The Order: 1886 Early Impression: "No Replay Value, AI Felt Bit Dumb, QTE,"

Options
1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
Reddit user "DeckardPain" recently played "first two hours of The Order: 1886", and via Ask Me Anything session answered questions about whether the game is worth $60 price tag, replayability value, AI and many other things.

Firstly, DeckardPain was asked about, out of the two hours that he played, how much of them was actual gameplay and how much was watching cut-scenes, and to this he replied:

"I would say 70/30. Majority being gameplay. It was woven into the gameplay really well so I don't have an exact estimate. It bounced from cutscene to gameplay really well.

It's a rough estimate. A couple things to keep in mind too: the intro movie, I'm counting scenes where the character and someone talk via radio, actual cutscenes, parts where you aren't 'playing' but you are watching and doing a QTE."

For those who are expecting a bit of replayability value considering the fact that The Order: 1886 is single-player only game but carries a price tag of $60, prepare to get yourself disappointed as DeckardPain stated that:

"Out of the two hours I did play it's hard to imagine the game having any replay value at all to me, no multiplayer (huge downside for me as this is the main reason I buy games), no coop as far as I know"

Based on his play through, DeckardPain listed Pros/Cons to sumps up his entire impression:

"Pros: Amazing atmosphere, voice acting that is rich, music that fits the theme if the game, a good blend of future and past tech (radios and full auto weapons in 1886 is hard to pull off without feeling cheesy as f&%^ imo), gunplay that feels good, variety of weapons, cutscenes and the flow between them and gameplay was fantastic.

Cons: Out of the two hours I did play it's hard to imagine the game having any replay value at all to me, no multiplayer (huge downside for me as this is the main reason I buy games), no coop as far as I know, AI felt a little bit dumb, same exact objective when retrying a spot you failed at (example: if I hide a ball under four cups and move the cups around they will move in the same exact pattern and the ball will always be under the same cup) they could have made it auto randomize and made it more interesting in my opinion, guns don't pierce through walls or objects like you would expect.

All of this is based on the build I played. It could change before full release. That being said I would still gladly pay $40-$50 for this game."

Comments

• OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was counting on this being a good one. I give up on ps4
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    meh i dont really care about reviews thats their opinion and i wont know if ill like it if i dont play it myself. and seems like hes played only two hours of the games so he was a bit quick to judge and MP isnt everything not every games needs it...im still copping.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This was never going to be good. Seems like a launch game. Not surprised it has no replay value. Its a generic TPS that doesn't even have multiplayer.

PS4`s next hope is Bloodbourne. That could be good. But PS4 is approaching almost a year and a half without any solid exclusives.
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »
    This was never going to be good. Seems like a launch game. Not surprised it has no replay value. Its a generic TPS that doesn't even have multiplayer.

PS4`s next hope is Bloodbourne. That could be good. But PS4 is approaching almost a year and a half without any solid exclusives.

No solid exclusives but still 18.5 million sold..... and counting. Keep hating
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Game never did look interesting to me.
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    focus wrote: »

Bloodborne is gonna be fiya maayne

Same bros that Made demons n dark souls.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol...

Still a 1st day cop for me...

Random Reddit user actually liked it alot from reading through the thread, he also prefers DOTA games...

Sony hardly disappoints with their exclusives, looking at you GOW Ascension and KZ Shadowfall...
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »
    lol...

Random Reddit user actually liked it alot from reading through the thread, he also prefers DOTA games...

Sony hardly disappoints with their exclusives, looking at you GOW Ascension and KZ Shadowfall...

Yea this is still a first day cop for me too and the fact that the reviewer only played two hours of it says nothing to me.
  • John_Blazini
    John_Blazini Members Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Was never planning on buying this... unless its a dope rpg i just dont see the point spending $60 on a game you beat and never play again
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just heard about this game for the first time like a week ago

I'll cop if others give it a good review
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The thing about single player games, there isn't any reason to rush out and buy. I'll look to cop when it's less than $20.
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you're into single player games and it being on PS4 then this right here what he mentioned is good enough

"Pros: Amazing atmosphere, voice acting that is rich, music that fits the theme if the game, a good blend of future and past tech (radios and full auto weapons in 1886 is hard to pull off without feeling cheesy as f&%^ imo), gunplay that feels good, variety of weapons, cutscenes and the flow between them and gameplay was fantastic.

MP isn't everything and every game doesn't have to have it. That ? ? me off.
    Reminds me of when ? of War Ascension came out and it had MP. That ? hurt the single player experience because the focus wasn't completely there.
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't know how I feel about this game. But bloodborne is gonna be dope
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was looking forward to it but I guess I'll just continue sitting out on the PS4 for now.
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Definite pick up. Might go for the collectors edition to get that statue.
  • focus
    Options
    I just don't understand what Sony is doing? It's not like they are supporting the Vita. Where are the games?
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    these dudes def gotta up hill fight with this one, everyone that reviewed it gave suspect feed back about it, i'll still prolly cop but not sure i still have to beat everything i got on the 4
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol...

Huh?!?! gow Ascenscion? That was the worst of the franchise.
  • CitySojourner
    CitySojourner Members Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was going to purchase a PS4 but Sony as a company is really suffering and it looks like that will start ? up the PS4, I might have to jump ship to the xbox one.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haven't touched my ps4 in months. Waste of damn money.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only game that makes me want to buy a PS4 at the moment is The Last Of Us.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol...

Huh?!?! gow Ascenscion? That was the worst of the franchise.

Yeah, GOW Ascension was ass, so was KZ Shadowfall, only 2 Sony exclusives I really disliked...

Funny how non Vita owners care what games are out for that system, we good, us Vita owners got games to play...
  • focus
    Options
    Haven't touched my ps4 in months. Waste of damn money.

Been hearing alot of people say this. Makes me aprehensive to buy one. Same reason why I never picked up a Vita, the first Sony gaming hardware I passed on. Lack of compelling first party software.