Somebody Done Told You Wrong: Black Celebrities Who Say They’re Not African American

1151617181921»

Comments

• TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel you on the unrest in Africa. Boko Harem may be backed by whites that want that unrest, which is why no one is doing anything about it. That's why it's up to African nations to stand against them, which they are starting to do since Boko Harem just attacked in Chad. Nigeria just had a successful defense against them as well.

In terms of the American drug war, the main drug that put so many black people in jail unjustly is being legalized, or at least decriminalized. So the drug war is actually abating a bit.

Bottom line, I don't see any concrete evidence showing the world wants to subjugate blacks. If anything, the world is at war against Islamists which are typified as Middle Eastern, Arab.

We can wax poetic on these topics forever though. I'll await your rebuttal to my statements then respectfully bow out of the debate.
  • zombie
    zombie Members Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    charles2 wrote: »
    I feel you on the unrest in Africa. Boko Harem may be backed by whites that want that unrest, which is why no one is doing anything about it. That's why it's up to African nations to stand against them, which they are starting to do since Boko Harem just attacked in Chad. Nigeria just had a successful defense against them as well.

In terms of the American drug war, the main drug that put so many black people in jail unjustly is being legalized, or at least decriminalized. So the drug war is actually abating a bit.

Bottom line, I don't see any concrete evidence showing the world wants to subjugate blacks. If anything, the world is at war against Islamists which are typified as Middle Eastern, Arab.

We can wax poetic on these topics forever though. I'll await your rebuttal to my statements then respectfully bow out of the debate.

The economic system makes it disproportionately harder for minorities to break out of poverty this is due to the very culture of the dominant society.

This keeps each generation in a cycle of poverty by disadvantaging certain groups of people against their competitors. the drug war is simply the most effective tool in this not the only one. And the legalization of the most benign drug won't fix this issue it's a drop in the bucket. the entire criminal system is racist , sexist and classiest

With these facts in mind it would be foolish for blacks to continue with the same mindset we have had for the past 60 years. Now we have to hold onto a more aggressive and self centered philosophy.
  • The Iconoclast
    The Iconoclast Members Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    This stupid ? still thinks black only = negroid
    race-twig.gif

Didn't yo ? say Ethiopians were black? Didn't you say Melanesians, and New Guinean's were also black, why are they not clustering with the true negroid cluster, you dumb niggerstock jiggboo.

While that human genetic cluster analysis contains a visualization of genomic data, such genetic clustering data are criticized for numerous reasons.

Here's one of the criticisms levied by geneticists:

"a more accurate study of human genetic variation would use an objective sampling method. An objective sampling method would chose populations randomly and systematically across the world, including those populations which are characterized by historical intermingling, instead of cherry-picking population samples which fit a priori concept of racial classification. Roberts states that “if research collected DNA samples continuously from region to region throughout the world, they would find it impossible to infer neat boundaries between large geographical groups."

source

FYI the measurement of genetic distance that phylogenetic tree illustrates doesn't really suggest anything more than what it just conveys. If one understands what exactly it's illustrating then there's no underlying implication attached to it that should change whatever one's opinion was before seeing it.

Essentially human genetic variation studies reveal, we can clearly define differences between populations but the extent of those differences are inconsequential and how we classify/categorize them are fundamentally arbitrary.

One other thing I'll mention is that "black" is an inherently subjective racial descriptor, so obviously it isn't synonymous (especially contemporarily) with an antiquated racial classification like "negroid". There are many who self-identify with the racial descriptor black, since they share phenotypical traits and experience colorism/racism in their culture due to living in a geographic region more ethno-linguistically intertwined with Arabs (whose anti-blackness sentiment is unfortunately well-documented.)
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Do not feed trolls people..
    See, that's the problem with people like you. You name call and make assumptions about people, so who doesn't have the intelligence or brains to defend an argument here? Making assumptions about another is the quickest way to defeat so you'll never win. You have to resort to those childish tactics because your arguments can't stand on their own. I never slandered your name or challenged your intelligence. I'm just bowing out because it's obvious we'll never see eye to eye. Now respond about how I'm a mixed, yellow, half breed, might as well be cac boy, even though all you know about me is our exchange in this thread.

