Options
2»

Comments

• MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VC best dunker ever: contest, in game, degrees of difficulty, etc
    Plus he was a really good player.

VC, JRich, Francis, Blake Griffin, LaVine, Gerald Green for post 2000 contestants
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lavine ? on those wacc ass vince carter dunks yesterday.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    I'm just saying you said they were superstars so that's why it was good. I was just saying they weren't superstars and the best player during the time was stack and then Vince.

And imo it shouldn't matter if you a star or not, you just gotta come and bring it and make that name for yourself. I can't look at this field and say it's gonna be wack because I didn't see anything yet. People thought Dwight in 08' was gonna be wack, and people thought James white, and Gerald green in that contest was gonna be good.

Just saying, I don't think its fair to prejudge

I get what you're saying about them not being Superstars and you're right to a degree. Still, star power does matter for something like this. That's pretty much what All-Star weekend is all about. I'm not saying that a non-superstar can't be involved in the Dunk Contest, but it's always been better when the majority of the contestants were highly athletic superstars.

Last year had Paul George, dame lillard and John wall headlining it though..

Was that contest wack?

Nah I liked last year's contest. I like most of them honestly. The only terrible ones were when they started making stupid rules or when cats were allowed to attempt the same dunk 20 times.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options

? , get the ? outta here. Levine did the same dunk 3 times. I still haven't seen a dunk as astetically beautiful as vince's reverse 360 windmill. Which at the time had never been seen, by anyone, anywhere. I don't even think they was havin the dunk contest for like the previous 2 or 3 years and they brought it back for vince. As far as the in game dunking, I love kemp, but he, nor anybody else can stand next to vince when it come to in game dunking, he was doin windmills off a dropstep in traffic bruh. There was a time from 1999 to about 2002 when this ? was quite possibly, literally the greatest show on earth. Cuzz, he jumped over fredrick weis' head. Off one dribble. In a game. ? . OUTTA. HERE. ? watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j009k3PMzU

• Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You're posting game dunks when I'm talking about the dunk contest you stupid fucc.I couldn't care less about your opinion mine won't change Lavines dunks were better
  • _Lefty
    edited February 2015
    Options
    You're posting game dunks when I'm talking about the dunk contest you stupid fucc.I couldn't care less about your opinion mine won't change Lavines dunks were better

Nah.......
    Levine did the same dunk 3 times. I still haven't seen a dunk as astetically beautiful as vince's reverse 360 windmill. Which at the time had never been seen, by anyone, anywhere. I don't even think they was havin the dunk contest for like the previous 2 or 3 years and they brought it back for vince.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_e931PFwz0

• dalyricalbandit
    Options
    Vince use to make ? look easy
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shouldn't be too hard to see why this one was so good. Pretty much everyone in it was a legitimate superstar.

This had a rookie T Mac,(similar to Andrew Wiggins), a 2nd year Steve Francis (similar to oladipo and giannis), but the only stars at the time were Stackhouse and Vince. And Stackhouse wasnt that great in this contest

so thats not really valid for you to say sir

T-Mac was in his third year and Francis was a rookie, also I wouldn't say Vince was a "star" before the dunk contest. It was his second year and he wasn't an All-Star either year.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shouldn't be too hard to see why this one was so good. Pretty much everyone in it was a legitimate superstar.

This had a rookie T Mac,(similar to Andrew Wiggins), a 2nd year Steve Francis (similar to oladipo and giannis), but the only stars at the time were Stackhouse and Vince. And Stackhouse wasnt that great in this contest

McGrady wasnt no damn rookie.
    He was drafted a year before Vince in 97.
    N Vince wasn't a star yet. THe contest made him a household name.
    Steve francis was actually a rookie, that season.

The only legitimate star at the time was Jerry Stackhouse.
  • D0wn
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »

Nah.......
    Levine did the same dunk 3 times. I still haven't seen a dunk as astetically beautiful as vince's reverse 360 windmill. Which at the time had never been seen, by anyone, anywhere. I don't even think they was havin the dunk contest for like the previous 2 or 3 years and they brought it back for vince.

They brought the dunk contest back for Vince ???
    They didnt have a dunk contest r an allstar game in 1999 because of the lock out.
  • D0wn
    Options

Lavine did his thang, but did the same Vince Dunk 3 times...

Dwight Dunk contest >>>>Lavine.

• _Lefty
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    _Lefty wrote: »

Nah.......

They brought the dunk contest back for Vince ???
    They didnt have a dunk contest r an allstar game in 1999 because of the lock out.

They didn't have it the previous year either homie.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »

T-Mac was in his third year and Francis was a rookie, also I wouldn't say Vince was a "star" before the dunk contest. It was his second year and he wasn't an All-Star either year.
    D0wn wrote: »

McGrady wasnt no damn rookie.
    He was drafted a year before Vince in 97.
    N Vince wasn't a star yet. THe contest made him a household name.
    Steve francis was actually a rookie, that season.

The only legitimate star at the time was Jerry Stackhouse.

I ? up on the rookie tip but you two helped my argument
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess our opinions of what constitutes a Star is different. I was in college at that time and didn't even watch the NBA much, and I still knew who all those guys were at the time. They may not have been what they eventually grew to be, but they were not as nameless as some of ya'll are trying to imply. Some of the dudes that have been in the contest lately are damn near career bench players.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    where the ? is larry hughes at now

I ran in to dude at an airport in Atlanta about a year ago. This ? had on a hat, shades and big ass beats on. He was acting like he was tryna be low. Like he was worried about TMZ running up on him. Lol
  • A$AP_A$TON
    Options
    I remember I was 14 years old when this went down. I taped it on the VCR and would watch it constantly. I think somebody in my family taped over it. Smh

I remember the next week the ASW edition of Slam magazine came out and I had to have it. Crazy memories, oh yea I remember every body in my school copped those And-1's VC had on.
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    I remember I was 14 years old when this went down. I taped it on the VCR and would watch it constantly. I think somebody in my family taped over it. Smh

I remember the next week the ASW edition of Slam magazine came out and I had to have it. Crazy memories, oh yea I remember every body in my school copped those And-1's VC had on.

LOL then he bounced to Nike and had those signature Shox less than a year later.
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I ran in to dude at an airport in Atlanta about a year ago. This ? had on a hat, shades and big ass beats on. He was acting like he was tryna be low. Like he was worried about TMZ running up on him. Lol

That's exactly how he looks when he comes thru. I'm like nikka don't nobody know yo mediocre ass like dat. lol

No shade to the mans pockets, but I'm still in disbelief Cleveland gave that nikka 55 mill. smh

• dalyricalbandit
    Options
    I'm about to watch some of his goat dunks
  • A$AP_A$TON
    Options
    MallyG wrote: »

That's exactly how he looks when he comes thru. I'm like nikka don't nobody know yo mediocre ass like dat. lol

No shade to the mans pockets, but I'm still in disbelief Cleveland gave that nikka 55 mill. smh

Lol. You've seen him like that too?

Damn he was getting 55 mil in Cleveland during the Lebron era. That's crazy.