Can We All Agree That Tom Brady >>> Peyton Manning?

Comments

• coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    The more I think about it, regular season statistics are irrelevant.

Its all about how you play in the playoffs when the competition is harder.

Exactly, coop is bringing up useless statistic....what a ? . Manning is overrated he is not better then Montana, Young or Elway, so how is he GOAT? LOL come on

1) I never said he was the GOAT

2) You cant argue anything I said in those earlier 3 posts. I notice you skipping over them.

3) I'll ask you same question I asked dude. You drafting Eli over Peyton?
  • coop9889
    ? are horrible at debating.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Brady
    I've finally crossed over to the Brady side for this argument... But some of yalls reasoning for your choice is horrid.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmaoo at Elway being better that Peyton

?
    Elway is way better then Manning. Wait he doesn't have the stats as Manning does in the regular season?
    Do you know how below average Elways teams were when he took them to the superbowl when the NFC east was a powerhouse division. Might of been the toughest division of all time of all eras
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No point in debating these points have been brought up and rehased for a decade. If you need a clutch drive in the playoffs you dialing up Brady or Manning? Manning throwing a pick 6 lol
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always felt like Manning was the better player. If I'm building from the ground up hed be my choice.
  • prime_time_willy
    prime_time_willy Members Posts: 948 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blu197 wrote: »
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Case in point... In this last Superbowl, before that last interception...

If the seahawks run the clock down to 1 second (which they could've done) and then run it in with Lynch, they win and Brady is now 3-3 in Superbowls. And people look at him different. But what happened happened, because of Brady's DEFENSE, and he is now 4-2. Many plays have happened over Brady's CAREER to make him 4-2, both in and out of his favor.

So when people compare SB rings it's laughable to say that that is the sole comparison required to validate a QB's skill. No QB in the history of the NFL won ANY SB ring by himself.

In the last SB the defense did what it was suppose to do and get the final stop to seal it after Brady brought them back to take the lead for the 3rd straight SB....

Stop acting like the defense bailed Brady out when Brady bailed the D out, the Pats D even let the Hawks score in 40 seconds before halftime after just a Pats score, the pats D made it come down to the final play and thank ? somebody stepped up this time compared to the previous 2 trips....

My point is if they lost this SB then it would've been on the defense easily not Brady, all the Defense did was clean up their own mess on that last play not Bradys and the O...

How are you going to say the D didn't bail Brady and the O out?

2063132846f7a75102338ea54c516156b5651f6d.png

After Brady Pick to Wagner that lead to the TD the pats D completely shut down the hawks O for the rest of the game

Even when Brady was struggling all the way from the 3rd to the early 4th the Pats D were able to get consecutive 3 and outs to get the O the ball back for them to score
  • prime_time_willy
    5 Grand wrote: »

Even if you compare Brady to Joe Montana you'd have to admit that Joe Montana choked in the playoffs more than Brady. In other words Joe Montana's teams lost before making it to the Superbowl. Brady has more Super Bowl appearances.

What?

Tom Brady is 21-8 and Montana is 16-7, take away two of the SB losses Brady is at 6 but he missed the whole entire playoffs in 02 finishing 9-7 the year after he won the SB. So he practically gagged the whole season away and missed the postseason. Montana has never missed the playoffs, even with awhole spinal disc injury in 86 he battled back from midway through the season to still finish 10-5-1.

Lets not leave out some stuff to tip the scale in somebody favor mkay.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Brady

Even if you compare Brady to Joe Montana you'd have to admit that Joe Montana choked in the playoffs more than Brady. In other words Joe Montana's teams lost before making it to the Superbowl. Brady has more Super Bowl appearances.

What?

Tom Brady is 21-8 and Montana is 16-7, take away two of the SB losses Brady is at 6 but he missed the whole entire playoffs in 02 finishing 9-7 the year after he won the SB. So he practically gagged the whole season away and missed the postseason. Montana has never missed the playoffs, even with awhole spinal disc injury in 86 he battled back from midway through the season to still finish 10-5-1.