?
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PapaDoc223 wrote: »
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    There are white Haitians? Damn.

After the haitian revolution there was a regiment of polish troops fighting for Napoleon who were abandoned by the French. They never returned back to they home so they stayed in Haiti. Plus alot of french folk who werent massacred were hidden by some black haitians.

My grand uncle looks like a white man with a big nose that those french ? have. My great great grand father was a white man who had alot of land in Petit Gouave. He would go around impreganating light skin and darkskin haitian women. He would give then land and leave and move onto the next female and give her land and rinse and repeat. Lol

dope, i got family from Miragoane, i also got a white french ancestor
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The original racial tripartite is flawed
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    housemouse wrote: »
    Damn. I been ignorin this thread but it's been at the top so long I figured there must be a heated debate goin on so I decided to check it out. Ya'll done lost ya'll damn minds.

The thread was made in the GNS, I saw the craziness coming
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DrJohnHenrikClarke is schizophrenic as a ? . ? says the exact opposite ? on a day to day basis.

Like I said before.

? is clean off her meds.
    Somewhere in bathroom stall sittin on the floor talking to herself. ? outta here.

You say all that... yet you was hitting me up in my inbox asking for nudes. FOH.

Just saw this.....

I have never asked any woman on this site for nudes ever.

Clarification.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DrJohnHenrikClarke is schizophrenic as a ? . ? says the exact opposite ? on a day to day basis.

Like I said before.

? is clean off her meds.
    Somewhere in bathroom stall sittin on the floor talking to herself. ? outta here.

You say all that... yet you was hitting me up in my inbox asking for nudes. FOH.

Just saw this.....

I have never asked any woman on this site for nudes ever.

Clarification.

You lost
  • onthafly
    onthafly Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    zombie wrote: »
    See, that's the problem with people like you. You name call and make assumptions about people, so who doesn't have the intelligence or brains to defend an argument here? Making assumptions about another is the quickest way to defeat so you'll never win. You have to resort to those childish tactics because your arguments can't stand on their own. I never slandered your name or challenged your intelligence. I'm just bowing out because it's obvious we'll never see eye to eye. Now respond about how I'm a mixed, yellow, half breed, might as well be cac boy, even though all you know about me is our exchange in this thread.

who cares if i name call??? what's the big deal get out of your feelings and address what i have said other than the name calling.

you are also hypocrite because you called me a red neck racist but still have the nerve to complain about me name calling. All i need to respond to you is what you have revealed about yourself, you do not consider yourself black, and you clearly push a soft way of thinking, end of story that's all i need to know to justify the statements i made about you
    I don't allow slavery era interpretations of race define me. All that one-drop and you're black, if you light enough to pass for white you're white, etc. If I did I'd be considered black. That's the epitome of slave mentality. I'm mixed and proud of it. We're entering the global age where racial boundaries will be non-existent. Everyone who clings to their race-centric ideologies will find it hard to advance, doing a disservice to their family and lineage.

this is what you believe and it is a direct contradiction of reality and it is a dangerous way for any black population to think. you are right about one thing ,We are entering the global age and they are setting up black/african people to be their perpetual servants making us an underclass that the system can use and abuse anything they feel like it. Mullatoes like you could care less if our identify is erased because you don't really have one of your own.

Never called you a redneck racist. Just said if you modified your statement you would sound like one of them. Said you're no better than them based on that statement. And what is happening to infer that the global population is setting up black/African people to be its servants? Or is this just another assumption on your part? If that is the case then yes, I would care because in those folks eyes I'd be a servant, just like in slavery. Even if I weren't, I'd care because that would be a gross injustice to an entire population of people. Remember, I hate injustice regardless of race. You don't mind injustice as long as it's not your people.

Let's not pretend like colonialism and global white supremacy don't exist in this world. Who's mining the diamonds in African and who's profiting?