Is the Maschine MK2 worth the price?

Options
silverfoxx
silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
Definetly looking into purchising a new MIDI controller, my main issue with my music is my workfield, which can be tedious, inconvient, and frustraing using a mouse in fl studio clicking ? , and forgetting what pattern i wanted to compose. I have a mini Akai keyboard, but i only use it for keyboard notes, and not for recording since the timing is off in fl studio. The beatpad is horrible, and mines is currently messed up based on the software linking.

Ive heard great things from Maschine, and ive seen how convient their hardware/software makes the proccess of composing better. The price is ? ridicolous though. I was trying to get a Maschine MK1, but its discontinued now and the used ones doesnt come with software, or if it does, then the risk is to much to take from bogus sellers.

Asking price is 659.00, does anyone uses one? Is it worth ? Im ready to take the next level with my music and FINALLY make whats on my mind, instead of forgetting what the ? i wanted to make based on clicking notes and ? bruh.

Comments

• (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Bro, I just purchased the MK2 back in October and did nothing but study up on the hardware for the next 2 weeks and my production has increased 10 fold.

This would especially be great for you since you mentioned forgetting your patterns before recording them (which was always my biggest issue). The workflow on Maschine has been insane b/c as soon as I have an idea come to mind it allows me to have it all layed down w/ in seconds. It's also some of the best pads I've ever had coming from an MPD32 & Axiom 49 previously.

If you do make the investment just make sure you commit to getting pass the short learning curve and try to get down all the features and hot keys. You'll be thankful you did.

It comes with it's own standalone DAW which is godly IMO but you can also use it as a VI in any other DAW of your choice, which I sometimes do w/ Logic & ProTools.

If you do cop, these two YouTube channels helped me a lot w/ learning it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7mYSV0d-Xmo0afv9qTNMYw?spfreload=10

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQIhzW3zU6LWRcPisaO51_w
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get it. I see and hear nothing but great things about it. I use Reason 8 but if I had to buy anything next, it would be a Maschine most likely.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    Bro, I just purchased the MK2 back in October and did nothing but study up on the hardware for the next 2 weeks and my production has increased 10 fold.

This would especially be great for you since you mentioned forgetting your patterns before recording them (which was always my biggest issue). The workflow on Maschine has been insane b/c as soon as I have an idea come to mind it allows me to have it all layed down w/ in seconds. It's also some of the best pads I've ever had coming from an MPD32 & Axiom 49 previously.

If you do make the investment just make sure you commit to getting pass the short learning curve and try to get down all the features and hot keys. You'll be thankful you did.

It comes with it's own standalone DAW which is godly IMO but you can also use it as a VI in any other DAW of your choice, which I sometimes do w/ Logic & ProTools.

If you do cop, these two YouTube channels helped me a lot w/ learning it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7mYSV0d-Xmo0afv9qTNMYw?spfreload=10

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQIhzW3zU6LWRcPisaO51_w

Appreciate it bruh, im copping it next month around my birthday.Excited AF lol but i be seeing ? live performing on that ? and doing crazy things on the boards. How long did i take you to get familar with the hardware? Also the place im getting it at told me it comes with the GOAT of GOATS vsts Ominsphere and some sounds from Komplete. And sounds from the DAW itself bruh, crazy deal.

Also can you hook it up to FL Studio? Man i cant find any videos on youtube with maschine and fl studio.
  • Rue_Flexington
    Rue_Flexington Members Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got the Maschine MK1 off ebay for about 175.00 I just had to make sure the previous owner contacted Native Instruments about removing his data from it. If you're going with the MK2 version MaschineMasters.com is the best way to go. They also have a youtube channel as well that's where I learned the most from. Also if you're using the windows system download the latest version of ASIO4All if you're working with the standalone. The only downside to it is you can't hear any other media besides Maschine. I had to learn the hard way and did most of my beats with Ableton Live 9. Trust me the standalone is 10x better when you get the hang of it. What I'm working on now is mixing so hopefully this helps.

Here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQOkvwohGyk

Tutorial Series: Integrating Maschine with FL Studio pt. 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwTEpxKB6As

Tutorial Series: Integrating Maschine with FL Studio pt. 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K5qEEAdIPM

Tutorial Series: How to Use Maschine with FL Studio pt. 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNVm2xEJuv0

Tutorial Series: How to Use Maschine with FL Studio pt. 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOrLdEPpfgg

Tutorial Series: How to Use Maschine with FL Studio pt. 5

• silverfoxx
    Options
    IAmRue wrote: »
    I got the Maschine MK1 off ebay for about 175.00 I just had to make sure the previous owner contacted Native Instruments about removing his data from it. If you're going with the MK2 version MaschineMasters.com is the best way to go. They also have a youtube channel as well that's where I learned the most from. Also if you're using the windows system download the latest version of ASIO4All if you're working with the standalone. The only downside to it is you can't hear any other media besides Maschine. I had to learn the hard way and did most of my beats with Ableton Live 9. Trust me the standalone is 10x better when you get the hang of it. What I'm working on now is mixing so hopefully this helps.

