Challenger or Camaro??

Options
blu197
blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've decided to cop one of these cars by around the Fall and was wondering....

A) Which is easier to drive? (I'm 20 and have little experience with muscle cars)

B) Which is better for everyday use?

C) Which would get me more play?

D) Which has better built quality and durability?

Comments

• Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First question is are you getting v6 or v8?
  • blu197
    Options
  • Thereal_ba
    Options
    personally the charger with 6 speed. but the camaro is faster depending on the trim levels your are comparing.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R/T SRT8 For challengers are fast

SS Z71 for Camaro are fast too.

They're both great for everyday use.

The camaros have had recalls lately...the challengers are reliable
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was wrestlin w/ this decision then decided to cop the challenger. Now every time i see a camaro i break my neck lol

The camaro def has more eye appeal, but somethin about ridin around in that big body that did it for me.
  • wilberdmillz
    wilberdmillz Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What year models OP?
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Both are dope cars
    Camaro looks more of sport car now a days while the Challenger still looks like a muscle car.

but to answer the questions

A) Which is easier to drive? (I'm 20 and have little experience with muscle cars)

I never driven a camaro but the challenger rides nice but I feel boxed in there's too many blindspots in the car and I heard the camaro has them to.

Challenger,never heard a complain about the way they preform and are reliable as well.

Probably the camaro since ? would drive on it.

Challenger, camaros stay going in the shop
  • blu197
    Options
    who u tryin to impress??

The hoes bruh
  • blu197
    Options
    What year models OP?

• blu197
    edited January 2015
    Options
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Both are dope cars
    Camaro looks more of sport car now a days while the Challenger still looks like a muscle car.

I never driven a camaro but the challenger rides nice but I feel boxed in there's too many blindspots in the car and I heard the camaro has them to.

Challenger,never heard a complain about the way they preform and are reliable as well.

So you have the Challenger sweeping everything except the exterior look bc chicks like it better.... i drove a Camaro before (not a Challenger) and you can't see ? and gotta make moves off instinct a lot of times, so i guess it's even when it comes to driving.... The main reason it's hard for me to decide is bc the Challenger has a lil more room in the back seat..
  • wilberdmillz
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »
    What year models OP?

If both will be 2011 models get the Camaro SS, it ? on the Challenger R/T of the same year performance wise.
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Both are dope cars

So you have the Challenger sweeping everything except the exterior look bc chicks like it better.... i drove a Camaro before (not a Challenger) and you can't see ? and gotta make moves off instinct a lot of times, so i guess it's even when it comes to driving.... The main reason it's hard for me to decide is bc the Challenger has a lil more room in the back seat..

are you looking to buy one of these cars soon?
  • blu197
    Options
    Both are dope cars

Nah around October/November
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Both are dope cars

Nah around October/November

I say get a 2015 RT ? pack its about 38k but is fully loaded and has an SRT engine in it.

6.4L with 486HP

The Carmaro SS is 38k aswell but not close to being fully loaded and only has 428HP
  • Thereal_ba
    Options
    The challenger actually has a usable back seat if you need it
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who u tryin to impress??

The hoes bruh

Camaro then..
    ? loves Camaros fam..
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Menace...? not tryna pay a $675 car note on a damn 2015 lol.It really all comes down to which one you think is best fit and or how much you have and is willing to spend...unless your credit is decent.
  • _Menace_
    Options
    Menace...? not tryna pay a $675 car note on a damn 2015 lol.It really all comes down to which one you think is best fit and or how much you have and is willing to spend...unless your credit is decent.

675 a month? You must not put money down when you cop cars

If his credit is good and he drops 5k he's looking at a 450payment /72 months
  • wilberdmillz
    Options
    IMO 72 months is too long to be financing a car, I think that was a way for companies to put people in cars they really can't afford. 48-56 month is perfect imo.

Interesting article on that
    "It can have some negative impact on the market in creating a vicious cycle of negative equity if the consumer doesn't hold onto their vehicle long enough," Melinda Zabritski, senior director of automotive finance for Experian, said. "Something has to be done to keep the market affordable, or consumer buying is going to have to change and we'll have to return to less frequent purchases

leftlanenews.com/honda-exec-long-term-auto-loans-are-stupid.html
  • Chef_Taylor
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Nah i didnt put anything down @menace i traded in my marauder credit was str8...monthlys with my charger started off at $485 although my first 4 months I paid $500 just cause it was a 31 thousand dollar car one owned when i got it (brand new basically)....re-financed now payments $380 i have 2 and a half years left give or take.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    Its up to you... pure performance id say get the challenger.Your chances of it needing repair is less likely,they are both great for everyday use if thats going to be your everyday car...the SS are a lil bit faster but i think the r/t challengers look and sound better...nothing like the sound of that v-8 Hemi engine cranking up!!!! holl on im bout to to start mine now!!! brb

2011 challenger r/t
    ag_09challengerrt_frtlt.jpg

2011 SS camaro
    camaroSS.jpg
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    IMO 72 months is too long to be financing a car, I think that was a way for companies to put people in cars they really can't afford. 48-56 month is perfect imo.

"It can have some negative impact on the market in creating a vicious cycle of negative equity if the consumer doesn't hold onto their vehicle long enough," Melinda Zabritski, senior director of automotive finance for Experian, said. "Something has to be done to keep the market affordable, or consumer buying is going to have to change and we'll have to return to less frequent purchases

Thank u bruh!

If someone is locked in or thinkin' about gettin into a 6 year loan he's hustlin' backwards. Ur really jus buying something you're over extending yourself (and paying a grip more in interest) for.

Although I do see Menace's p.o.v. b/c after all, he's a car sales man. He'll put a nikka in a 30 year arm mortgage if he could to get that commission. lol
  • _Menace_
    Options
    MallyG wrote: »

Thank u bruh!

If someone is locked in or thinkin' about gettin into a 6 year loan he's hustlin' backwards. Ur really jus buying something you're over extending yourself (and paying a grip more in interest) for.

Although I do see Menace's p.o.v. b/c after all, he's a car sales man. He'll put a nikka in a 30 year arm mortgage if he could to get that commission. lol

Yes,.... Yes I would