Revenge: Leave it up to karma or Take it to the streets

Options
Rozetta5tone
Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
If somebody crosses you, do you shake it off and say "karma is a ? ". Or do you take it upon yourself to exact revenge upon the offender?

Buddhism compares revenge/grudges to grabbing a hot coal and throwing it at your enemy. Both of you will get burned.

The old testament believes in eye for an eye. Then Jesus comes along and says "turn the other cheek".

I believe it's human nature to want some form of retribution when we feel victimized but when is it taken to far?

I've held grudges for years and plotted on getting payback on certain mf's to the point it damn near became an obsession. On some Count of Monte Cristo ? . Then some ? I chalked up as a loss.

Also dealt with vengeful women that have done/said some ? up ? to me bcuz they felt justified based on what I did to them. I had an ex methodically make me fall in love with her again after I dumped her just so she could cheat on me and dump me while I was in love with her deeper than I was the first time around. And she gave no ? bcuz she felt I needed feel the pain I put her through.

? ? my mind up for a while after that but I got over it and when I did, I finally understood the saying "revenge is a dish best served cold"

You gotta be a cold hearted mf to get revenge on a mf that crosses you and you have to be willing to go to extreme measures for payback. If not, you might as well chalk it up and leave it to karma.

I'll still get revenge on a mf but it has to be worth the energy and not bcuz of a bruised ego.

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eh...if it's worth the risk
  • mohamed
    mohamed Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karma...being vindictive isnt good
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it depends on the situation, i aint sweatin no ? though and neither should you bruh
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Takes a lot of energy to bare a grudge.

Hurt my kids, my baby mama, my mother....i'ma see you in the streets..

any other ? I can brush off...I would be doing life if I went after all the ? that owe me money...

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Depends on my relationship with the person and how they crossed me. But for the most part, I chalk it up to 'Cool, now I know what time it is.' and act accordingly. Less stress, less drama and better results.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mohamed wrote: »
    Karma...being vindictive isnt good

At one point I believed in karma but not anymore
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karma is for when ? up ? happens and there is nothing you can do about it and you can't grasp the fact that the world is choas.

Karma has to be the dumbest concept ever. Dr. Mengle lived until he was like 76 in ? Brazil.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Karma is for suckers in most cases. Sure, there are times when you think the universal forces will handle get back for you, but that's only for small matters that won't matter anyway.

If it's some ? that was important (someone robbed me, killed one of mine), ? Karma. I'M karma today.
  • Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Karma is for when ? up ? happens and there is nothing you can do about it and you can't grasp the fact that the world is choas.

Karma has to be the dumbest concept ever. Dr. Mengle lived until he was like 76 in ? Brazil.

It's concept promotes inaction and a victims mentality. If you don't like something do something about it. ? waiting on karma.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? alot peoples girlfriends/sisters
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »

any other ? I can brush off...I would be doing life if I went after all the ? that owe me money...

This^^^^^^

Depends on the situation but violate mom dukes then I'm riding out
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder what 5 years olds who have cancer did to get such bad karma.
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well I can at both. My younger years it was most def take it to the streets and I got me nowhere but in jail and prison. I was fist and trigger happy and you could not disrespect me , or anything I though I loved( my hood, family, or anything I thought was shade) now I'm like Fucc it nothing is really worth it unless it my kids. Also a nicca ain't trying to go back to LA county ,or San Quentin on a level 4.
  • Rozetta5tone
    Options
    I think pac wanting revenge so bad is what got him killed.

Seemed like fam had a vendetta against everybody that wasn't poor and black.

He always had somebody on his list that he felt had to pay. Seems like his anger made him who he was. The more success he achieved, the more darker and cynical his music became. His animosity was eating away at his soul.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some ? you don't just leave up to chance.

Choose wisely
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DNB1 wrote: »

• Rozetta5tone
    Options
    “Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.”
    true ? . After my brother was killed, I didn't give a ? about dying as long as his killers went with me.

• LOLCL
    LOLCL Members Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    the best part is you have unlimited time to plan to what you want to do, pretty much until you die. just don't forget. see it as an opportunity when you get your chance, and when you do, take it.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    “Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.”

@.
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Actually karma is a concept based in physics. It's very legitimate
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder what 5 years olds who have cancer did to get such bad karma.

That's not karma that's more just the randomness of life. Karma is more of a reactive force
  • blacktux
    blacktux Members Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Depends on the violation.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Depends on what it is..... Some ? is unforgivable
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    although i dont believe in karma imma have to say go wit that.

when i was younger it was the other way around.. but now iv dobe attained many of things... i have a daughter now and i got too much to lose over some dumb ? ..

if somebody is shady its only a matter of time.. its nature.. negative ? happens to negative people..