WTF is a pantheist?

Options
700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
in another thread ive seen the word, i guess a religion, said. I could easily look online to find out about it but id rather hear other posters describe it to me.

Comments

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iirc pantheism is an idea that the universe is ?
    Options
    can you explain further, ive seen that on my online adventures

its something i already believed on my own, but i dont know if i could consider myself a pantheist

i considered myself an atheist at first but now im not so sure
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pantheist basically believe that everything is ?
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A pantheist is a ? .
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pantheism is that ? is everything and everywhere. That we are all aspects of ? meaning we are just different expressions of ? having a human experience in different forms and lifestyles.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    You find that in many African spiritual systems and also in ancient Indian beliefs.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As mentioned by others, it's the belief that basically all matter and nature makes up ? .

It's different from what the Bible teaches about ? being distinct and separate from nature.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Huhm_bruh wrote: »
    As mentioned by others, it's the belief that basically all matter and nature makes up ? .

It's different from what the Bible teaches about ? being distinct and separate from nature.

Pretty much my feelings on pantheism.
  • kingblaze84
    edited January 2015
    Options
    A pantheist is a ? .

So followers of traditional African religions are ? ? Most Hindus and theists are ? ?
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    A pantheist is a ? .

So followers of traditional African religions are ? ? Most Hindus and theists are ? ?

Na they were African ? scratchers, the others were ? though.
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i could be a pantheist then because i do kinda believe that the subatomic particles, energy could be called ?
    never really heard the term tho
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Our bodies are made up the same elements that make up stars. The ancient people weren't talking ? when they said we were a star people.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    Our bodies are made up the same elements that make up stars. The ancient people weren't talking ? when they said we were a star people.

YES, they knew what they were talking about
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? right, more pantheist on the board, making me feel at home.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    That name sounds like a ? feline creature though.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    So followers of traditional African religions are ? ?
    turns out the followers of traditional African religions were white men all along!

• kingblaze84
    edited January 2015
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    So followers of traditional African religions are ? ?
    turns out the followers of traditional African religions were white men all along!

LOL Damn I would have never known
    Options
    If you break down the universe and you break down a Planet, star, human, plant, water, or mineral you will fine we all have the same basic building blocks.

thats what i believed and pantheism seems like the religion i been following without even knowing

thats why i wanted to learn more
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

im a star

in my own right
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see I'm not the only one who's interest was piqued by the use of this term in that thread the other day. It's crazy because I've already came to this conclusion on my own. I've been browsing around different forms of spirituality for a minute and now I think I can narrow my search a lil based off of forms that fall under this banner. Anybody got any recommendations for forms of spirituality that subscribe to this belief?
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    G.Avant wrote: »
    I see I'm not the only one who's interest was piqued by the use of this term in that thread the other day. It's crazy because I've already came to this conclusion on my own. I've been browsing around different forms of spirituality for a minute and now I think I can narrow my search a lil based off of forms that fall under this banner. Anybody got any recommendations for forms of spirituality that subscribe to this belief?

not that i recommend subscribing, but it's right in line with a bunch of New Age belief u can find writings on the belief in any new age section of a bookstore...not sure about any 'official' religion with this as a core belief

• Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Jedi Knights and the study of the force
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dont worship, dont pray, dont go to church.

Th is is a belief not a religion, there are no rules and things you have to follow. Just try to live a life that makes you exceedingly happy without stepping on others peoples toes. Treat everything and everybody like you would want to be treated, i meditate, and take hallucinagins but thats not everybody. DMT IS NEXT!!!
  • REV_RAGE
    REV_RAGE Members Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Taoist should qualify as well IMO.