New Experiences for Xbox One and Windows 10 Gamers

Options
The Prodigalson
The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
hero%20-%200114_outwindows_tv19_011815.jpg?h=349&w=620

Now, while Xbox is coming to Windows, Windows 10 is also coming to Xbox One. As you know, Xbox One runs on Windows today for its app environment. Later this year we’ll update to Windows 10 to enable seamless interaction with PC gamers and to give developers who want to extend their applications to the television an easy path to do so.

Source: http://news.xbox.com/2015/01/xbox-one-phil-spencer-unveils-new-experiences-for-xbox-one-and-windows-10-gamers

Comments

• The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? gonna be dope yo,
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mann ? all lat if I still cant watch a damn worldstar video on the app, its useless.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also the direct x12 api will be embedded in the new operating system and will also extend to the xbox one. for that reason alone im upgrading
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I might have to get an Xbox one now cuz of this... but what are the upcoming games looking like for the Xbox one, any exclusives dropping for that??
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    I want an Xbox. One now
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »
    Also the direct x12 api will be embedded in the new operating system and will also extend to the xbox one. for that reason alone im upgrading

Why, what does it contribute?
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If I don't hear about a new ? of War or Last Guardian soon I might end up switching to Xbox. I have a feeling Sony's gonna start dropping the ball.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »

Why, what does it contribute?

Well, with DX12, it enables multi CPU cores to have the ability of sending instructions to multi GPU cores. As opposed to DX11 and previous versions only being able to communicate one vote at a time. Without getting anymore technical, this pretty much increases both efficiency and graphical performance. It also cuts power consumption in half. So laptops with windows 10 will save on battery power as well. But the caveat to all of this is the developers have to take advantage of it. Still, it shows promise
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    If I don't hear about a new ? of War or Last Guardian soon I might end up switching to Xbox. I have a feeling Sony's gonna start dropping the ball.

It does seem like it. I mean they do have a pretty good lineup for this year, but they are real light on the interesting innovations. Project Morpheus is about the only thing they are working on out of the norm, and they've gone dark on that ? . That said, hasn't Sony basically said they were going to release something that was going to do something similar to this? I don't think it was as good though.