124»

Comments

• zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »
    Christians Who Don't Celebrate Christmas: Here's Why
    http://www.ucg.org/doctrinal-beliefs/christians-who-dont-celebrate-christmas-heres-why/
    "I cannot find Christmas in the Bible nor can I find that Jesus Christ told us to observe Christmas. Santa Claus is a lie that some people teach their children every year. For that matter, Christmas is false since it has nothing to do with Christ or His birthday.
    "Beyond this, business people, who make most of their income during this time of the year, have increasingly promoted Christmas. Well-meaning people go in debt during Christmas time to give gifts to other people, which in turn motivates other people to give gifts to them. It makes no sense to keep a religious holiday that is not biblical, that Christ never sanctioned, that promotes lying to children, that puts people in debt and that blinds people to what Christ really taught."
    It is a historical fact that Christmas is not the day or the season when Christ was born. So why observe a day that is a lie? Most people do not want to admit this fact. For example, how does the use of Santa Claus depict the birth of Christ? How does the Christmas tree depict Christ? Celebrating Christmas violates at least the First, Second and Third Commandments of ? 's Ten Commandments. Observing a pagan holiday is a sin. ? condemns the worship of pagan gods.
    "The Bible does not command people to observe the birth of Christ as a holiday. This day, Dec. 25, is the date that has been observed for centuries as a pagan holiday in honor of the pagan sun ? . ? commands those who want to serve Him not to observe pagan holidays or any custom that breaks His holy laws.

ONCE AGAIN thanks for the delivery of information that most people already had in the first place. christmas is not a required holiday but as practiced by bible believing christians it does not violate the tenets of the religion and celebration of birthdays, the 4th of july or presidents day are also not ordered by jesus christians who have a problem with christmas occupy a minority position which is perfectly fine and scripture give them a right to do so but is also give the rest of us the right to follow our conscious in the matter

27 If an unbeliever invites you to a meal and you want to go, eat whatever is put before you without raising questions of conscience. 28 But if someone says to you, “This has been offered in sacrifice,” then do not eat it, both for the sake of the one who told you and for the sake of conscience. 29 I am referring to the other person’s conscience, not yours. For why is my freedom being judged by another’s conscience? 30 If I take part in the meal with thankfulness, why am I denounced because of something I thank ? for?

31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of ? . 32 Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of ? — 33 even as I try to please everyone in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved

1 cor 10