21-8 >>> 16-7

Brady 21-8 = 72.4%

Montana 16-7 = 69.5%

Who would you rather have as your starting QB in the playoffs?
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manning still top 5 though
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Brady
    nj2089 wrote: »

Manning' stop 5 in the regular season. But when you raise the stakes and only count playoff performances, there's about a dozen QBs that have a better record and more rings including his brother.

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Tom Brady
    ckfree wrote: »
    probably nothing too different they do say he is a control freak and with people like that once control is lost they panic like crazy
    Yeah Brady always keeps his composure, never panics or acts crazy. They always catch Peyton cursing on TV and going off on the sidelines.

FUBRADY.0.gif

tom-brady.gif

tumblr_mghdhpuC2p1qasthro1_400.gif

tumblr_mt1km6vdhA1rvn2ylo1_400.gif

tom-brady.gif

ckfree wrote: »
    -- thats what makes brady special to me his mental toughness
    Yeah real tough guy badass, that Tom Brady.

tom-brady-celebrating-interception-super-bowl.gif

Masshole+Sports+tom+brady+high+five.gif

YcbpoWi.gif

But you still didnt vote for Manning..
  • DOPEdweebz
    Tom Brady
    Define "better"/"greater" first

Jordan is better than Lebron. Nothing needed to be defined. Its clear as water.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Tom Brady

Btw not comparing Brady .. you kniw what yall can have that.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Both changed the game, came through and made a lane, who's to say who's better, all we know they ain't the same"
  • coop9889
    edited February 2015
    But you still didnt vote for Manning..

I think Tom Brady is the GOAT Qb, why WOULD i vote for Manning?
  • coop9889

You clearly didn't read the whole thread
  • coop9889
    nj2089 wrote: »

Manning' stop 5 in the regular season. But when you raise the stakes and only count playoff performances, there's about a dozen QBs that have a better record and more rings including his brother.

Since when does ANY top 5 convo in any sport be defined by "only playoffs".

Maning is a top 5 QB, which encompasses his whole career.

You're delusional at this point.
  • R.D.
    Not even acknowledging 5 grand in this section anymore
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Brady
    R.D. wrote: »
    Thread number 20 million comparing the two and I still have yet to see a case for Brady using actual football reasons

Tell me what Brady does on the field that makes him superior to Peyton

Help me look past him having the best and most prepared coach of all time

thats-my-quarterback.jpg

I know that's your guy but just let it go
  • R.D.
  • MillzOG
    MillzOG Members, Moderators Posts: 14,508 Regulator
    Peyton Manning
    ? this thread and all you heathens.

Peyton >>>>
  • prime_time_willy

What?

21-8 >>> 16-7

Brady 21-8 = 72.4%

Montana 16-7 = 69.5%

4-0>>>>4-2

Montana 4-0 = 100%

Brady 4.2= 66.6%

playoff passer rating

Montana 95.6>>>> 89.0

TD% Montana 6.1%>>>> Brady 4.9%

Montana SB numbers 13 td's(he rushed for two td's aswell), 127.8 passer rating, and 0 int's>>>> Brady 13 td's, 95.3 passer rating, and 4 ints

Montana out performs Brady throughout his playoff career aswell as SB's

Montana was virtually perfect in the SB

Who would you rather have as your starting QB in the playoffs?

Joe Montana, but I won't give the wtf look if somebody would take Brady because he's up there

• bigrizz
    bigrizz Members Posts: 4,369 ✭✭✭
    Tom Brady
    Tom brady should have six sb, but his defenses gave up plays. He ran his team down the field to take leads or tie in ever SB game. Fluke passes are the only reason we are having this convo. He has more playoff wins touchdowns and yards then anyone, among other stats.The fact hes even been in six SBs in a parity driven league should dead the argument.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tom Brady
    Peyton fanatics ready to cry in here let's close this, 40-3 Brady with the lopsided victory
This discussion has been closed.