Black Woman Marries HERSELF Cause She Couldn’t Find A Husband By The Time She Turned 40

Comments

• silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you "loved" yourself you would care about your health, especially climbing in age. No reason for her to be out of shape if she "loved" herself. She would want to improve and make the best of who she is.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    @TruFireElectric
    We should talk sometime. PM me
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont read past posts but since some people in here so sensitive about what i post ill delete it

How the ? you make a thread but don't read ? past your initial post? Lmao! This thread was the guts and you missed it.

This ? 'bout to go cry in the car yo.
  • Bazz-B
    Bazz-B Members Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn I can't believe none of her friends try not to stop her from humiliating herself probably because they all think alike.
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bazz-B wrote: »
    Damn I can't believe none of her friends try not to stop her from humiliating herself probably because they all think alike.

This might be why:
    Yasmin Eleby: Not very many people knew it was a wedding. It was kind of a surprise. The invitations just said come celebrate my birthday in a unique way.
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bazz-B wrote: »

No real friend would had let this even go on. They are not her friends.
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • cainvelasquez
    cainvelasquez Members Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    where's the SMH button when you need one
  • Mastery
    edited January 2015
    Now if this don't beat all. I just checked a lady out here at the front desk here, 5'2'' 386lbs, and she got a husband, she 36, he 47, ? don't work, I asked for insurance purposes, but she got a husband smh

So that broad has a husband, even being shaped like an uneven mass of obseity, diabetes, and corn chips, while this broad can't find a man. Lol.

Sounds like the broad in the OP standards may be a bit too high considering what she looks at in the mirror everyday. IJS.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SWAMPGOD wrote: »
    "Check out this quote by Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche"

thats ya first mistake listenin to these ? africans stickin they noses in american affairs

You again and your ignorance. You're African American right?

The son of a Kenyan has been running "american affairs" for 7 years now.. why ain't you mad about that?
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely it's not her looks somethings wrong with her upstairs or her standards are ridiculous.
  • jayvon32
    jayvon32 Members Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when she goes through her own phone is she showing lack of trust in he marriage to herself? Will she plan for sexual activities with a ? , is it a threesome or is the ? just cheating on herself?

So many questions, so little sanity...

Basic ? !
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over half a million views though

Plus the numerous aliases and new accounts

Is it that hard for Black women in the States to settle down and get married?
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain wrote: »
    Now if this don't beat all. I just checked a lady out here at the front desk here, 5'2'' 386lbs, and she got a husband, she 36, he 47, ? don't work, I asked for insurance purposes, but she got a husband smh

It be half ton hoes on that My 600lb life show married and everything. This ? couldn't find one ? in the world to get with her. That right there let's you know she's spoiled and bat shitshit crazy

There you have it. I se fat ass chick come through her all the time with a man, seen some one legged broads in a wheelchair with a man. Yep, she bat ? crazy
  • MrMinimalist
    MrMinimalist Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain wrote: »
    Wall wrote: »
    update:Yasmin Eleby(woman who married herself speaks!!)

Yasmin-ElebyjpgCROPrtstoryvar-medium.jpg

Yasmin Eleby decided to make a committment to herself...with a wedding....and the Internet went off! Now, she's speaking out - revealing why she "married" herself and has no regrets about her choice. Check it...

The flowers were blooming. The band was in its place. And three ministers were on deck as 10 bridesmaid fluttered down the aisle. Then came the music....

But when a 40-year-old woman named Yasmin Eleby reached the altar, she stood there in front of a room full of family and friends to make a committment to love herself. She married herself. Crazy? Foolish? Waste of money? Yasmin doesn't think so.

"The ceremony is not about me being bitter for not having a man. It wasn’t like, “OK, I’m upset that I’m 40 and don’t have a man.” I wanted to show myself my self-love, my self-worth and my self-respect. It was always about me loving me. When ? sends me my husband, he will come, but until then, I’m OK with it just being with me."

