Lil Wayne sues birdman for 51 million dollars

Options

Comments

• macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is young thug really naming his album carter 6 ?

LOL

AND 500 degrees comes back to kick wayne in the ass !!
    Lol

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol damn this ? gon be entertaining cot damn! No matter what everyone involved in this lawsuit is ? . wayne nikki and drake don't own masters and bilrdman looks more vulnerable than ever. And lol at drake not getting paid wow lol.
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tmz say wayne willing to settle for ten million
    Universal pressuring cash money to just settle the thing
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil wayne will stay with Cash Money and BirdmanIF they ante up the money he's owed ... in fact, we're told if Cash Money pays up, Wayne has no choice but to stay.

Sources involved in the case tell TMZ ... Wayne feels Birdman's decision to avoid paying him is nothing more than a power play. TMZ broke the story that Wayne is suing, and a central claim is that Birdman has consistently stiffed him over the last year.

There are 2 payments that have irked Wayne -- he says he was owed $8 million when he went into the studio to record "Tha Carter V" in December 2013, and another $2 mil when he completed the album last month.

We're told the hope is that Universal -- which distributes Cash Money Records -- will step in and earmark the $10 mil for Wayne. And we're told Universal is already putting pressure on Cash Money to settle.

If Cash Money pays Wayne the $10 mil, it would essentially eliminate any breach of contract. That means Wayne would have no legal basis to ask out of the contract. Even though Wayne's suing for $51 million, most of that is predicated on future lost profits which would not be an issue if they settle.

As for the release of "Tha Carter V" ... even if the case settles the power would be in Birdman's claws.

Lol at settling for 10 milli (if that is true) dude talm bout im taking nikki im taking drake and dissing stunna left and right. If he settled for 10 mill got no release from the bushes and no album date needed that would be an L. It would also be a miracle because it appears birdman ain't paid anyone but himself in the last 10 years.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ion know if I read that lawsuit right but it seems like Cash Money don't get as much as we thought from Drake.

could be reading it wrong tho.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One person I thought that get paid from Cash Money would be Drake but I see I was wrong. I always thought Drake's contract was better than Wayne & Nicki but it looks like that Baby doing him the same way
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    From what I remember since bg and Wayne first got put on, birdman ' s been doing that "I'll hold yo money for u whoadeh" ploy with Wayne for a minute but this ? always buying new ? when Waynes albums be dropping.

51 million prolly more accurate than others think.

Then he'll slide Wayne a Bugatti and some Diamonds that he bought with Wayne's own money.
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Everyone should read this.

It sheds light on the business relationship between Wayne & Baby. From what I'm reading, Wayne has been on his business for a decade via the different amendments in the Cash Money contract.
  • J.J._Evans
    Options
    Ion know if I read that lawsuit right but it seems like Cash Money don't get as much as we thought from Drake.

could be reading it wrong tho.

I'm reading it the same way you are. Drake's contract appears to be very favorable towards him.

Considering he came to the rap culture from Hollywood, I would expect Baby & Slim to respect that by not expecting him to sign a "hood" contract. I'm sure Drake had agents & lawyers handling everything.
  • Knock_Twice
    Knock_Twice Members Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Lol
    I was one of the ones who thought this was fake, but I still have my feelings thinking this ? is fake (knowing them ? and history) but I'on know..really don't care...but it is what it is if it's really real sad to see this happen Lol..
  • Trigga T
    Trigga T Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This just like B.G all over really. Birdman was probs Weezy plug for lean and kept him on that ? while holding his monies for him. Birdman is the ? devil in disguise mane!
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lil wayne will stay with Cash Money and BirdmanIF they ante up the money he's owed ... in fact, we're told if Cash Money pays up, Wayne has no choice but to stay.

Sources involved in the case tell TMZ ... Wayne feels Birdman's decision to avoid paying him is nothing more than a power play. TMZ broke the story that Wayne is suing, and a central claim is that Birdman has consistently stiffed him over the last year.

There are 2 payments that have irked Wayne -- he says he was owed $8 million when he went into the studio to record "Tha Carter V" in December 2013, and another $2 mil when he completed the album last month.

We're told the hope is that Universal -- which distributes Cash Money Records -- will step in and earmark the $10 mil for Wayne. And we're told Universal is already putting pressure on Cash Money to settle.

If Cash Money pays Wayne the $10 mil, it would essentially eliminate any breach of contract. That means Wayne would have no legal basis to ask out of the contract. Even though Wayne's suing for $51 million, most of that is predicated on future lost profits which would not be an issue if they settle.

As for the release of "Tha Carter V" ... even if the case settles the power would be in Birdman's claws.

The done breach the contract by not paying on time. I am sure his lawyers gonna tell him not to take the money if they try paying now.
  • J.J._Evans
    Options
    MrSoutCity wrote: »

The done breach the contract by not paying on time. I am sure his lawyers gonna tell him not to take the money if they try paying now.

Yep.

If you read the lawsuit, it seems that Lil Wayne has been waiting years for the opportunity to file a lawsuit & leave.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And you can bet that out of everyone on ymcmb drake has the best deal. Probably has some clause about if they throw wayne in the bushes then Drizzy is free or ? like that
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If your name ain't Wayne, Drake or Nicki on that label, I'd be trying to bounce. If they ain't paying Wayne what you think the peasants getting?
  • SheerExcellence
    Options
    You know Juvie is feelin real dumb right now

Probably signed back to cm like "yo this hot boys reunion gonna be fly as hell! Can't wait til bg gets out! And you said Nannie comin back too baby? Man dis ? bout to be live as hell! CMR we back and better than ever! Wooooo!"

Now he's like "wait wayne leavin? We ain't having a reunion? You ain't talked to mannie in how long?! Damn it baby why you always doin me like thiiiiiiis?!?!?"

Damn I done ? up again ha
    Fool me once thats on you ha
    Two times that's on me ha
    Damn baby why u do this to me ha
    I wanna leave again like wayne ha

Baby: take off those j's, put on these Reebok and make me a hit pleighboi, label on your back now, feelwhatimtakingbout

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEma_fSQCTiH4sSzMyPzBbko3_QdIy_5LgBjlmEWWL5UEjL4z5
  • SheerExcellence
    Options
    Damn mobile ? me up