Can We All Agree That Tom Brady >>> Peyton Manning?

5 Grand
5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2015 in From the Cheap Seats
Who is Better?

Can We All Agree That Tom Brady >>> Peyton Manning? 54 votes

Tom Brady
92%
wilberdmillzS2Jmiamivice305jonlakadeadmicKNiGHTSfortyacresjoeyfkncrakkintlhakcoltonKnightryderJohn_Blazinidallas' 4 evabigrizzDOPEdweebzGlockLesnar Max.The Lonious MonkLPastits....JOHN Bckfree 50 votes
Peyton Manning
7%
MillzOGbigduece69gman82Trillfate 4 votes

Comments

• coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Define "better"/"greater" first
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Brady
    He been better. Peyton Manning in the playoffs would have never done what Brady did in the 4th quarter of the super bowl.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Tom Brady
    Its over. That sealed the deal.

The 1 thing Mannign had on him was numbers, but since everybody in this generation will have numbers, that will not look as special.

Just like no one cares Joe Montanan didnt throw for as many yards as Manning, no one will care that Brady didnt. Yet he STILL does have impressive numbers and a couple of monster single seasons.

4 titles to 1...its officially over.
  • 5 Grand
    Tom Brady
    S2J wrote: »
    Its over. That sealed the deal.

The 1 thing Mannign had on him was numbers, but since everybody in this generation will have numbers, that will not look as special.

Just like no one cares Joe Montanan didnt throw for as many yards as Manning, no one will care that Brady didnt. Yet he STILL does have impressive numbers and a couple of monster single seasons.

4 titles to 1...its officially over.

Cosign.

Peyton has 5 MVP awards and 1 Super Bowl.

I'm not sure how many MVPs Brady has but I'd rather have 4 Super Bowl rings.

It's funny because I live in New Jersey and they played Broncos games every Sunday and hyped him up like he was The Goat. I didn't even get to see any Patriots games until the playoffs.

• 5 Grand
    Tom Brady
    coop9889 wrote: »

If you were to assemble a "fantasy team" who would you have as your starting QB?

Since Peyton's at the end of his career you can pick his best year vs Brady's best year.
  • coop9889
    edited February 2015
    5 Grand wrote: »
    coop9889 wrote: »

If you were to assemble a "fantasy team" who would you have as your starting QB?

Since Peyton's at the end of his career you can pick his best year vs Brady's best year.

Judging by this criteria I'd pick prime Peyton.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Brady
    For Peyton to have a chance to re enter the conversation he needs to have one of the best regular seasons of his career, beat Brady in the AFC championship and win the superbowl and go out on top
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow!! I have never seen 5 Stacks post in the Cheap Seats before.
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Brady
    Montana > Marino
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Peyton to have a chance to re enter the conversation he needs to have one of the best regular seasons of his career, beat Brady in the AFC championship and win the superbowl and go out on top
    Lmaooo at best Brady

What does that even mean ?

They play the same position, they can't beat each other

Put Peyton on the Pats with Bill as his coach his whole career and tell me how their careers play out
  • coop9889
    edited February 2015
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    Why is Manning overrated so much? Dude has one superbowl and in that year in the playoffs he had 3 tds and 7 ints. Has been a career choker all his life. Played in a weak division 98 percent of his career. Jags, Titans, Texans (expansion team) and when he is done padding stats on those weak teams he goes to the playoffs and plays real teams and has 10 one and dones? and a losing playoff record.....smh. He is not even top 10 of all time, he is a stat padder

Lol @ stat padder. Do you even know what that means

And should QBs only be judged on their stats?

Because if your argument is he is a stat padder, then you should find a way to judge him OTHER than his stats, dontcha think.
  • s-dot
    s-dot Members Posts: 164 ✭✭
    Manning aint clutch. Brady for sure
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Brady
    Why is Manning overrated so much? Dude has one superbowl and in that year in the playoffs he had 3 tds and 7 ints. Has been a career choker all his life. Played in a weak division 98 percent of his career. Jags, Titans, Texans (expansion team) and when he is done padding stats on those weak teams he goes to the playoffs and plays real teams and has 10 one and dones? and a losing playoff record.....smh. He is not even top 10 of all time, he is a stat padder

White privilege
  • Parallel
    Parallel Members, Writer Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Brady

People like him as a person.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Brady
    R.D. wrote: »
    Lmaooo at best Brady

What does that even mean ?

They play the same position, they can't beat each other

Put Peyton on the Pats with Bill as his coach his whole career and tell me how their careers play out

Means out perform and win the game you simpleton

If Bill was Peyton's coach Peyton's choking ass probably would of got Bill fired a long time ago
  • 9TRAY
    9TRAY Members Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    In the Playoffs, yeah, he's better than Manning. Regular season is a different story
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn didn't even know this was a debate
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Brady

he should thank the heavens he got to play against the worst starting super bowl qb of the 21st century
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ckfree wrote: »

he should thank the heavens he got to play against the worst starting super bowl qb of the 21st century

Weak ass excuse

He was good enough to get them to the bowl
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you just look at their overall playoff performances, you have a solid case for Brady>Manning. Regular season has to count for something, though. Peyton has the #s there. Gotta factor in the talent on their teams, too.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Brady
    R.D. wrote: »
    ckfree wrote: »

Weak ass excuse

He was good enough to get them to the bowl

i wonder if the narrative would look any different if his defense held up on several of his 4th quarter go ahead drives with less than a minute left and if vanderjact didnt miss a couple of kicks that would have either tied or won the game

probably nothing too different they do say he is a control freak and with people like that once control is lost they panic like crazy its like his fear of failure motivates him but consumes him the realer the ? gets -- thats what makes brady special to me his mental toughness

his snl skit is still one of the funniests things ever though

'alright lets go lets go get back in here, lets go, except you i cant even look at you'

lmao
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So we gon act like brady doesn't have the greatest coach of all time behind him. You can't take nothin from Peyton Manning. He's essentially played without a great defense his entire career. He's an offensive coordinator that plays quarterback. I wouldn't put him above Brady, but ya'll in here blatantly disrespecting the dude. You have never seen nobody, ever, control the game at the line like he does. You take Brady off the Pats, Belichick can still get them to 11-5, you take manning off any team he's on you get the first pick in the next draft. I'm taking brady with 1 game to win between the two of them. But Peyton manning is one of the smartest, most incredible quarterbacks we will ever see.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Tom Brady
    really don't care for patriots but Tom Brady is the GAWD
This discussion has been closed.