Are you fiscally responsible?

Shuffington
Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in Strictly Business
few questions:

Where did you learn your fiscal techniques?

When did you start implementing these techniques?

Do you have any weird ass methods that help you stay out of the red?

What do you tend to splurge on?

How would you judge yourself? on a scale of 1-10 (10 being excellent)

I learned my fiscal techniques from video games... This means that my investing isnt that great.. but my stack and save is top of the line!! I started implementing these techniques when I landed my first real job.

I dont usually take out a ton of cash at once... cause ima spend the ? out of it... the money will burn a hole in my pocket
.I try not to use my debit card a ton.... cause then I start to feel guilty...

I only splurge on food for the most part... cause I use to eat nasty food from my parents growing up....Now that Im on my own...I try to eat like a king! I've also come to terms with material possessions...Most of the ? is unnecessary (for me atleast)... so Ima drive the 01 till the wheels fall off... and put the extra money in the house

Im average at best. .. so 5

Comments

• ms.jones
    ms.jones Members Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2010
    few questions:

Where did you learn your fiscal techniques? In middle and high school, I was in the Young Investors Club. I was shown how to read the stock market, how to invest my funds, and the difference in money market accounts, 401(k), and IRA's.

When did you start implementing these techniques? When I moved out, and had a family of my own. Once I had my babies, I picked up the pace, and began investing and saving more for their future.

Do you have any weird ass methods that help you stay out of the red? I just keep track of every purchase I make. Every receipt is saved, and filed in a filing cabinet. Works wonders during the tax season. Also, I give myself an allotted amount of money to spend. Anything over, isn't necessary.

What do you tend to splurge on? Shoes, shoes, and more shoes LOL!!

How would you judge yourself? on a scale of 1-10 (10 being excellent) 7

10 keys, please.
  • Shuffington
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for the response MS Jones....!
  • Shuffington
    edited July 2010
    no!! not strictly Business !!!!! noo!!!!!!!!!!!

I shouldve made a "deeesss Bishes aint ? thread "

Damn you Shuffington