Here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQOkvwohGyk

Tutorial Series: Integrating Maschine with FL Studio pt. 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwTEpxKB6As

Tutorial Series: Integrating Maschine with FL Studio pt. 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K5qEEAdIPM

Tutorial Series: How to Use Maschine with FL Studio pt. 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNVm2xEJuv0

Tutorial Series: How to Use Maschine with FL Studio pt. 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOrLdEPpfgg

Tutorial Series: How to Use Maschine with FL Studio pt. 5

Dope drop brother. When you record, did i take you time to manuever the pads like them crazy youtube ? ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noxjJcpBpzw
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUCmIgTwLeQ

Better video of what i meant... this ? is crazy man.
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If u got extra cash, get the Maschine Studio. Those dual colored screens is goat and improves the workflow. You don't even need to look at your computer! Yea it's listed at $1000 but I got mines at guitar center for $700. Just wait for the sales/coupons they offer during holidays.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    BarryHalls wrote: »
    If u got extra cash, get the Maschine Studio. Those dual colored screens is goat and improves the workflow. You don't even need to look at your computer! Yea it's listed at $1000 but I got mines at guitar center for $700. Just wait for the sales/coupons they offer during holidays.

? , just purchased the Mk2 white. Man i bought that ? on my birthday, and still not able to use it because the serial codes not working and i dont have a cd drive for activation. There is a way online but its not working.

Sent NI a email and Gutiar center did as well. Gotta call them tommorow since today is a holiday smh.

Spent 609 on it at guitar center. Dude was pressuring me to get the coverge on it for 90 dollars, saying its fragile....anyone no is it true or was he just trying to get commission?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    been thinking bout the studio for a minute, prolly be something to help me get my inspiration back, i wonder whats the difference/pros/cons between that and the mk2
    silverfoxx wrote: »
    Definetly looking into purchising a new MIDI controller, my main issue with my music is my workfield, which can be tedious, inconvient, and frustraing using a mouse in fl studio clicking ? , and forgetting what pattern i wanted to compose. I have a mini Akai keyboard, but i only use it for keyboard notes, and not for recording since the timing is off in fl studio. The beatpad is horrible, and mines is currently messed up based on the software linking.

Ive heard great things from Maschine, and ive seen how convient their hardware/software makes the proccess of composing better. The price is ? ridicolous though. I was trying to get a Maschine MK1, but its discontinued now and the used ones doesnt come with software, or if it does, then the risk is to much to take from bogus sellers.

Asking price is 659.00, does anyone uses one? Is it worth ? Im ready to take the next level with my music and FINALLY make whats on my mind, instead of forgetting what the ? i wanted to make based on clicking notes and ? bruh.

have u tried adjusting the buffer length?
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    been thinking bout the studio for a minute, prolly be something to help me get my inspiration back, i wonder whats the difference/pros/cons between that and the mk2

Yup, that ? still dont work....
  • BarryHalls
    Options

? , just purchased the Mk2 white. Man i bought that ? on my birthday, and still not able to use it because the serial codes not working and i dont have a cd drive for activation. There is a way online but its not working.

Sent NI a email and Gutiar center did as well. Gotta call them tommorow since today is a holiday smh.

Spent 609 on it at guitar center. Dude was pressuring me to get the coverge on it for 90 dollars, saying its fragile....anyone no is it true or was he just trying to get commission?

Yea NI is well known for those stupid serial numbers. Go to their forum and everyone ? about it including me. NI customer support ? sucks to. Good luck bruh.
  • BarryHalls
    Options

Haven't messed with the MK2 but from what I heard, it's pretty much the same. Your paying for convenience and the dual colored screens. It improves the workflow compared to the MK2. It basically feels like a standalone piece of equipment since you don't need to touch or look at your computer. The only time you need to use the computer is to type the name of the track when you save it. Other than that, everything can be done on those 2 screens.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    make sure you really really research before you buy
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? not fragile at all, people still using MK1's... ? tried to work you. However there's nothing wrong with protecting your investment when you're spending that much money.
  • silverfoxx
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »

? not fragile at all, people still using MK1's... ? tried to work you. However there's nothing wrong with protecting your investment when you're spending that much money.

Trill ? . He was like, what if you spill water on it? I was like bruh, im good smh....

ANNND my ? still not activated. Had this ? starring at me for 6 days and i cant even use it yet FML. Im a millsecond away from chocking a ? .
  • silverfoxx
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Just got my Maschine Mk2 finally activated, turned it on for the first time, and ? lol.

@(ob)Scene @Rue_Flexington You provided some good youtube channels but where do i start at from the beginning fam? Like i dont know any short cuts, triggers, nothing about the hardware or the application. Where are good tutorials for brand new users fresh? I wanna learn this program correctly this time, last time i skipped important ? in FL Studio that handicapped me to this day. I just wanna learn everything about it before i start creating stuff.

BTW i seen beginners for Maschine 1, but not the newest model (Mashcine MK2) with the updated software of 2.2. Cant find any yet, but man im ready to start lol.