So I got an extra 6 grand from student refunds....

Options
Knives Amilli
Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2015 in For The Grown & Sexy
Should I:
*Make a big lump sum student loan payment (I owe about 20k in all)
*Use that money AS my monthly student loan payments
*Invest in a stock or some ? like that
*put that money in my own savings account

(and im done in school BTW)

Comments

• sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @Sion come forth.

Edit: This probably belongs in G&S btw, but w.e.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Depends on yoru current situation. If you good money wise i'd pay that ? back on the loan. If you owe 20k 6k on that is a pretty good chunk and it will really save you on future interest. I'm sure the ? am tired of paying off my student loan, I pay 320 a month.

I'd probably put 4 on the loan and put the other 2 up. Might slightly floss with some new kicks or something but don't blow it
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Are you done school?

If not, that should go towards next semester, no questions asked. Seems ridiculous to get yourself in any more debt when you have extra cash laying around.

If you are, split it up. The majority (about $3500-4000) should help pay a BULK payment on your current loans (trust, @lamont is right on it saving you in future interest). Use $750-1000 to make current payments, then save $750-1000 on a rainy day fund or emergency fund.

Whatever's left over, go treat yourself...it really shouldn't be anymore than $500, tho.

lamontbdc wrote: »
    I'm sure the ? am tired of paying off my student loan, I pay 320 a month.
    Who's your lender? I have about $27K to go and my payments are about $190 per month.
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lets get this straight, its your money and you can do whatever the hell you want to do with it. Knock yourself out.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Are you done school?

If not, that should go towards next semester.
    If you are, split it up. The majority (about $3500-4000) should help pay a BULK payment on your current loans (trust, @lamont is right on it saving you in future interest). Use $750-1000 to make current payments, then save $750-1000 on a rainy day fund or emergency fund.

Whatever's left over, go treat yourself...it really shouldn't be anymore than $500, tho.

Who's your lender? I have about $27K to go and my payments are about $190 per month.

American Education System I had mines consolidated. But I wanna pay that much so I can pay it off faster. I had about 33K. I got 6 years to go
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Are you done school?

If not, that should go towards next semester.

American Education System I had mines consolidated. But I wanna pay that much so I can pay it off faster. I had about 33K. I got 6 years to go
    That's what happened to me, too. I couldn't file taxes on my own till Senior Year, so it really ? me from getting federal loans (apparently, my parents - who were super middle class - made "too much" for me to get fed assistance. ? you VERY much, Dubya Bush), and by the time I graduated, I had three different lenders, which was adding up to about $450 a month. Six months on that ? , and I had to consolidate them, which cut my payments in half. The when my original lender got bought out (twice this has happened now), my payment and interest rates keep going down.

I plan on getting rid of these ? in the next three to four years, so the low monthly payment helps, cause I can always throw on extra.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buy a cheap HUD home fix it up....rent it out.

they might still do the $1 home thing
  • BoogaSuga
    BoogaSuga Members Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Throw it at any debt you have.

Get that credit score up.
  • BoogaSuga
    Options
    Cruise ship tickets for you and a cutie pie of your choice
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can donate 1000 my way and claim it on your taxes next year.
  • BoogaSuga
    Options
    Bottle of Louis XIII & some retro Js
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    ? send that ? back. That ain't free money, my ? . Just slide it back now or pay it back later...including the interest.
    real ?
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Sion come forth.

Edit: This probably belongs in G&S btw, but w.e.

Lol you just summoned him
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i didnt get a refund so send that ? to me
  • dakidfrankie
    dakidfrankie Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Depending on where you live but a ounce of coke...it can run you about 9-1400 depends on the quality...get you some adderall...gain done white friends...hint to them that you have what they want...you will come up in no time my guy
  • REV_RAGE
    REV_RAGE Members Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Just don't OD your "white" friends, cause it will come back at you if you're not careful, I have been on the side lines of the flipping your money with coke and it did not end well for anyone. Just be careful, you don't want to sacrifice the career that very money afforded you...see the karma thread. Just make sure you don't sell to your white neighbors, or any neighbors, don't want to ? where you eat.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buy a big ass chain
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Should I:
    *Make a big lump sum student loan payment (I owe about 20k in all)

Because of that ? right there ^^^

The term student loan "refund" is misnomer. Basically, you need to send that ? back so you'll be down to $14K, but maybe that's just me...
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ "extra 6 grand"
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You might wanna figure out where it came from cause it ain't extra
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd use that ? on the $20k you owe
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do yall ? see the posts about selling coke?