So ISIS Just Killed A White Woman

Options
Stiff
Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2015 in The Social Lounge
(CNN)The family of Kayla Mueller, an American woman held captive by the Islamist terror group ISIS, said Tuesday it has received confirmation that she is dead.

"We are heartbroken to share that we've received confirmation that Kayla Jean Mueller, has lost her life," a statement from the family reads.

"Kayla was a compassionate and devoted humanitarian. She dedicated the whole of her young life to helping those in need of freedom, justice, and peace," the family said.

On Friday, ISIS claimed that Mueller -- captured in northern Syria in 2013 -- had been killed in a building that was hit during a Jordanian airstrike on Raqqa, the militants' de facto capital in Syria. At the time, ISIS offered no proof to back up its claim, other than an image of a building in rubble.

Over the weekend, ISIS sent the family a private message, National Security Council spokeswoman Bernadette Meehan said Tuesday.

"Once this information was authenticated by the intelligence community, they concluded that Kayla was deceased," Meehan said.

The new information does not clarify how Mueller died, a law enforcement source familiar with the case said on condition of anonymity.
The ISIS terror threat
The ISIS terror threat 46 photos
EXPAND GALLERY

U.S. President Barack Obama offered his condolences to the young woman's family.

"Kayla's compassion and dedication to assisting those in need shows us that even amongst unconscionable evil, the essential decency of humanity can live on," Obama said in a statement released by the White House Tuesday.

Mueller's relatives on Tuesday also released a handwritten letter that they say she wrote while in captivity in spring 2014.

Read transcribed version of letter (.PDF)

"It's hard to know what to say," the letter reads. "Please know that I am in a safe location, completely unharmed + healthy (put on weight in fact); I have been treated w/the utmost respect + kindness."

Taken hostage in 2013

Mueller fell into the hands of hostage-takers in August 2013 in Aleppo, Syria, her family said, after leaving a Doctors Without Borders hospital.

Her family said ISIS contacted them in May with proof that she was alive. The militants eventually said they would ? her if the family didn't pay nearly $7 million by August 13, 2014, according to a source close to the family. What happened after that deadline is unclear.

American held by ISIS moved by suffering of Syrian people

A life serving others

Mueller, 26, made it her life's work to help others. After graduating from Northern Arizona University in 2009, she worked with humanitarian groups in northern India, Israel and Palestinian territories, a family spokeswoman said. In Israel, she volunteered at the African Refugee Development Center.

Mueller went back to Arizona in 2011, volunteered in a women's shelter and worked at an ? /AIDS clinic, helping to facilitate events and providing local coordination for World AIDS Day, the family spokeswoman said.

After working for a year as an au pair in France, she traveled to the Turkish/Syrian border to work with the Danish Refugee Council and the humanitarian organization Support to Life, which assisted families who had been forced to flee their homes due to the civil war in Syria, the spokeswoman said.

In a YouTube video produced in October 2011, before the rise of ISIS, Mueller said she supported a sit-in that protested the Syrian regime.

"I am in solidarity with the Syrian people," she said. "I reject the brutality and killing that the Syrian authorities are committing against the Syrian people."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/10/world/isis-hostage-mueller/index.html
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Game changer?

Comments

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Stiff
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    Guess what? In the same month that James Foley was beheaded by ISIS, the Saudi government beheaded 14 people themselves, for crimes including "sorcery" and being ? . People are getting beheaded over there all the time, this one woman is sadly just a drop in the bucket. Not a game changer.

Everything will be ? in the middle east until they can have a secular government not based on theology.

I don't know b..seems like the media is really trying to drive home how sweet and innocent she was. They bringing everybody that's she's ever done a favor for since she was 4 to give a tearful testimony. This 1 seems kind of different than James Foley.
  • The Hue
    The Hue Members Posts: 760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some republican senator is already screaming to put boots on the ground over this
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She was sweet and innocent but its not gonna change ? . From a human stand point she was probably worth 100 Bo Bergdahls.
  • powerman 5000
    powerman 5000 Members Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options
    article say she was killed by a Jordanian air strike, tho. If ISIS say they killed somebody they usual drop some horrific ? of them actually doing it and say they'll do it again in 3 hours 46 minutes and 52 seconds.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Its not like IS wouldn't intentionally put her close to where they know airstrikes could get her killed, or even just lie about it flat out.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Stiff
    Options
    Its not like IS wouldn't intentionally put her close to where they know airstrikes could get her killed, or even just lie about it flat out.

You're starting to post more like the average white American already. I knew our IC conditioning could only have a limited effect on your mind.
  • kingMansaMusa
    kingMansaMusa Members Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    Options
    the cave ? had it coming
  • Will Munny
    Options
    Stiff wrote: »

You're starting to post more like the average white American already. I knew our IC conditioning could only have a limited effect on your mind.

? , innocents getting caught up in air and drone strikes is one of the best tools they have. It's the best recruiting AND sympathizing tool they have. ? who wouldn't join a terrorist org and do crazy ? if a robot in sky blew up their family?

I'm just being objective.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol@sorcery

a jackson wouldn't stand a chance.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thread title incomplete. Should read, "So ISIS killed a white woman that I only heard about through news"

You do know the media is controlled and they over there going 730 on fools that you dont even know about??

Are you implying war will happen because of one white girl? Lol! This war machine is big biz. Things are still being panned out.
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options

Funny, Will using his brain more than you bruh.
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They killed a white woman?
    ISIS just started WW3 bruh.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo_Killa! wrote: »
    lol@sorcery

a jackson wouldn't stand a chance.

Whatcha mean? @Yo_Killa!
  • Stiff
    Options
    Dr.Chemix wrote: »
    Thread title incomplete. Should read, "So ISIS killed a white woman that I only heard about through news"

You do know the media is controlled and they over there going 730 on fools that you dont even know about??

Are you implying war will happen because of one white girl? Lol! This war machine is big biz. Things are still being panned out.

You're talking as if facts matter though. Is the American public historically more swayed by facts or by presentation? For all I know this white woman never even existed. What difference does that make if that's the narrative they're pushing that's going to be largely unquestioned?
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @ thread starter, How is it a game changer, when isis been beheading white men?
  • Dr.Chemix
    Options

You're talking as if facts matter though. Is the American public historically more swayed by facts or by presentation? For all I know this white woman never even existed. What difference does that make if that's the narrative they're pushing that's going to be largely unquestioned?

? what? Why aren't you saying this in your OP? Now in a effort to get a 1 up, you say that?

You're all over the place. What exactly is the point of your thread? Awareness? Implication of war because a dead white chick? Or possible fabrication for propaganda to feed war pigs?

• Stiff
    edited February 2015
    Options

? what? Why aren't you saying this in your OP? Now in a effort to get a 1 up, you say that?

You're all over the place. What exactly is the point of your thread? Awareness? Implication of war because a dead white chick? Or possible fabrication for propaganda to feed war pigs?

All of the above. The last two aren't mutually exclusive and both serve the same ultimate outcome.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    @ thread starter, How is it a game changer, when isis been beheading white men?
    White women killings and rapings >>>> white men
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Isis didn't ? her.

• Dr.Chemix
    Options

All of the above. The last two aren't mutually exclusive and both serve the same ultimate outcome.

War isnt going to happen over a dead white woman. This isnt local state affairs.

The rest? Meh...the web is far too intricate and the knowledge to limited for anyone to discuss the parameters.