solomon and Kingblaze are making.

Let's say I'm teaching a lesson about how wars are fought and use the Bush administration as an example. I can talk about the air strikes and how the ground troops were implemented, but if I don't mention plainly the political deceitfulness that took place, I am, by definition, cherry picking history. I am mis-contextualizing the story to fit my agenda.

I understand perfectly what you are trying to say but like I said most faith leaders lack the necessary talent to give proper context to everything every single time they teach.

It would be like teaching history and in every lesson you have to start at year one it's simply to cumbersome. That's why the bible it self advocates studying it by yourself.

Preachers also don't always teach about the series of events that make up a story.
  • zzombie
    Options
    Jabu_Rule wrote: »

And I know why....

I can wait.

Yes, it is known that you can do all sorts of foul ? and be absolved of your sins. Catholicism has cornered the market on that aspect of the Christianity.

That's not what that quote is even saying. Smh..
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do I think that black Christians are stupid? The question itself is based on a huge generalization, so an answer to that question would only be as big of a generalization.

Some black Christians are clearly stupid. Some clearly aren't. *Shrugs*. Religion, let alone Christianity, doesn't make you stupid. Being stupid makes you stupid.
  • phukkyou2
    phukkyou2 Members Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I believe Muslims are misguided a little bit even though they get most of it

They all claim Black Pride This & Black People That but Islam was started by a White Guy.

They say Catholicism/Christianity is the White Mans religion but Yeshua was Brown/Dark Brown and rose from The East in the area and the Times of the Original Man that Muslims LOVE pointing out were indeed "Black".

Love pointing out "White Jesus" but couldn't even tell you who White Jesus is without pulling out their phone or acknowledging Scripture.

Love talking ? about Catholics but have know idea what the word "Catholic" means or how it came about.................

Love dwelling on Spirituality but be the Grimiest ? tho. Most Muslims (who are Black American) are the equivalent to a street named after Martin Luther King Jr. U know I ain't lyin either

But for the record, ? Ceasare Borgia. I complain all the time.
    63ffd16cdc8a39776ac540627b437eb5.jpg

jpII_Ukrainep.jpg
  • zzombie
    Options
    I don't think anyone actually believes Jesus was white
  • phukkyou2
    Options
    Nah buddy u know that's not true and if you Yourself were a White Person or a White Jew you'd probably have a similar perspective (understandably I guess).

The truth is the truth Brotha, even if it's too painful to admit. You just have to keep in mind that You, Lu, or anybody doesn't share the same Perspective of ? /The Sovereign LORD.

You can't be too upset knowing that this was already going down in the first place and will continue to do so until that One Day comes
  • phukkyou2
    Options
    *in some form or fashion
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    I don't think anyone actually believes Jesus was white
    probably depends somewhat on what you call "white"
    but i don't think anyone SERIOUSLY thinks he's stereotypical white guy unless they're actively putting no thought into it

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    phukkyou2 wrote: »

They all claim Black Pride This & Black People That but Islam was started by a White Guy.

They say Catholicism/Christianity is the White Mans religion but Yeshua was Brown/Dark Brown and rose from The East in the area and the Times of the Original Man that Muslims LOVE pointing out were indeed "Black".

Love pointing out "White Jesus" but couldn't even tell you who White Jesus is without pulling out their phone or acknowledging Scripture.

Love talking ? about Catholics but have know idea what the word "Catholic" means or how it came about.................

Love dwelling on Spirituality but be the Grimiest ? tho. Most Muslims (who are Black American) are the equivalent to a street named after Martin Luther King Jr. U know I ain't lyin either

jpII_Ukrainep.jpg

Why doesn't Black Jesus come back and correct those images for himself lol....he seems kind of comfortable with those images being out there....
  • zzombie
    Options

jpII_Ukrainep.jpg

Why doesn't Black Jesus come back and correct those images for himself lol....he seems kind of comfortable with those images being out there....

Why should he???
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2015
    Options

jpII_Ukrainep.jpg

Why should he???

No problem. I guess Black or Brown Jesus is comfortable with all the popular portrayals out there of him being a White guy. He has that right I guess.
  • phukkyou2
    edited May 2015
    Options

jpII_Ukrainep.jpg

Why should he???

No problem. I guess Black or Brown Jesus is comfortable with all the popular portrayals out there of him being a White guy. He has that right I guess.

trinity_chinese.jpg?w=640

jesus_tierra-santa-sacred-heart.jpg

catacomb_domitilla.jpg

e07fc8d1a.jpg

White-Jesus.jpg

chinese-jesus-11.jpg
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    I was speaking more of the TV shows and movies that usually portray him as White but yeah, JC is whatever one wants him to be
  • phukkyou2
    Options
    U mean I waited 48 hours for that ? ass rebuttal? C'mon son, you're better than that
  • kingblaze84
    edited May 2015
    Options
    U mean I waited 48 hours for that ? ass rebuttal? C'mon son, you're better than that

Lol, what did you expect me to say? Most TV shows and movies still have him portrayed as a White guy, and Black or Brown Jesus hasn't come back yet to counter those images, which are still dominant worldwide.

Assuming it's still alive of course.
  • phukkyou2
    Options
    None of those are TV Shows tho. Those are images people use as a representation of Christ. A symbol

See, we live in North America with this European Monarchy. All you know is White Jesus becuz that's all you see. You've been conditioned to believe EVERYBODY worships Ceasare Borgia when they don't. But believe me, I'm just as upset as you are (especially when it comes to Black Owned Churches).

Much love tho Brotha. I hold no malice towards you. I was Agnostic the first 24 years of these 26 here in this Hell, I get it
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    People want ? to be what they want him to be.

^^^ One of the realest statements ever regarding ? /religion.
  • thephantasm
    thephantasm Members Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Theres no black Christian in the bible but book of kings Ferdinand 5:8 states

Tho dark in resin origin need not uphold.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Isaiah 45 : 6-7
    More fire for your arsenal....
    Sad that you gonna take it and run the other way with it......
    Please read it

LOL!!!! You really wanted me to read this????

Isaiah 45:6-7King James Version (KJV)

6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the Lord, and there is none else.

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

---Okay, so based on me reading this, I have discovered the Bible ? invented disease, torture, slavery, ? , genocide and natural disasters that maim and destroy lives.

Thanks for proving how evil and horrible the Bible ? is. That means the Bible ? SANCTIONS ALL of the evil of the world today. The Bible ? is nothing less then a demonic beast worthy of disrespect and mockery.

I can CLEARLY SEE why evil ? such as Christopher Columbus and American slavery owners LOOOVED the Bible.

That's actually not what it says I had this discussion with you a long time ago. that passage is translated too strongly it actually says that the lord creates calamity not evil.

Oh like that's better. Fail!