After pics from her "Marriage To Self" went viral, trolls came from far and wide to diss and mock Yasmin...thank goodness her self-love, self-worth and self-respect are on fleek.

She sat down with Demetria Lucas D'oyley of The Root to breakdown how and why the wedding went down, what her friends said (and why they didnt stop her) and why she's NOT BOTHERED by the vicious comments.

Yasmin Eleby: For a few years leading up to my 40th birthday, I’d been joking that if I didn’t have a wedding by 40 that I would just have one myself without a groom. I thought having a wedding ceremony would be a unique way to celebrate my 40th with my family and my friends. And the closer that it got, I realized I had to put up or shut up.

The Root: I’ve been reading the reactions to all the stories on you, and a common comment is, “Where were her friends? They didn’t stop her!” When you told your friends—like, “Hey, guys, I’m going to have a wedding and marry myself!”—what did they say?

Yasmin Eleby: Some of them didn’t believe me. They thought I was joking, but once I explained to them what it would be about, they were supportive.

The Root: When the invites for the ceremony went out to guests, what was their response?

Yasmin Eleby: Not very many people knew it was a wedding. It was kind of a surprise. The invitations just said come celebrate my birthday in a unique way. I invited two of my exes. They were both happy for me. They were excited about it once they got there and realized what was happening.

The Root: A lot of people have assumed that marrying yourself was an act of desperation. What exactly was the ceremony about for you?

Yasmin Eleby: The ceremony is not about me being bitter for not having a man. It wasn’t like, “OK, I’m upset that I’m 40 and don’t have a man.” I wanted to show myself my self-love, my self-worth and my self-respect. It was always about me loving me. When ? sends me my husband, he will come, but until then, I’m OK with it just being with me.

The Root: What vows did you take during the ceremony?

Yasmin Eleby: The first one was about forgiving myself. We’ve all made mistakes. I had to realize that if I ask for forgiveness, then it’s done. I don’t have to keep dwelling on the past. I can let it go. My second vow was to honor myself as a beautiful, fabulous being, conscious of making decisions for myself and to honor my self-worth. The third vow was love. I made a promise to love myself and to know that the more love I have for myself, the more love I have to share with others.

The Root: This all sounds so sweet, but it’s been received in a much different light. What do you think of the reactions to your ceremony?

Yasmin Eleby: It has been blown way out of proportion. From the few comments that I’ve read, they’re trying to paint me as crazy or bitter about not having a husband, and that is so not the case. I’m not bitter, I‘m not crazy. I’m just a fun-loving unique individual, and I just wanted to do something special and different.

The Root: In hindsight, do you have any regrets about the ceremony?

Yasmin Eleby: Not one.

http://youtu.be/-dooU4YtYMM

This interview was already posted some pages back.

? you late dena ? too.

and he's the T/S

LMAO!! How you not know what's going on in your own thread? Lol

He probably seen 640 new posts and said "? it, I ain't going through all of this".

• Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Somewhere in Hollywood, Tyler Perry is writing a movie based on her life.
  • OGClarenceBoddicker
    OGClarenceBoddicker Members Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    SWAMPGOD wrote: »
    "Check out this quote by Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche"

thats ya first mistake listenin to these ? africans stickin they noses in american affairs

You again and your ignorance. You're African American right?

The son of a Kenyan has been running "american affairs" for 7 years now.. why ain't you mad about that?

aint ? ignorant about me, i just dont bite my tongue the way most of these brain dead american ? do

My blood is african but i wasnt raised in africa, we have different minds molded through different experiences

and ? obama, ? a bi-racial raised by a white woman in ? hawaii for one, not a traditional african american for two, and not even west african for three
  • BamBamMr7Gram
    BamBamMr7Gram Members Posts: 329 ✭✭✭✭
    Damn this ? thread got over a half a million views wtf
  • Mastery
    ^^^^^^^ Didn't read this GOAT thread lol
  • Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant believe I missed this massacre of a thread, too many quotables to quote, classic ? . IC wins the internet.

h3Hn3Wx.jpg
This discussion has been closed.